PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Dots in wrong slot / dispelling

Tecmos Deception
01-10-2014, 08:24 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84499

The issue in that thread is still going. Just ate an ignite blood and was unable to dispel it, even though it appeared to be in my first buff slot (where I had grim aura that I clicked off when I saw the spell was going to hit me),

Brut
01-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Chck logs if you got hit by a lifetap dot before that. There was a long standing pvp bug (which I think is still the case) wherein Vampiric Curse line doesn't make an effect on your list, but still exists there. Basically your first slot does have a debuff, but it just doesn't show up. So when the next dot hits you, it goes to the first slot, but it's actually now on the next open slot (the last one probably in your cse).

Tecmos Deception
01-10-2014, 10:10 AM
The only spell cast on me the entire fight was the ignite blood. I had grim aura in my top slot until the ignite was being cast, then I clicked grim aura off, ignite appeared to be in my top slot but my 2nd+later slots got dispelled when I tried to dispel, and ignite remained.

Brut
01-10-2014, 11:11 AM
That's iffy then. No clue! =p

Tecmos Deception
01-10-2014, 11:39 AM
That's iffy then. No clue! =p

You didn't read the thread I linked, did you? :p

Brut
01-10-2014, 11:47 AM
You didn't read the thread I linked, did you? :p
Did. It talks about a mob that can cast the same spell so that was a possibility there, also!

There was a period on the server where ebolt I think never left a debuff effect, so maybe this is indeed a simple bug with just the heat line.

knix
01-10-2014, 04:45 PM
when i cast rez on a body, the rezzed player appears where i started the spell and not where the body ultimately was when the spell finished, or where the body was when the player appeared in the zone. Is it possible that the check for where the spell is going to land on you is done the instant the spell is cast and not when you see the messaged that the npc is casting?

Yoite
01-11-2014, 11:57 AM
this can be repeated fairly easy once you learn the sweet spot (as well as avoided until its fixed) it all has to do with the timing of when you click off the dummy buff before the debuff hits you. If you wait until right before the spell hits you, it will appear to go top slot but when you dispell it will do just as described.

Its much easier to reproduce bebuff or doting yourself since you can see your own cast bar.

If anyone needs help reproducing this bug i can assist but you should be able to figure out the timing pretty easy, just wait until the last sec to click off dummy buff.

Regards,

Alecta
01-15-2014, 11:05 PM
Will try reproducing it that way Yoite. Thanks.

There have been threads about this happening in pvp and causing tears, but I haven't had anyone suggest reproducible ways to trigger it.