PDA

View Full Version : Berserker frenzy

Wulvgeng
01-09-2014, 03:16 PM
Question on Berserker Frenzy; It "activates" at 40% and less health and comes out at 45% right...but the stats never change in the inventory screen. Is this game mechanic broken or is it working but the UI doesnt reflect the stat changes correctly?

Varren
01-09-2014, 06:57 PM
What are those stat changes anyway? What exactly does berserker frenzy do?

kaev
01-09-2014, 07:14 PM
'Zerk makes critical hits into crippling blows (much higher damage, 9x instead of 3x or something like that.) The stat changes boosted damage a bit more (+str) and increased incoming damage a little also (-agi, can be painful if it drops your agi below 75.) I can't recall if the stat changes were classic. IIRC, 'zerk also made you immune to low health runspeed slowdown on live.

Kender
01-11-2014, 04:18 AM
'Zerk makes critical hits into crippling blows (much higher damage, 9x instead of 3x or something like that.) The stat changes boosted damage a bit more (+str) and increased incoming damage a little also (-agi, can be painful if it drops your agi below 75.) I can't recall if the stat changes were classic. IIRC, 'zerk also made you immune to low health runspeed slowdown on live.

crits do double damage. cripps do a double crit (i.e. 4x damage)

Claytonhowell
02-05-2014, 08:39 PM
I do not remember there ever being stat changes or any change to your max damage on normal hits. You got crips rather than crits.

Also it never lowered your AGI. You could run at full speed during classic / Kunark/ Velious with single digit hit points all the way to zone ( I did it quite a few times in fact once after a near total wipe on Trakk I made it to the zone out as a warrior with 12 hp and went back in to take ss's of all the other warriors corpses when they got summoned. and several attemps to 1 group talendor during velious, bad attempts where running to the zl all dotted up and you never moved slower with low hp.)

Low hp never lowered a warriors AC (agi penalty.) That is really a counterproductive "ability" for a tank. It also never increased your STR or people would have dueled/fell down into frenzy so they could lug more junk to the vendors.

Another thing I notice is that when encumbered your run speed goes down even if your AGI is over 75 or even over 100 which I am positive is incorrect. What I remember is encumberance lowers your agi, once your agi is under 100 you move a little slower, once it is under 75 you start moving at a snails pace.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-05-2014, 11:12 PM

Listen to this guy - I think I kept him in a state of frenzy longer than any other warrior.

Kender
02-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Listen to this guy - I think I kept him in a state of frenzy longer than any other warrior.

he's wrong though... massivley wrong on the damage. 9x? yeah right. it's 4x

webrunner5
02-14-2014, 04:50 PM
crits do double damage. cripps do a double crit (i.e. 4x damage)

What he said. :p

ShivanAngel
03-14-2014, 12:13 AM
It is way more than 4x damage for a crippling blow, and more than 2x for a crit...

My 14 warrior normally hits for 28, can crit for up to 72, and has seen cripple for 150+

Unless it doesnt take the damage cap into effect for pre level 20 with 2 handers then it is way more than 2/4x damage

Vadd
03-14-2014, 12:21 AM
Warriors unchanging run speed due to low hp seems correct. Honestly don't remember having to "crawl" if I chose to flee at 2%.