PDA

View Full Version : Velious

Morgander
01-08-2014, 06:09 AM
I'm sure the title pulled you in. I'm sure many of you have heard it all before. Regardless, I'm going to lay it all out in plain sight: This server needs Velious.

I'm convinced that Velious will fix the vast majority of woes that we're seeing here. Velious raid content is much harder, if not impossible to sock. Velious raid content takes longer to kill, contains new mob abilities the players must deal with, and greatly increases the overall hit points of raid targets up from ~32K, to well over the 300K mark.

It's a game changer, and one that will truly set apart the more casual raiding guilds with the less casual raiding guilds.

It will give everyone a level playing ground. There's oodles more raid content (and content in general, with the following targets to consider:

The Ring War
Zlandicar (Dragon Necropolis)
Derakor the Vindicator (Kael)
King Tormax (Kael)
The Avatar of War (Kael)
The Idol of Rallos Zek (Kael)
The Statue of Rallos Zek (Kael)
Dain Frostreaver IV (Icewell Keep)
Veketor the Sorcerer (Velketor's Labrinth)
Prince Thirneg (Plane of Growth)
Tunare (Plane of Growth)
Plane of Growth trash
Plane of Hate 2nd floor trash
Plane of Mischief
Charayan the Crusader (Skyshrine)
Grendish the Crusader (Skyshrine)
Lord Yelinak (Skyshrine)
Susarrak the Crusader (Skyshrine)
Klandicar (Western Wastes)
Sontalak (Western Wastes)
Bravatar
Bufa
Ayillish
Atpaev
Cargalia
Crial
Derasinal
Draazak
Entariz
Gangel (and the above plus many more, all in Western Wastes)
Aaryonar (Temple of Veeshan)
Cekenar (ToV)
Dagarn the Destroyer (ToV)
Eashen of the Sky (ToV)
Jorlleag (ToV)
Lady Mirenilla (ToV)
Lady Nevederia (ToV)
Lord Feshlak (ToV)
Lord Koi'Doken (ToV)
Lord Kreizenn (ToV)
Lord Vyemm (ToV)
Sevalak (ToV)
Telkorenar (ToV)
Vulak'Aerr (ToV)
Zlexak (ToV)
All of the halls of testing in ToV too, and more.
Kildrukaun the Ancient (Sleeper's Tomb)
Master of the Guard (ST)
Tjudawos the Ancient (ST)
Vyskudra the Ancient (ST)
Zeixshi'Kar the Ancient (ST)
The Progenitor (ST)
The Final Arbiter (ST)
Master of the Guard (ST)
AND THERE'S MORE!

Temple of Veeshan alone has I believe, more raid targets than all of classic and Kunark combined!

The mobs are harder, they're harder to get to, and they're SO abundant!

So what can the community do then, to help get Velious complete? Are programmers needed? Can programmers in the community offer to step forward and donate their time? Do we need more details regarding the classic EQ database entries? Can we get people to step forward and fish around the Internet for that information?

What are the reasons that Velious is taking the time that it's taking to release?

What is needed to spur that onward?

How can we help?

Who can help?

Let's do whatever it takes to get this done, to get the classic EQ experience truly available, and to solidify this server's future for the following years.

Thank you.

Whoop
01-08-2014, 06:16 AM
What ever can be done to take the load of the staffs shoulders.

Spacebar
01-08-2014, 06:21 AM
What ever can be done to take the load of the staffs shoulders.

I'd like to initiate a proposal to form a sub-committee to draft a recommendation that outlines a plan to do just this.

Swish
01-08-2014, 06:30 AM
Pras to the wiki updaters (http://wiki.project1999.com/index.php?title=Special:ActiveUsers&offset=&limit=500), a lot of unsung heroes on that list (and many more that haven't updated the wiki in the past 30 days).

The wiki is as good as the people who contribute to it. If you've been foaming at the mouth for the last 20 years waiting for P99's Velious release and KNOW everything (not just some vague memory of how something worked) then get contributing and make it as good as possible for the community. Accuracy is of course paramount :)

DrathMaximus
01-08-2014, 07:15 AM
"I'm convinced that Velious will fix the vast majority of woes that we're seeing here." The issue is the people at the keyboard not the game.

Rooj
01-08-2014, 07:51 AM
The game IS to blame as well. If simulated repops had been in since the start and if the server had followed the classic timeline more accurately there would have been a lot less problems, for sure. Still would've been issues and plenty of drama, but these 2 things would've helped drastically.

Sirken
01-08-2014, 08:00 AM
you guys do understand that velious isnt ready yet right? and that theres a reason no other server has had a legit classic velious right?

when its ready, you'll get velious, and not a moment sooner.