PDA

View Full Version : Enchanters charmable mobs

phacemeltar
01-10-2014, 10:11 PM
i would like to request some help putting together a list of good strong charms for each zone. These would be pets that are:

easily charmable (low magic resist)
high damage (rogue backstab, quad hits, or high spell damage)
good tank (possible?)
any other perks that set them apart from other mobs in the zone.

im going to start off by mentioning two that i think are strong. these are:

Osargen in highpass keep with a very strong backstab
Gypsy female(forget name, will edit) in rathe mountains has a very strong nuke

please refrain from commenting unless adding content to this thread.

Tecmos Deception
01-10-2014, 10:39 PM
How about to comment that there is already a thread perfectly on topic in these forums somewhere? :p

Tecmos Deception
01-10-2014, 10:41 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83643

And it was only 2 pages back, too! Though there is some crazy-incorrect info already in the first post. CoM trash mobs quadding for 150, lol.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
01-10-2014, 10:47 PM
Dervs at low levels in Oasis - low lvl Rog.
Initiates in Mistmoore - low lvl Rog.
Gypsie dancers or w/e in Mistmoore - Rog.
Pirates in FV - Rog. Unlimited enemies.
Lteth Mal Gnolls in Paw - low level vs the rest of the dungeon. Easy charm.
Spiroc Proven in TD - Rog.
Goblin Bonecharmer in Nurga - sk. Cast vampiric curse and proc like crazy.
Zombie Bartender in Unrest - Rog.
Named rogues in Highpass - Rog.
Apparitions/wraiths/shadows in CoM for lifetap.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
01-10-2014, 10:48 PM
How about to comment that there is already a thread perfectly on topic in these forums somewhere? :p

Also this.

Tecmos Deception
01-10-2014, 10:51 PM
I personally dislike basically any mob that casts or procs. They break roots! But they are nice in a group or kiting setting I guess.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
01-10-2014, 11:24 PM
I personally dislike basically any mob that casts or procs. They break roots! But they are nice in a group or kiting setting I guess.

Good point. I just assumed since rogues were specified it implied a group setting.

Kinda just figure most warrior mobs are all the same. Animals suck.

phacemeltar
01-11-2014, 02:50 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83643

And it was only 2 pages back, too! Though there is some crazy-incorrect info already in the first post. CoM trash mobs quadding for 150, lol.

thanks!

Buriedpast
01-11-2014, 03:02 AM

This x 1000

Any chanter who charms a proc mob's a tard.

SK mobs are cool, as you can ToT on breaks though.

Potus
01-11-2014, 03:02 AM

God but Festering Hags in Unrest tear it up and they'll cast on me instead of melee me when charm breaks and I can resist their spells.

Tecmos Deception
01-11-2014, 06:16 AM
God but Festering Hags in Unrest tear it up and they'll cast on me instead of melee me when charm breaks and I can resist their spells.

On the casters-as-pets note, you'll know when your caster pet is oom because it probably won't entirely STOP casting spells, but it will start doing stuff like casting blind or root or dispel every time. They fire these off as soon as they have enough mana for it, so they never regenerate enough mana to cast nukes/dots/whatever again while you keep them charmed. Dispels and roots are both very bad, because dispels can cancel your roots, slows, etc, and enemy roots usually won't last as long as yours.

You can force a charmed caster to stop a spell by telling it to sit down while it is casting though!

Yinaltin
01-11-2014, 07:16 AM
when around 35 + charm undead wars like dar ghouls in lguk or warbone skeletons in hs due to their low resist and my necro charm lasts mostly the full duration . they have nice high ac and solo any caster mob around (even nameds if hasted)

phacemeltar
01-11-2014, 08:12 AM
On the casters-as-pets note, you'll know when your caster pet is oom because it probably won't entirely STOP casting spells, but it will start doing stuff like casting blind or root or dispel every time. They fire these off as soon as they have enough mana for it, so they never regenerate enough mana to cast nukes/dots/whatever again while you keep them charmed. Dispels and roots are both very bad, because dispels can cancel your roots, slows, etc, and enemy roots usually won't last as long as yours.

You can force a charmed caster to stop a spell by telling it to sit down while it is casting though!

do npc casters regen mana at the same rate as hp while blurred?

Tecmos Deception
01-11-2014, 08:22 AM
It is faster for sure, I don't know if it is 5% per tick or not though.