PDA

View Full Version : Necro Pets

justn6
01-13-2014, 11:20 PM
Seems either the wiki or the spell itself is incorrect, as the level 16 pet spell summons a level 15 DB pet every time. The wiki states it should be a level 16 pet with no variation.

Uteunayr
01-14-2014, 12:06 AM
Edit the wiki page with the adjusted information? :D

Swish
01-14-2014, 06:12 AM
Edit the wiki page with the adjusted information? :D

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx6tic5sFo1r9x0sdo1_400.gif

The wiki is only as good as the community makes it. It takes about 30 seconds to make an account.

test
01-19-2014, 02:37 AM
so pets... here is what i have discovered so far on this server...

I am currently lvl 42, and i have noticed this since i was in the teens as well. When i first started getting my pets, they were blue to me. I could not notice variation in them at all. New pets were always blue. The descriptions in the wiki always had a set lvl for them, so i assumed they were that level, later there is some variance given for pets, but in reality there is always variance.

As i got closer to getting a new pet, new pet level, i almost always would start having pets that were once always DB start LB'ing out. I would just recast them until i got a DB pet, but i guessed that there was always a variance, and i was just not noticing or couldnt notice since it was always a DB variance.

but said all that to say, yes, the wiki is wrong. Even for the pets that LB out later on, when you recast and get a DB pet, who knows what level they are, the wiki is not dead on, as all pet spells have a variance.

I am not sure if they always have a variance, or if you get the chance at a variance as you gain more levels, or get better conjuration skill, or what. I just know it occurs. I too did a double take since the pets are listed as single pet levels in the wiki, but if you take it as a guideline rather than gospel (in this instance) pretty much everything else is correct in the wiki for Necros.

I suggest always having a few BCs extra in your packs, so that as you level up, and pets start to LB/DB, you have extra so you don't feel bad about the recast. The DB pets aren't so much better than the LB that it will be a huge difference, but over time if you're soloing it will be enough of a difference in damage (say an hour) that it more than makes up for the mana to recast.

test
01-19-2014, 03:21 AM
yeah honestly its one of those things i just took in stride. One level variance isn't very much in terms of the pet. I have found that is the only thing that is really off a bit in the wiki anyways, seems like everything else is spot on.

just noticed you're in Auburn? That's pretty funny, i went to school there =) war eagle.

Swish
01-19-2014, 06:09 AM
You can potentially cast dark blue pets at least to 56 (with the monk pet), so if a light blue one appears...send it packing :p

Not sure about the spectre pet, but I'd imagine that's the same too when you get that far?