PDA

View Full Version : leveling an enchanter question

applesauce25r624
01-07-2014, 02:00 PM
good morning, everybody!

My characters include a 55 bard, 50 necro, and a 20 monk. I decided to finally make an enchanter

I have the help of my brother, who is a 60 bard. When he is busy I'm going to be forming some pickup groups in dungeons (love Cazic-Thule the most)

Can anybody please give some advice as to how a bard can help a low level enchanter level up? Thank you for any help! :)

myxomatosii
01-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Various ways.

1: Play AoE non damage song, taunts everything. Enc kills it.

2: Beats stuff down, charms it, breaks charm. Enc kills it.

3: Snares + Fears for enc. Enc kills it.

4: Heals + mana song between fights. Enc kills it.

5: {Dangerous} Bard pulls mobs, enc hits them all for 1, bard plays AoE dmg then AoE fear. Zones. Enc gets exp as mobs die. If anything lives, enc dies.

6: Eventually, low hp stuff if it still works?

Other creative ways exist I'm sure but I'm done thinking.

-Catherin-
01-07-2014, 02:06 PM
bard pulls a train and keeps AE snare running on the train. bard also uses damage shields songs on himself to damage the mobs to death. The snare keeps agro on the mobs and most should not break and run in packs. and even if they do they are bard snared so wont really move

the chanter just needs to do at least one point of damage to each mob to get exp. as damage shield damage is not credited to the bard.

Tecmos Deception
01-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Bard damage shields are no joke!

myxomatosii
01-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Bard damage shields are no joke!

Completely forgot about DSs. Are they singing or.. what amplifies them and how big can they get?

-Catherin-
01-07-2014, 02:15 PM
they have a few different lines. they can get a mage damage shield clickie from either singing steel bracer or blazing vambraces from ragefire.

mcvaxuis rousing rondo line of group haste spells has a damage shield component to them. (these are brass songs)

psalm of warmth and cooling are the group fire resist and cold resist songs, they each also have a damage shield component to them. these are singing only (epic will amplify them)

These all stack together. a alchemy DS potion will also stack. adds up to some really huge numbers. I'll test what I can manage on my bard without the potion

-Catherin-
01-07-2014, 02:23 PM
numbers from my bard:

using the clicky effect shield of flame, plus psalm of cooling with epic, and McVaxius' Rousing Rondo with the Denon's Horn of Disaster.

Total Damage shield of 51pts.

a 60 bard who also had the alchemy damage shield pot would raise this damage shield to 82pts

a 60 bard with the alchemy damage shield pot and the best mage damage shield instead of the clicky would raise this damage shield to 106pts.

The epic helps a lot with the pslam damage shield. but you can still put out very decent numbers without the epic and a McVaxius' Horn of War. (about 40dmg instead of 51)

Ive been told there are no stacking issues with any of then. I know for a fact that the songs and the mage damage shield all stack, I just havnt tried to stack the potion on top of those

Exmo
01-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Make friends with someone who wants to start a Mage/Wizard/Cleric Who all get Low Level PBAOEs and Have the bard round up befallen. Should be like 2-3 Levels per pull.

Hell, I'll Start a wizard if you want to do it.