PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: The Skeleton in Grobb

Brut
01-11-2014, 07:46 AM
All righty, so I remember damn well that my first ever trip into Grobb on my ogre shaman on live early 2000 consisted of running around, then being slain by a skeleton. This guy was a plague in the zone. He would roam around, I recall him parking next to the booze vendor behind the desk, hanging out by the carver, waltzing all over the zone. He was most likely on the shaman guild faction, since he was threateningly to ogre shamans.

Live removed him from the zone at some point because, you know, what the hell Verant?

http://web.archive.org/web/20010708034703/http://everlore.com/bestiary/beastdetails.asp?mode=show&BID=315173

^ Mentions him at the shm guild (the carver platform) plus at the desk behind the warrior guild.

This guy used to roam the zone and was like lvl30 or something lame. I remember this perfectly well. On p99 he simply hangs out in a jail cell near the shaman guild, hardly being a bother.

Tecmos Deception
01-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Live removed him from the zone at some point because, you know, what the hell Verant?

And you're trying to bring him back? What the hell Brut? ;)

Vermicelli
01-12-2014, 01:53 AM
I remember getting tagged and super surprised by the Grobb skeleton on one of my very first P99 toons, a troll shadowknight in 2010. He was definitely sticking to his prison cell though. Checked tonight and the skele is sitting dutifully in his cage in a cave off the Shaman guild, indifferent to a troll SK.

I never figured you for "that guy," Brut.

Brut
01-12-2014, 07:51 AM
The zone is already ass to travel thru with the changes to shm guild positioned dead center of the city aggroing most non-trolls. The guy's part of a shaman quest afaik, which is why he aggros people (and why some of the comments mention Jocka, a shaman guild master, assisting him).

It's classic and all that, yay NerfQuest.

Potus
01-12-2014, 04:54 PM
If we're on the subject of jerk NPCs that kill lowbies, the Minotaur Hero needs to be KOS to all gnomes and have a way larger aggro radius.

Sundawg
01-12-2014, 05:46 PM
That skeleton is on my long list of NPCs that need faction I've been working through. So the evidenced points to him being on Darkones then?

Fixed, pending update.

As for making him path, Nilbog will have to decide on that and implement. Having a wandering skeleton on shaman faction will definitely make Grobb more... interesting for outsiders, but classic EQ is supposed to interesting (read: hard and unforgiving).

Mino Hero faction will get looked at in time.

Aeolwind
01-15-2014, 09:29 AM
Mino Hero faction will get looked at in time.

Reviewing. All Steamfont mino's should be on Meldrath faction and KOS to gnomes (GemChoppers KingAkanon). I suspect there is another issue going on here that may take some tweaking.

Sundawg
02-08-2014, 03:29 PM
If we're on the subject of jerk NPCs that kill lowbies, the Minotaur Hero needs to be KOS to all gnomes and have a way larger aggro radius.

Fixed, pending update.