PDA

View Full Version : Enchanters and AC?

Crawdad
01-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Recently started playing an Enchanter, and I was wondering how you guys rate going for AC? There's plenty of Int caster/'chanter gear that sports some AC (Ornate Rune Shield, Rod of Insidious Glamour, eventually Orb of the Infinite Void to name a few), but AC is usually a side note.

I've Also heard rumors that AC doesn't quite work correctly on p99? Does this make AC (which is already low for int classes) pretty much useless?

Iumuno
01-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Broken mechanics or not, don't bother.

Potus
01-10-2014, 01:08 AM
AC is worthless and even on live it was worthless on a caster.

Don't get hit. And if you do, have a Rune up.

Tecmos Deception
01-10-2014, 06:44 AM
Splorf says AC is not useless on enchanters: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=798998

TLDR: AC does reduce melee damage taken, even for int casters. And with enchanters especially, who often have runes up, AC is even better in increasing the time it takes for them to go from normal to dead.

Imo but without the actual testing: agree with Splorf. AC probably causes mobs to miss more, which means I get pushed less, which means I tend to get off more spells without interruption. Bash probably misses more too, which obviously is going to let me get off more spells without interruption. And while AC doesn't help deal with spell damage (but +HP or +resists would), I bet 90+% of the damage *I* take playing a 60 chanter is melee damage.

Your results may differ depending on level, gear, whether you rock rune 5 and bedlam 24/7, what mobs you're fighting, etc.

Buriedpast
01-10-2014, 06:51 AM
AC is not useless.

Just it does not scale at any measurable rate past what is seemingly well under the soft cap.

Buriedpast
01-10-2014, 06:52 AM
AC is worthless and even on live it was worthless on a caster.

Don't get hit. And if you do, have a Rune up.

On live as a caster AC was the single most overpowered stat, even with the soft cap being comparatively low at 120, it was godlike. Absolutely overpowered infact by luclin with all the AC you could stack on an int caster.