PDA

View Full Version : Forced Spawning in HS South is a myth

Tecmos Deception
01-07-2014, 12:03 PM
If you don't want to read about my love of HS south, how OP enchanters are, or how much money I regularly make farming south, don't read any further.

For the rest of you:

I believed in forced spawning "good" nameds in south for the last 11+ months, because in all the time I spent in south (I went through logs once and posted how much time I spent in south... iirc I've killed nearly 40 embalming fluids and probably approximately as many of the other nameds down there) I had never, ever seen a second named spawn when that one was already up somewhere else in the wing. Until today!

Last night after VS I went into south and ALL FIVE nameds were spawned. I killed the fluid and hatted out cause I was basically fighting the whole room it spawned in. This morning I went back, 4 nameds still up and a trash repop where the fluid was. I killed 6 PHs seeing a fluid, another trash mob, then 3 more fluids (I had a veil rot :(). But then a second Crypt Spectre spawned when one was already up by the pit in the middle of the wing.

There ya go. Kill every named you reasonably can kill in south, because you are apparently not actually forcing the "better" nameds to spawn by leaving the "worse" nameds up.

Note that the fact that I did see a few fluids in a very short time this morning doesn't necessarily mean there is some truth to forced spawning (though it isn't entirely ruled out either), because I've seen three fluids back to back to back before when there wasn't a single other named up in the wing.

Rhambuk
01-07-2014, 12:07 PM
There ya go. Kill every named you reasonably can kill in south, because you are apparently not actually forcing the "better" nameds to spawn by leaving the "worse" nameds up.

This still makes me chuckle, its right up there with anti camp radius and other debunked myths )

Tecmos Deception
01-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Just got the Crypt Spectre up double for a second time.

Mezzmur
01-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Train inc.

Argh
01-07-2014, 12:43 PM
I had a similar experience in south, however, I've only ever seen Crypt Spectre as the double named as well

Vandy
01-07-2014, 12:51 PM
I have seen 2 Crypt Spectre's up as well. Have not seen any other doubles in south.

CodyF86
01-07-2014, 12:52 PM
You must have just logged out Tecmos, was gonna come play. =D

Now I'm a sad panda. :(

Man I can't remember which names i've had up at the same time, but now I'm
curious lol.

Aaradin
The A-Team

oldschooltrader
01-07-2014, 12:58 PM
so the trick is to leave two crypt spectres up along with the other trash named

then watch the fluid spawn constantly? bc surely there cant b 3 Crypt Spectres that can b up at once

Sckrilla
01-07-2014, 01:07 PM
I have seen 2 Crypt Spectre's up as well. Have not seen any other doubles in south.

arsenalpow
01-07-2014, 01:24 PM
Not like people are going to let you sit around with a fluid and try to spawn another one to test this theory...

chief
01-07-2014, 03:17 PM
I would because I'm a good guy and respect camp rules. You on the other hand . .

Byrjun
01-07-2014, 03:31 PM
maybe it spawns a crypt spectre whenever it tries to spawn another "bad named" that's already up.

would explain why forced spawning doesn't work and why anyone's only ever seen multiple crypt spectres.

Frieza_Prexus
01-07-2014, 03:33 PM
This still makes me chuckle, its right up there with anti camp radius and other debunked myths )

The anti-camp radius did actually exist, but it was only used once.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/12-years-i-feel-so-old.4319/page-7

Detoxx
01-07-2014, 03:34 PM
I've seen multiple Spiriualists a couple times

Rhambuk
01-07-2014, 03:37 PM
The anti-camp radius did actually exist, but it was only used once.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/12-years-i-feel-so-old.4319/page-7

ha epic, I remember people coming into CT and sitting on the throne where one of the named spawn and groups would flip out screaming about ACR and claiming petitions, a few minutes later it would pop on top of the person.

Cool to know it actually did exist at one point in some form! one of my favorite "myths" apparently true!

now..wheres the kraken in lake rathe?

Clark
01-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Not like people are going to let you sit around with a fluid and try to spawn another one to test this theory...

http://s21.postimg.org/6jrmms0lz/69238f18a7e68207262eeb49528495f4.jpg

Pint
01-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Now people are going to spend hours trying to double spawn crypt spectres bc x2 crypt spectres forces drusella to spawn and roam the south wing if they are left up 2 full cycles while all other phs are trash spawns. You guys are so close to uncovering the secret of charasis.

Rhambuk
01-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Now people are going to spend hours trying to double spawn crypt spectres bc x2 crypt spectres forces drusella to spawn and roam the south wing if they are left up 2 full cycles while all other phs are trash spawns. You guys are so close to uncovering the secret of charasis.

