PDA

View Full Version : I want to thank each and every one of you..

Jauna
01-08-2014, 12:21 AM
..for making me appreciate what I have today. I used to think that sitting in a corner for hours made me a better person because I gave myself the illusion of accomplishment. But it didnt. Sitting in that corner for hours either healing, or singing songs or auto attacking something made me wonder why? No MMO does this anymore for a reason.

I used to think manually trading with people would bring out the good person in me.. but I always ended up dealing with resellers and people feigning noobness for a better deal.

I used to think all the clicking in tradeskills would someday turn a profit... but thats only for blacksmithing and maybe jewelcrafting if you are a chanter.

I used to think gaining that 40 health or mana per level made me uber.. but then I noticed its pretty much bash/kick damage from something in karnors.

I used to think free raiding and open ended targets made people unite together and bring out-nope. I missed this whole TMO thing because I quit playing a bit before it happened but.. ill never complain about instanced targets again.

I used to think traveling across vast distances for a group.. or in attempts to find a group would make me hardier.. but it just made me love instant traveling and mounts all the more.

I used to think being a druid would be great! Until my 500th or so port when a level 60 tips me 10p to pick him up in toxx and run him to EJ.. or some low level wants me to get him from qeynos and bring him to gfay and gave me shit like "aw but im eqmac" and then my heals in the 40s started to suck. PoK stones sounded like a blessing just to be left alone..

I used to think that I missed the good ole days altogether.. but I keep re-learning a lesson that nostalgia is just a failure of memory. But time and time again I come back here knowing I need to be re-taught the lesson of appreciation for newer games. Every time I get a tad bit bored of my warrior and paladin in WoW I come back here for a few weeks and need to re-learn the pain of auto attacking and hoping for procs on my warrior.. or knowing my defensives suck compaired to a warrior as a paladin. Or going from EQLive riposte swarming entire zones down in 12 seconds or less with my Monk.. to barely being able to solo one single mob here with my monk with a fungi and still having downtime.

Thank you... for now anyways.

Bardalicious
01-08-2014, 12:23 AM
99.5% of online gamers have moved on for a reason

dat nostalgia a helluva drug

Reguiy
01-08-2014, 12:27 AM
Welcome to p99. We're all masochists here. Grab a razor and start cutting.

Autotune
01-08-2014, 12:36 AM
I've never knew how bad this game is for people who suck at it.

Jauna
01-08-2014, 12:38 AM
I've never knew how bad this game is for people who suck at it.

This is the illusion of accomplishment I was talking about before.

sanforce
01-08-2014, 12:42 AM
All that I have accomplished on this server is hours of fun. Can I not spend my entertainment hours how I see fit? Your rant should be moved to RNF.

Jauna
01-08-2014, 12:46 AM
All that I have accomplished on this server is hours of fun. Can I not spend my entertainment hours how I see fit? Your rant should be moved to RNF.

Fun is indeed subjective. And two who or what tried to command you to do something else for you to say "how I see fit"? Stop trying to turn this into a rant and/or flames because you deem it so.

Autotune
01-08-2014, 12:51 AM
This is the illusion of accomplishment I was talking about before.

I don't play EQ to feel accomplished, I play it to time travel.

Jauna
01-08-2014, 12:53 AM
I mean this in a playful manner, but too bad its a one way trip.

Autotune
01-08-2014, 12:55 AM
I mean this in a playful manner, but too bad its a one way trip.

Can't go back, we are all time travelers headed to a doomed future.

Jauna
01-08-2014, 12:59 AM
Can't go back, we are all time travelers headed to a doomed future.

Just think, someone out there froze themselves hoping to one day wake up to virtual reality MMOs.

Ravager
01-08-2014, 01:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHHKU4znvo8

Tann
01-08-2014, 01:08 AM
I used to think...

http://i42.tinypic.com/2i7vm6f.jpg

fastboy21
01-08-2014, 01:12 AM
Can I have your stuff?

Rararboker
01-08-2014, 01:16 AM
Pity reply? (i believe that is the proper response in these here parts!)

Jauna
01-08-2014, 01:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHHKU4znvo8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8tgK1v-GdI

Jauna
01-08-2014, 01:21 AM
Pity reply? (i believe that is the proper response in these here parts!)

No a pity reply is when there are no replies, and there have been plenty thus far. I think you just had no idea how to enter a conversation and just had to do it like most people do, rudely and crudely... holy shit why am I so aggressive tonight?

I think its because of the triforce hunt in Wind Waker. I mean really who at fucking Nintendo thought finding all these pieces with very little dungeon action and all the god damn sailing was a GOOD MOTHERFUCKING IDEA! I mean seriously it takes like 15 minutes to travel from one side to another and here I am with plenty of time to type this thread out AND this reply while encountering NOTHING on the seas..

Ravager
01-08-2014, 01:33 AM
No a pity reply is when there are no replies, and there have been plenty thus far. I think you just had no idea how to enter a conversation and just had to do it like most people do, rudely and crudely... holy shit why am I so aggressive tonight?

I think its because of the triforce hunt in Wind Waker. I mean really who at fucking Nintendo thought finding all these pieces with very little dungeon action and all the god damn sailing was a GOOD MOTHERFUCKING IDEA! I mean seriously it takes like 15 minutes to travel from one side to another and here I am with plenty of time to type this thread out AND this reply while encountering NOTHING on the seas..

Yeah, it's brutal. I hope you have a Tingle Tuner.

Jauna
01-08-2014, 01:33 AM
I am sorry everyone, this thread started out as a warning of the cycle that some people suffer from and ended up with me getting mad at a 12 year old game. Im going to bed before I start going off about final fantasy 7.

NextGenesis88
01-08-2014, 01:39 AM
tl;dr "This game isn't for me, the people are shit, not easy enough and not enough Cat's on the moon."

Tann
01-08-2014, 02:07 AM
I am sorry everyone, this thread started out as a warning of the cycle that some people suffer from and ended up with me getting mad at a 12 year old game. Im going to bed before I start going off about final fantasy 7.

Have another bottle of wine, draw a vanilla scented bath and have a nice romantic evening of self.

Norrath will be here when you wake up, or in the event you have a wine fueled auto-erotic asphyxiation/drowning incident in the tub maybe your next life.

Seredoc
01-08-2014, 07:28 AM
I don't play EQ to feel accomplished, I play it to time travel.

I thought that's what DMT was for? xD

Autotune
01-08-2014, 07:53 AM
I thought that's what DMT was for? xD

It's the only way to play EQ imo.