PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Cant send tells

Gwence
08-02-2010, 03:02 AM
It's not letting me send tells to anyone atm. It says most of them are offline even though Im standing right in front of them, and talking with them in vent.

It has however allowed 1 tell to go through to 1 specific person, but it shows the tell as [queued] and never gets to the person. Also it shows me as offline to everyone trying to send me tells even though I am not offine.

People can buff me and receive my songs in group, I can see group and guild chat and people can see my group and guild chat.

My /w all command does not respond at all.

There is a few other people in my guild having this same issue since the patch, I have relogged, rebooted, etc.. Nothing has fixed it so far.

mistersuits
08-02-2010, 03:06 AM
Yep also having this issue. It happened after I updated to eqchangesv3 and logged back in.

mmiles8
08-02-2010, 03:07 AM
The worldserver was restarted, the people you can't send tells to likely haven't zoned since that happened.

Gwence
08-02-2010, 03:16 AM
that's not it

mmiles8
08-02-2010, 03:27 AM
Strange.
Tells are working ok for me, try sending me a tell and seeing if it goes through for you.
Anleus in game.

Gwence
08-02-2010, 03:32 AM
tell will probably go through to you, but it wont show that I sent the tell on my screen, and you wont be able to respond, yes I've zoned many times, and relogged.

mmiles8
08-02-2010, 03:37 AM
Yep. I got your tell, and exactly what you said happened. /who you shows you as being online, /tell you shows you as being offline.

Itchybottom
08-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Happening in soldunga, / all takes a lot of time, and doors are taking anywhere from 15 seconds, to a minute to trigger. Tells, don't seem to be going outside of zone, I haven't been able to test any incoming tells yet given the latency of /who all being suspect to tells through the zone server. I asked a question in /ooc, about 6 minutes ago, and it just now was answered. Scary. Not fighting anything, just rogue sneak/hiding around.

Lazortag
08-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Sometimes when I can't send a tell, killing something makes it work again (I'm not joking about this).

Aadill
08-02-2010, 10:11 AM
You can also send yourself a tell, that seems to have been a fairly consistent fix to the problem.

Hammer
08-02-2010, 12:25 PM
I wasn't having this issue at first, but as of this morning I am.

Gwence
08-02-2010, 02:47 PM
well I logged in this morning and was able to us /w all and send tells again, so I dont know what I did, or if something was done while I slept, but yay!

Aadill
08-02-2010, 03:08 PM
It's a recurring issue... happens at random times in random zones, it seems. If /who all or /tell self are viable methods to re-establish connections with the world server for proper communication, we may be on to something.

mmiles8
08-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Did some testing on this. (Thanks Someones!)

Using tell in any format
/tell, /r, /reply
with an NPC's corpse targetted will result in no tell going through. (No error or anything)

Tells made with a player's corpse targetted function normally.

Qaedain
08-05-2010, 10:56 PM
I think this might have something to do with the new feature that allows you to send tells to the players of targeted corpses.

Haynar
08-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Did some testing on this. (Thanks Someones!)

Using tell in any format
/tell, /r, /reply
with an NPC's corpse targetted will result in no tell going through. (No error or anything)

Tells made with a player's corpse targetted function normally.
Thanks, working on a fix now.

Haynar