If 2x spectres are up and you Hail the forced Drusella, as long as you have faction, she gives you an item that when you give to the Drolvarg Warlord in KC it will spawn VS.

August
01-07-2014, 04:54 PM
If 2x spectres are up and you Hail the forced Drusella, as long as you have faction, she gives you an item that when you give to the Drolvarg Warlord in KC it will spawn VS.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are at least some easter eggs left that nobody has discovered in this vein. I know what I code a project from scratch I can't help myself and put in surprises everywhere. I've contributed my fair share to the rick-roll viewership on youtube.

Rhambuk
01-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Supposedly, and no real evidence I've never looked into myself, but Verant claimed sometime during or post luclin that there were hundreds of quests in the game that hadn't been touched upon.

a lot of random mobs and things people don't know why or what for, the sphinx in rathe mountains? eventually for paladin epic but in classic?

how many people have read zone lores, a lot of the "useless" items you find tie into the zone's history which can be awesome!

-Catherin-
01-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Supposedly, and no real evidence I've never looked into myself, but Verant claimed sometime during or post luclin that there were hundreds of quests in the game that hadn't been touched upon.

a lot of random mobs and things people don't know why or what for, the sphinx in rathe mountains? eventually for paladin epic but in classic?

how many people have read zone lores, a lot of the "useless" items you find tie into the zone's history which can be awesome!

The sphinx in Rathe Mountains were originally intended to be part of the fiery avenger quest in vanilla EQ. the quest was actually in game, but broken. GMs/Developers did not admit to this until much later on. The entire original quest was pretty much scrapped and redone with epics

Rhambuk
01-07-2014, 05:07 PM
ahh gotcha knew it had something to do with that paladin garbage.

regardless there are still tons of broken/undiscovered quests(supposedly)

Tecmos Deception
01-07-2014, 05:10 PM
You guys are so close to uncovering the secret of charasis.

Jelly ;)

Pint
01-07-2014, 05:17 PM
i still want to know what that random dark elf spawn that roams solb is for, i think seeing that guy is awesome

Aaron
01-07-2014, 05:21 PM

http://www.tailgate365.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/national_treasure_3_news.jpg

Detoxx
01-07-2014, 05:22 PM
HS south is for nubs, step up your game and do some solo fungi kings bro, you're in the A-Team ffs!

capco
01-07-2014, 06:13 PM
regardless there are still tons of broken/undiscovered quests(supposedly)

From what I've heard, a lot of these undiscovered/broken quest were designed by Verant. Due to finances and deadlines, I'm guessing that the game was released without being 100% complete (like most game releases these days) and as such these quests were meant to be a work in progress. But when Verant stopped being a part of EQ development, they were simply never finished.

Sony and the new coders were probably just playing it safe by never removing the incomplete code for the quests, lest some random server bug occur.

One such quest that comes to mind is the (full version of) the Gnoll Slayer.

There are also a ton of items that drop in the Hole which were probably meant for quests at some point.

Rhambuk
01-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Thankfully our devs are better than sony's and may be able to fix/put some of this stuff to use post velious

Frieza_Prexus
01-07-2014, 06:51 PM
The GBS / Varsoon's Black Heart mystery was recently answered. Apparently the GBS identifying as Varsoon's Black Heart was put in as a learning exercise by a newbie dev, and the quest was never meant to be anything. Dude was just learning to use the developer's tools.

Rhambuk
01-07-2014, 06:53 PM
That's dirty, putting all those players through trying to complete an impossible quest haha

Clark
01-07-2014, 07:57 PM
http://www.tailgate365.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/national_treasure_3_news.jpg

:D

blondeattk
01-08-2014, 09:48 AM
Thankfully our devs are better than sony's and may be able to fix/put some of this stuff to use post velious

as velious isnt likely to arrive this side of the Tribulation, then i assume that you mean NEVER fixed?

Rhambuk
01-08-2014, 09:53 AM
have you been on p99 compared to other emu's? the work they have done and continue to do is Grade A in my book.

the longer it takes them, the more accurate it will be. fine by me

Vandy
01-08-2014, 12:04 PM
have you been on p99 compared to other emu's? the work they have done and continue to do is Grade A in my book.

the longer it takes them, the more accurate it will be. fine by me

If the time and effort put into this server by the Devs was to be billed, it would be well over the yearly salary of most of p99s players.

tankh
01-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Are you a Mythbuster IRL ? :)