PDA

View Full Version : Trial a plan?

Spacebar
01-08-2014, 03:55 AM
Why not just give a plan a 3-month trial?

Assume the whole time that the plan will end in 3 months and a different one is tried. It seems like most of them have a lot of speculation about what will happen and a lot of variables could go one way or another based on how things pan out.

Different plans are going to add different incentives to guilds. They will impact all kinds of things like recruitment, guild sizes, forming of new guilds, etc. How will the fact that casuals will be competing against each other and hardcores against each other after a plan is implemented affect talks in 3 months?

The obvious issue is what plan to start with. If Rogean's plan is chosen for a massive 3 months, hardcores will cry like babies the whole time. If another plan is chosen, casuals will be equally dissatisfied. But at least there is a time frame so that those who are put in a position they dislike know that after 3 months their concerns will be seriously considered. It won't be based on speculation; there will be concrete evidence to back up their issues with the plan. Also, no matter what plan is chosen, there will most definitely be unexpected consequences. If too much time is invested, people will be less likely to come back to the drawing board.

If "variance" was given a 3-month trial, would it have lasted? Would it have been altered in any way to account for its limitations and unexpected consequences?

PS: and if Velious (beta/full) comes out in that time frame, isn't a big part of the entire issue moot anyways?

Oleris
01-08-2014, 04:10 AM
Why not just give a plan a 3-month trial?

Assume the whole time that the plan will end in 3 months and a different one is tried. It seems like most of them have a lot of speculation about what will happen and a lot of variables could go one way or another based on how things pan out.

Different plans are going to add different incentives to guilds. They will impact all kinds of things like recruitment, guild sizes, forming of new guilds, etc. How will the fact that casuals will be competing against each other and hardcores against each other after a plan is implemented affect talks in 3 months?

The obvious issue is what plan to start with. If Rogean's plan is chosen for a massive 3 months, hardcores will cry like babies the whole time. If another plan is chosen, casuals will be equally dissatisfied. But at least there is a time frame so that those who are put in a position they dislike know that after 3 months their concerns will be seriously considered. It won't be based on speculation; there will be concrete evidence to back up their issues with the plan. Also, no matter what plan is chosen, there will most definitely be unexpected consequences. If too much time is invested, people will be less likely to come back to the drawing board.

If "variance" was given a 3-month trial, would it have lasted? Would it have been altered in any way to account for its limitations and unexpected consequences?

PS: and if Velious (beta/full) comes out in that time frame, isn't a big part of the entire issue moot anyways?

I want to see rules regarding factions. I don't want half of the guild doing dragons and their alts doing giants.

Pint
01-08-2014, 04:30 AM
I want to see rules regarding factions. I don't want half of the guild doing dragons and their alts doing giants.

gtfo

Spacebar
01-08-2014, 04:47 AM

I can't really comment on this one way or another. It is obvious how those who bought massive alt armies would feel and how those who came in after the account selling boat left the docks would feel. Either way, I think it might be a topic left for a different thread. If anything, simply to keep those who bought their way to the top from crying too much about it here.

To maintain some focus. The basic crux of this thread is to propose a plan being given a 3-month trial with the assumption that talks will resume after something is tried. This way all parties concerned can at least get an idea of how one would actually play out.