PDA

View Full Version : corner casting

Feniggles
01-12-2014, 02:42 PM
i corner casted a sunstrike on a player outside kc this morning and was immediately sent tells that i was exploiting and he was frapsing me. i feel shitty that he really believes i was exploiting. what say you veteran eq players?

vouss
01-12-2014, 02:44 PM
said person is a noob

mostbitter
funny

Classic
I DON"T EVEN KNOW WHAT CORNER CASTING IS!?? PLZ LEARN ME

Colgate
he dum

Classic
01-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Nvm Dazey explained it to me. Elite.

Stasis01
01-12-2014, 02:47 PM
legit

cutie
01-12-2014, 02:56 PM
even this noob knows what corner casting is :)

Feniggles
01-12-2014, 04:53 PM
going to have to send that 56 ranger a tell in gameto come read this hehe

Sektor
01-12-2014, 04:55 PM
reported you bro your fucked

JayN
01-12-2014, 04:56 PM
Confirmed exploiter ban please

Mingo
01-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Phaedra got that in City of Mist against some shitty monk and Hoike received the accusation of "hacks" when he killed Monkye in guk with the same tactic.

Monkye was oocing about how i have a hack that makes it so i dont have to stand still while casting spells.

vinnidel
01-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Phaedra got that in City of Mist against some shitty monk and Hoike received the accusation of "hacks" when he killed Monkye in guk with the same tactic.

Monkye was oocing about how i have a hack that makes it so i dont have to stand still while casting spells.

^ confirmed. saw ooc dominguero-english spam and guffawed irl.

Tassador
01-12-2014, 06:04 PM
why do we allow the exploitations of norrath to continue?

freez
01-12-2014, 06:21 PM

:(

JayN
01-12-2014, 06:22 PM

Not sure TBH, TMO had their exploiter accounts perma-banned, this is unjust and unfair WRU Johnnie Cochran; this Bias shall not stand

mitic
01-12-2014, 06:45 PM
even if someone does a mistake once, it does not justify to ban him forever, or even worse, leaving him in suspense for weeks with a possible chance to get it lifted (or not)

i was away for a year and now all i see and hear since iam back is soandso has been banned for one train or for one naked kill (naked kills often by mistake in the heat of a guildfight)

i wouldnt mind if it was a lvl 10 toon being banned but come on, players who played months/years on this server being banned after one misconduct?

1 week suspension after first mistake
2-4 weeks after second
and then, a ban.

this or something like that should be the way to go. i realy dont understand why the staff is going hardcore right now. this wont help the server at all and after all, we are all human beings having fun playing on this server.

and no, i dont have any guild or player in mind writing all of this. this is just my "common sense".

Gustoo
01-12-2014, 07:32 PM
It depends on the offence.

Two boxxing, permaban deleted characters public shame board
Actual hax like MQ, permaban deleted characters public shame board

Some grey area of game mechanics, temp ban and a new rule made to clarify the intended use of the mechanics and what qualifies as an exploit of the mechanics.

SamwiseRed
01-12-2014, 07:40 PM
ban first, ask questions later

Zereh
01-12-2014, 08:12 PM
ban, fuck asking questions

ftfy

heartbrand
01-12-2014, 08:16 PM
ftfy

How's the shared bank?

SamwiseRed
01-12-2014, 08:20 PM
ftfy

even betta :)

freez
01-12-2014, 08:25 PM
banned banned

Zereh
01-12-2014, 09:16 PM
How's the shared bank?

About 1000x healthier than yours, I'd imagine. =) At least it's safe.

heartbrand
01-12-2014, 10:52 PM
About 1000x healthier than yours, I'd imagine. =) At least it's safe.

Thanks for confirming your piece of shit status :)

Tassador
01-12-2014, 11:58 PM
Has fenigle been banned for xploiting yet?

Zereh
01-13-2014, 12:50 AM
Thanks for confirming your piece of shit status :)

Oh, here I thought it was just a jibe about the guild bank. I should have known a class act like you would have meant it as a personal thing.

FYI it's not shared, it's just available space. If I'm a "piece of shit", what would you call an account stripping, ninja looter [who was dumb enough to destroy it and then play dumb], GM impersonator?

Bardalicious
01-13-2014, 12:53 AM
<Red Dawn>

iiNGloriouS
01-13-2014, 01:17 AM
-Michael Scott

SamwiseRed
01-13-2014, 01:22 AM
disappointed in the lack of ban waves today.

