PDA

View Full Version : How do you get Hotbars 2, 3, and 4?

Portasaurus
01-08-2014, 12:27 PM
Hotbars 2, 3, and 4 simply do not appear anywhere on the screen when I try to active them from the EQ menu. Were these recently removed? Intentionally?

Also, depending on which computer I am using to play the game, my singularly-accessible "hotbar 1" is either vertical or horizontal.

I've seen some other ramblings about this but no concrete explanation or resolution. Hoping someone out there knows how to get the additional hotbars back?

I am just so confused.

drktmplr12
01-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Perhaps the UI you use does not support them. I would try another and see if that fixes the problem

Bardalicious
01-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Check tech support section?

There is a download to fix default and/or default_old somewhere around here. It's a pretty stock eq titanium problem afaik, I've never been able to open the other hotkey bars without the fix.

Bill Tetley
01-08-2014, 12:54 PM
maybe try setting keys to open them in the keyboard bindings options

Fuddwin
01-08-2014, 12:56 PM
EQ button... Then hover mouse over the selections.. Hotkey option is there somewhere... Did it the other day.. This is with Duxa UI fyi...

Handull
01-08-2014, 01:08 PM
You can search to get more info on this, but basically the UI you are using does not have hotbars 2/3/4 built in.

disclaimer: before doing any of this, save a copy of any file you plan on editing somewhere else, as a backup

Cheap fix: if you just want to bind Sense Heading to 'W' or something, without wasting a spot on your one hotbar, change UI's, open hotbar 2 or 3 or 4, put sense heading somewhere in there, and bind 'W' secondary to that hotbar slot. then change UI's back. you can't see the other hotbars, but the skills are still bound to that spot.

Medium Fix: if you want a 2/3/4 hotbar and you like the UI you have, open your UI file (EQ folder, then dig around for the UI folder, etc, its pretty intuitive imo). In this UI file you'll see a bunch of XML code (really easy language to read and pickup on the fly, I'd never seen it and never really worked with HTML before, but I was able to do this). You'll notice that there are fields in the file that define various button states (pushed, howevered over, etc) and then there are fields for each hotbar. hotbar 1 data will be filled in, but hotbars 2/3/4 will be blank. if you fill in the data for 2/3/4 or paste the data from hotbar1 but change the '1' to '2' where appropriate, you can set data and bam, you have hotbars 2/3/4 of the same style that your hotbar1 had

Harder Fix: Say your hotbar1 is 1x10 vertical, but you want hotbar2 to be 10x1 horizontal and hotbar3 to be 2x5 vertical. You can do this! you either have to read the code and figure out which numbers to change in the way the hotbar is drawn, or open another UI that has the style hotbars you want. My default UI only had one 2x5 hotbar, but another had a 1x10, so I copied the 1x10 code into the UI file that I liked, and bam, hotbar 2/3/4 all the way I want it with the UI I want. all of your hotbars will look the same, because the look comes from the big bulky first part of the file. only the location and layout is being copied over.

note: don't change the code about how a button is pressed, hovered over, etc. you only have to change the relatively small end section that tells EQ where each hotbar is located and with what coordinates to draw them.

fastboy21
01-08-2014, 01:14 PM
as others have said, the default ui doesn't have them. (you can still find the button to turn them on in the EQ button, but it won't do anything in your ui.)

you need to download a ui that has them or not use them. i believe i am currently using vert.

Portasaurus
01-08-2014, 01:17 PM
You can search to get more info on this, but basically the UI you are using does not have hotbars 2/3/4 built in.

disclaimer: before doing any of this, save a copy of any file you plan on editing somewhere else, as a backup

Cheap fix: if you just want to bind Sense Heading to 'W' or something, without wasting a spot on your one hotbar, change UI's, open hotbar 2 or 3 or 4, put sense heading somewhere in there, and bind 'W' secondary to that hotbar slot. then change UI's back. you can't see the other hotbars, but the skills are still bound to that spot.

Medium Fix: if you want a 2/3/4 hotbar and you like the UI you have, open your UI file (EQ folder, then dig around for the UI folder, etc, its pretty intuitive imo). In this UI file you'll see a bunch of XML code (really easy language to read and pickup on the fly, I'd never seen it and never really worked with HTML before, but I was able to do this). You'll notice that there are fields in the file that define various button states (pushed, howevered over, etc) and then there are fields for each hotbar. hotbar 1 data will be filled in, but hotbars 2/3/4 will be blank. if you fill in the data for 2/3/4 or paste the data from hotbar1 but change the '1' to '2' where appropriate, you can set data and bam, you have hotbars 2/3/4 of the same style that your hotbar1 had

Harder Fix: Say your hotbar1 is 1x10 vertical, but you want hotbar2 to be 10x1 horizontal and hotbar3 to be 2x5 vertical. You can do this! you either have to read the code and figure out which numbers to change in the way the hotbar is drawn, or open another UI that has the style hotbars you want. My default UI only had one 2x5 hotbar, but another had a 1x10, so I copied the 1x10 code into the UI file that I liked, and bam, hotbar 2/3/4 all the way I want it with the UI I want. all of your hotbars will look the same, because the look comes from the big bulky first part of the file. only the location and layout is being copied over.

note: don't change the code about how a button is pressed, hovered over, etc. you only have to change the relatively small end section that tells EQ where each hotbar is located and with what coordinates to draw them.

That medium fix is like the goldilocks of hotbar fixes. Not too cheap. Not too hard. It's juuuust right. Thank you very very much!

Clark
01-08-2014, 04:57 PM
EQ button... Then hover mouse over the selections.. Hotkey option is there somewhere... Did it the other day.. This is with Duxa UI fyi...

Swish
01-18-2014, 11:31 AM
bump - people seem to be having trouble with their hotbars.

Roufas
01-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Redownload UI files from here

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11949

Handull
01-18-2014, 11:40 AM
aye, new patch updated the default UI which will probably bother anyone who used it. can load a backup or recreate it with what i posted about. nice bump

gwideon
01-18-2014, 05:28 PM
I am pointing people to this thread as it worked for me