PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom's effect on crafting skill increases?

Gylen
01-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Anyone know if there's any proof, or any formula for if/how wisdom effect on crafting skill increases?

I wasn't sure where to post this, hope it's the right place!

Rhambuk
01-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Anyone know if there's any proof, or any formula for if/how wisdom effect on crafting skill increases?

I wasn't sure where to post this, hope it's the right place!

I believe it is based off wis/int whichever is higher.

I don't think they put in stat based tradeskillups until later,

str blacksmithing
int research
etc
etc

capco
01-07-2014, 09:14 PM
I believe it is based off wis/int whichever is higher.

I don't think they put in stat based tradeskillups until later,

str blacksmithing
int research
etc
etc

do you know if this also holds true for poison making/fletching? supposedly it is meant to use dexterity for these skill ups.

Arteker
01-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Stats and Tradeskills

Stats, and how they impact tradeskills, have been the subject of much debate, pet theories and urban legend. Over the years we've received several conflicting/changing reports on the effect of stats when tradeskilling. Here is the most recent information we have.

The basics
INT & WIS whichever of the two is higher will affect skill increases when practicing any tradeskill. The higher either your INT or WIS is, the greater the chance you have for a skill gain while tradeskilling.

CHA higher charisma, along with faction, will affect your buying and selling prices with merchants.

Exceptions to the above
Smithing skill increases for smithing are determined by INT, WIS or STR, whichever is higher.

Fletching skill increases for fletching are determined by INT, WIS or DEX, whichever is higher.

Poison Making skill increases for Poison Making are determined by INT, WIS or DEX, whichever is higher.

While tailoring has been mentioned several times as needing DEX, at last check it was still not implemented.

A specific quote from Tanker, SOE Dev
Quote Originally Posted by Tanker
Here's the list guys:
Quote Originally Posted by Tanker
Smithing - STR
Fletching - DEX
PoisonMaking - DEX
END OF LIST <<-- note, there are NO more tradeskills that have alternate attributes.

Stats have no impact on your chance of success or failure on the combine when practicing tradeskills. (Only your current skill is supposed to impact your chances of success or failure when creating an item.) What the stat will affect is your chance to get a skill up on a failure. The paraphrased quote is "You have up to 100% greater chance of a skill up on a successful combine than you have on a failed combine. Your stat will 'mitigate' the difference between a failed combine skill up and a successful combine skill up." What this means to us is that it increases your chance of a skill up on a failed combine (not a successful combine) Since we fail fairly often on combines, it will increase the overall chance of skill ups over many combines. You can see a calulator at http://www.eqtraders.com/calculators/main.php

Yes, this is subject to change/debate, but until otherwise corrected by SOE itself, this is the latest official word we have on the subject. (as of April 14th 2004)

Best could find for you, i dont know beyond items with mod like smith hammer from seru blabla and the luclin TS revamp this is valid.

Rhambuk
01-07-2014, 09:17 PM
again I believe that was added later but I can't guarantee that's how it works here.

I know I did poison making on my rogue with dex potions from my shaman and it still took Fing ages.

Rhambuk
01-07-2014, 09:17 PM
See above, hes got it correct.

Arteker
01-07-2014, 09:19 PM
See above, hes got it correct.

Agreee with you Rham but eq has been subject to so much many TS ,, than the question is wich one would be in this server.

capco
01-07-2014, 09:20 PM
thx for the info either way

August
01-07-2014, 09:39 PM
INT or WIS - whichever is higher, affects tradeskills.

STR for smithing
DEX for fletching

This has been true on every 'classic' server I've played. Not sure about poison making. Keep in mind that STR/DEX are just additives - if int/wis is higher, it uses that.

Want to try it out? I have a spreadsheet. It's for JC. The formulas aren't that complex, but they do have some complexity.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApEnERpgXbENdFRJaVN5TTRJZUVjQ3JZRDlDMC1UM Wc&usp=sharing

Go here. Hard tradeskills have difficulty of 4. Others have 2 or 1, I suggest you look it up.

Put in your main stat (INT/WIS or STR/DEX for the others) and then your skill level. While the pricing information is not valid, all the trivials are still true, as is the chance to skill up and successfully make an item, assuming you have the right difficulty in there.

maximum
01-07-2014, 09:59 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Statistics
^ describes each classic stat and its effects.

Wisdom (WIS)

Affects: Caster mana amount (mana pool) for Clerics, Paladins, Druids, Shamans and Rangers.

Max (cap): 255?

Brad McQuaid: "WIS: affects the amount of mana the priest classes have, also rangers; also affects how quickly you can learn many skills if your wisdom is higher than INT. "[5]

"The same effect as intelligence for the deity-based magic users: Cleric, Shaman Druid, Paladin and Ranger. The higher your wisdom, the more mana you get for each level. Very important for the deity-based magic users, but much less important for everyone else. The higher value of intelligence or wisdom is used to determine how quickly you will learn most of your skills, which makes having one or the other high useful for all classes."

Feel free to fix if you find the data are incorrect for Kunark Era.