Sektor
01-13-2014, 01:41 AM
Has fenigle been banned for xploiting yet?

loled

SamwiseRed
01-13-2014, 02:41 AM
i also petitioned the use of feniggles gnome vision. clearly an exploit. inc ban. thanks for playing.

maverixdamighty
01-13-2014, 06:48 AM
it is exploiting, but most people do it.

Smedy
01-13-2014, 08:05 AM
wait wut? corner casting is now exploiting? how the fuck u suppose to fight a melee indoor if u can't corner cast?

maverixdamighty
01-13-2014, 09:19 AM
wait wut? corner casting is now exploiting? how the fuck u suppose to fight a melee indoor if u can't corner cast?

melee is too strong here it's not supposed to hit the same as in PVE. corner casting is exploiting just like sit casting. personally i think it helps even the playing field, but they are still exploits and not how casting was intended to work.

heartbrand
01-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Oh, here I thought it was just a jibe about the guild bank. I should have known a class act like you would have meant it as a personal thing.

ITT Zarah admits to using ender provided UI that allows use of shared bank slots then tries to lessen the implications of it by throwing random inaccurate accusations around hoping they will stick (which they won't because I've proven them to be false a hundred times over sorry hun).

Smedy
01-13-2014, 10:01 AM
melee is too strong here it's not supposed to hit the same as in PVE. corner casting is exploiting just like sit casting. personally i think it helps even the playing field, but they are still exploits and not how casting was intended to work.

i'm not sure what policy sony had on this from live, i can't remember many using it and when someone did use it many mads were had due to the fact that people though they were using hacks

was it illegal to corner cast on live?

Mingo
01-13-2014, 01:46 PM
i'm not sure what policy sony had on this from live, i can't remember many using it and when someone did use it many mads were had due to the fact that people though they were using hacks

was it illegal to corner cast on live?

No. Just as turning on auto attack as you run past your opponent and then turning it off, waiting for your swing timer to refresh and running past opponent and turning it back on to hit them wasn't an exploit either. Using levitate to position yourself above a a melee opponent wasnt an exploit either, ie: running up trees and parking yourself on top of buildings and trees was also not an exploit. Putting > innate pet hits but < 51 delay weapons on pets wasn't an exploit either, and yes, pets hit for the full dmg, IE Executioner's Axe on lvl 1 necro pets sliced 50 dmg.

These are all 'mechanics' or 'strategies.' IMO complaining about corner casting is ridiculous, even with corner casting there is still code that offers an interrupt that is independent of 'push' from melee attacks based upon a % of a chance to interrupt for each hit.

The only thing that should be looked at IMO regarding balancing for melees vs. casters with corner casting is spell completion based upon LoS when spell cast terminates. On live it was a viable strategy to melee someone repeatedly and then duck behind a wall to block the spell at the last second. Here that doesn't work with the hybrid formula written by our pal Null.

Gustoo
01-13-2014, 05:40 PM
I thought we all knew that this thread was a joke.

Gustoo
01-13-2014, 05:41 PM
And yeah, the incorrect line of sight mechanics here are retarded. I used to dodge a lot of fireballs when fighting mages.

Tassador
01-13-2014, 05:43 PM
I thought we all knew that this thread was a joke.

Glad to know you think cheating is a joke. Hope you don't get banned sir

Sektor
01-13-2014, 05:53 PM
Glad to know you think cheating is a joke. Hope you don't get banned sir

lol

Classic
01-13-2014, 07:03 PM
No. Just as turning on auto attack as you run past your opponent and then turning it off, waiting for your swing timer to refresh and running past opponent and turning it back on to hit them wasn't an exploit either. Using levitate to position yourself above a a melee opponent wasnt an exploit either, ie: running up trees and parking yourself on top of buildings and trees was also not an exploit. Putting > innate pet hits but < 51 delay weapons on pets wasn't an exploit either, and yes, pets hit for the full dmg, IE Executioner's Axe on lvl 1 necro pets sliced 50 dmg.

These are all 'mechanics' or 'strategies.' IMO complaining about corner casting is ridiculous, even with corner casting there is still code that offers an interrupt that is independent of 'push' from melee attacks based upon a % of a chance to interrupt for each hit.

The only thing that should be looked at IMO regarding balancing for melees vs. casters with corner casting is spell completion based upon LoS when spell cast terminates. On live it was a viable strategy to melee someone repeatedly and then duck behind a wall to block the spell at the last second. Here that doesn't work with the hybrid formula written by our pal Null.

yes, los spells needs in, thx

Mac Dretti
01-13-2014, 07:05 PM

Eggselent