PDA

View Full Version : Veeshan Desync

Rogean
01-15-2014, 01:07 PM
Hey guys,

I heard about the Desync that happened in Veeshan's Peak last night. We got a debug message around that time that we are looking into but I wanted get more information from the guilds present.

How many were in the zone at the time this happened? All were involved in combat? It only happened during Combat? Did you ultimately have to lower the number of players in the zone? How many did you drop?

Need at least those questions answered plus anything else you think might be relevant.

I'm also looking into Trakanon's Teeth Desync as a possibly related issue. I'm gonna be bouncing some information off Haynar to see what he thinks as well. We may need some people with this issue to help us test in the future, as I've never had the issue in that zone.

getsome
01-15-2014, 01:14 PM
Hey guys,

I heard about the Desync that happened in Veeshan's Peak last night. We got a debug message around that time that we are looking into but I wanted get more information from the guilds present.

How many were in the zone at the time this happened? 75-85 All were involved in combat? Yes (minus kite crew)It only happened during Combat? YesDid you ultimately have to lower the number of players in the zone? YesHow many did you drop? roughly 15, can double check logs at home

Need at least those questions answered plus anything else you think might be relevant. The fight occurred at zone in, we had several people kiting a significant amount of mobs (10-20?) away from the pull path

I'm also looking into Trakanon's Teeth Desync as a possibly related issue. I'm gonna be bouncing some information off Haynar to see what he thinks as well. We may need some people with this issue to help us test in the future, as I've never had the issue in that zone.

doraf
01-15-2014, 01:25 PM
I just started having desync problems in TT over the last couple of months. Typically when I am desyned from the zone it drops me to the login screen. The VP raid did not do that though. Most of us simply died and loaded back at our bind spots I think most people were unable to attack or cast any spells. I was able to open my inventory and messages were still being sent where as when I am desynced from the zone I am unable to send or receive any messages.

I am sure that a great number of us are more than happy to help with any testing you need. All of our bickering aside, we really appreciate all the work and time you have put into this server.

Rogean
01-15-2014, 01:28 PM
I wasn't in the zone when the issue happened but I was there for a while after. I remember seeing 90-100 people there and no issues, but I did have a couple questions now:

1) Was trash being kited away both times the Desync happened, but not being kited when there wasn't any issue?
2) Were there still many players on their way into the zone during both desyncs?

doraf
01-15-2014, 01:53 PM
I wasn't in the zone when the issue happened but I was there for a while after. I remember seeing 90-100 people there and no issues, but I did have a couple questions now:

1) Was trash being kited away both times the Desync happened, but not being kited when there wasn't any issue?
There was kiting going on during both battles. The desync seemed to only happen while mobs were being kited and Druushk was being attacked simultaneously.
2) Were there still many players on their way into the zone during both desyncs?
There were people logging in and out to reset agro during the Druushk kill as well.