PDA

View Full Version : New to AE kiting

Skittlez
01-08-2014, 08:34 PM
So as the title says, I am new to AoE kiting with Wizard. My girlfriend just hit 35 on her wiz and we need some tips. What places should we hunt in this manner at 35? I have been told that it can be pretty rough until 51-54 I think is what he said. We like to level in dungeons as we'll if anyone has a suggestion for soloing

Estu
01-08-2014, 11:12 PM
Your girlfriend is a wizard - are you duoing with her (you keep saying 'we' but then ask about soloing later, so I'm confused)? What class are you?

Skittlez
01-08-2014, 11:27 PM
It's really mine, but, we call it hers so everyone's happy. We don't have an exemption yet so it's just solo dolo for now

Estu
01-09-2014, 12:49 AM
So you mean quad kiting, then? What you can do is head to Firiona Vie. Exit the city and take a right, following the cliff. You'll find a safe area near a lot of roaming pirates and drolvargs. Pull four monsters (helps to have jboots/sow potions and staff of temperate flux), use Bonds of Force, then use your most efficient targetted AE spell to kill them. Med up and repeat.

williestargell
01-09-2014, 12:18 PM
you will really need jboots or sow pots, but the idea is to pull the 4 mobs til they are close together than drop your snare on the bunch. Run out and nuke from max range and repeat.

At level 35 the available targets aren't great, I'd wait a couple levels for a bigger mana pool or you might find yourself one nuke short of finishing off your quad, your snare wearing off and you running for your life.

Hill giants in rathe mountains are awesome if you can find a time its not over camped. Spirocs in TD are great too.

Man0warr
01-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Like Estu said, the pirates right of FV are really good when you first can start quadding - they have low hp.

Just make sure you get at least 2 of each kind of mob (4 Pirates, 4 Drolvargs, 2 Pirates/2 Drolvarg) when quadding so that when they get low they don't stop chasing you - takes more mana to finish them off that way.

Raavak
01-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Use column/pillar spell lines. The other ones aren't as mana-efficient. These hit a maximum of 4 mobs (hence quadding).

http://goo.gl/fVvEIb?gdriveurl

Haystacks
01-09-2014, 07:00 PM
That's a really neat chart Raavak, haven's seen that before. Any chance you have one that shows all wizard nukes?