PDA

View Full Version : Paladin level guide -

dethbringre
01-12-2014, 11:08 AM
First off I'm writing this while camping for mobs, medding becomes quite slow and boring and this gives me something to do. In between breaks, which quickly become 10+mins you can really get alot of crap done. I'm a erudite pally playing on red and I mostly solo so I'll be centering this level guide around solo spots. It's a work in progress as I'm only 48, but most of that time has been spent solo. Also, this isn't my first toon so I had some spare cash to spend, but I believe most of this guide can be utilized for players who decide to make a paladin as their first toon. So here goes.

Level 1-4:

Stick to your starting area. Shouldnt take too long, gives you a chance to get the feel for your toon.

Level 5-16:

At these levels I did Blackburrow, starting at the zone in and slowly working my way down. Save the gnoll teeth for turn ins in Qeynos they are amazing XP and good faction. You get the faction from the brews that the teeth yield. The xp that the mobs give starts to get pretty slow at 15 or so but the teeth still make it worth it. You can also try the bandits in West Karana at around 15 or 16. Save the bandit sashes for faction as well. You may also want to try CB but its usually pretty crowded. upper guk is also an option.

17-20:

This option is great if its your first toon as it yields good cash, the sister camp in lfay. Sell fine steel weapons you get to the ranger camp nearby. The respawn time is fast and if you get in trouble you can zone into MM. You may actually be able to stretch out the sister camp until 22 I can't remember.

21-35:

I skipped Unrest and went to MM at this point. Mainly because on Red unrest is rough for pvp. Both options are great and move really fast. For Unrest I would set up camp at the front door and use lull to pull singles, and remember that the ghouls can root and will run on lowhp. You can stay in unrest much longer but I've never liked the basement. If you decide to do MM stick to entrance mobs and pull up the ramp and kill by the zone line as things can go south quick here. Try to pick up a group if you can, the graveyard can be great group xp. Utilize your roots to keep singles attacking you instead of taking dmg from 2 or 3.

36-42:

For this level I did uguk. Set up camp at Ancient Croc spawn. The crocs are easy to kill and everything is on a pretty quick repop time. Most people will say to move on well before level 42 but the reason I stayed until things started greening out is because upper guk has such a high ZEM bonus, much higher than lguk. A light blue con mob in upper is easily worth the same as a dark blue con in lguk when you factor in the speed of the kill and the bonus to exp. You can run a route from AC on over to the lguk live side spawn area, killing frogs in between. You can also kill a few of the frogs inside live side while waiting for repops.

43-46:

I had trouble finding an efficient spot to kill at these levels, nothing felt good but there are some solo camps out there for sure. I did frogs in lguk live side and dead side near zone lines. Try to find a group for ass/sup or anything in lguk, there is some good loot to be had. You can also try specs at these levels, I started specs at 45 but I'm sure you could do it earlier. Also, I get bored soloing in one spot so I like to move around a bit. I found the guards in Neriak near zone or Grobb to be decent, they can be a bit tough without some decent gear though.

47-?:

Starting now is the best camp I've found at these levels; the bloodgills in LOIO. I started these at 46 but I'm sure you could do these at 45 or so. Make sure you have a fb earring or some sort of eb item. This was one of the faster camps in the game that I've found, being good for a yellow bubble of xp per hour solo. What I did was set up shop in between 2x2 spawns, or 4 mobs. Kill ONE from first group, turn around and kill ONE from the other group of two. this splits both and you'll stagger the repops allowing you to pull singles. The loot isn't too great but you can easily make 100-200 pp in a few hours.

So far thats how far I've made it. I'll keep updating this as I level but I'm thinking CoM, HS, KC to continue on to 60 solo. If you see somethin wrong with this let me know and I'll change it. I was going off of memory for some of the earlier stuff and I may have made an error here and there, but it seems fairly accurate for the most part.

Post your suggestions here as well!

capco
01-13-2014, 09:06 PM
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this up :) I have a 17 pally alt on Blue that I like to dabble with from time to time.

I will come here when I need suggestions on where to go during group downtime.

Daldaen
01-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Not enough undead.

1-5 Entry zone
5-10 Blackburrow / Crushbone
10-35 Unrest
35-52~ LGuk

Swish
01-14-2014, 06:16 AM
Not enough undead.

1-5 Entry zone
5-10 Blackburrow / Crushbone
10-35 Unrest
35-52~ LGuk

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/One%2Bdoes%2Bnot%2Bsimply%2Blisten%2Bto%2Bit%2Bjus t%2Bthe%2Bonce%2B_0c59ececc234787e6ffb9c66959047c7 .jpg

One does not simply level in Unrest or Lower Guk on red... not easily anyway :p

Holey
01-14-2014, 11:43 AM
1-60 bard kite. gg LOL

Velerin
01-14-2014, 11:55 AM
Tons of undead in Trak's Teeth that are still dark blue at 54. Outdoor and safe. Might be a decent exp for a solo paly. Think the keepers are wizards too, low hp.

Daldaen
01-14-2014, 12:13 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/One%2Bdoes%2Bnot%2Bsimply%2Blisten%2Bto%2Bit%2Bjus t%2Bthe%2Bonce%2B_0c59ececc234787e6ffb9c66959047c7 .jpg

One does not simply level in Unrest or Lower Guk on red... not easily anyway :p

Red is bad and you should feel bad for having to consider Red when making leveling guides.

Buellen
01-21-2014, 03:57 PM
My normal leveling rout

1-4 starting area

5-10 commons

10-20 upper guk crocs / trolls in jail **CANT BE KOS TO FROGS**

20-25 Kurns tower sub basement stick to undead you will be dubious buryani (badgers)

25-27 Iksar manslayers , pariahs warsilk woods various camps 7min respawn timer

27-32 iksar exiles swamp of no hope 9 spwn 7 min timer

32- 40 frontier mountains OR Firiona vie pirate drolvags.

Lartanin63
01-21-2014, 11:44 PM
Nice list man. If you had a ghoulbane i would of done it a bit different but it is nice to share your leveling experiance. I am working on one for a ranger solo guide since I have been in the same boat of soloing most of my levels on red as well.

Funkutron5000
01-22-2014, 01:59 PM
I did freeport guards quite a bit from late 40s up through 53. Watch out for guard Inofus, though. He's a jerk.

Zubek
01-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Nice list man. If you had a ghoulbane i would of done it a bit different but it is nice to share your leveling experiance. I am working on one for a ranger solo guide since I have been in the same boat of soloing most of my levels on red as well.

Would love to see this as I have a 17 ranger at the moment :)

dethbringre
01-28-2014, 11:45 PM
Only reason I didnt focus alot on Undead was because from my experience it seemed quicker and more mana efficient to just bash mobs to death the Baton of Faith instead of Ghoulbane.

I did spend a short stint in Unrest but like a previous poster said, that can be tricky on red. Not until in my 40s did I really start to fear kite undead and I found that the specs in oasis were amazing, and the little camp of undead in DL wasn't bad either. But I'd recommend latter 40s before attempting.

And my last advice, don't give up on pally! I know all classes get more fun as they level, but Paladin I believe comes into his own much later than the rest of the classes. The second stun at lvl 49 was a game changer!

Rheaume
02-04-2014, 07:03 PM
I have a mithril 2 hand. Is this ok or should I get a ghoulbane/shield instead?

Lartanin63
02-04-2014, 11:04 PM
If its your only haste item i would keep with the mithril. Can pick up a ghoul bane if you are over 20 and have a fbss imo.