PDA

View Full Version : Class advice? What is there too much of, etc?

Exavus
07-31-2010, 07:44 PM
I was thinking of playing a Shaman/Rogue/Necro but I have no idea if picking a certain class would ensure i'd never see groups or it would be difficult. Shaman seemed like the best choice because they aren't bad at farming for plat later on and they can be group buff/heals and very group friendly. Rogue seems like fun too because I always enjoyed not having to worry about spells.

Are there any bad moves I could take here or should I just pick whatever and roll with it? Is there enough grouping where it wouldn't matter what I played?

Thanks guys.

Exavus
07-31-2010, 07:56 PM
Oh I'm also worried about exp penalties? I heard that if I group with a hybrid class I adopt their exp penalty. that sounds awful and almost a gamebreaker for me unless i'm playing a hybrid class. Is this really true?

azeth
07-31-2010, 07:56 PM
I was thinking of playing a Shaman/Rogue/Necro but I have no idea if picking a certain class would ensure i'd never see groups or it would be difficult. Shaman seemed like the best choice because they aren't bad at farming for plat later on and they can be group buff/heals and very group friendly. Rogue seems like fun too because I always enjoyed not having to worry about spells.

Are there any bad moves I could take here or should I just pick whatever and roll with it? Is there enough grouping where it wouldn't matter what I played?

Thanks guys.

Plenty of groups, you'll find people in most any zone you choose to exp in.

Vigilance
07-31-2010, 08:24 PM
Play what you enjoy playing is the advice that people always give, and it's really the best advice.

Tseng
07-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Oh I'm also worried about exp penalties? I heard that if I group with a hybrid class I adopt their exp penalty. that sounds awful and almost a gamebreaker for me unless i'm playing a hybrid class. Is this really true?

Yes it's true and no it's not a big deal nor should you spend a second of your time worrying about it.

Vigilance
07-31-2010, 08:42 PM
Yes it's true and no it's not a big deal nor should you spend a second of your time worrying about it.

Every hybrid except the poor Ranger is well worth having in a group anyways. I absolutely love having Bards in my group and Shadowknight and Paladin tanks are just superior to Warriors for most of the leveling experience.

VincentVolaju
07-31-2010, 08:59 PM
To be honest the level difference matters more then the class exp mods. Hybrids are fine to group with, just dont group with one thats like 7 levels higher lol. And if you plan on grouping alot go either Shaman or Rogue, both class's are needed atm on the server I think. Tons and tons of Necros, but if you like to solo then go for it.

Exavus
07-31-2010, 09:13 PM
To be honest the level difference matters more then the class exp mods. Hybrids are fine to group with, just dont group with one thats like 7 levels higher lol. And if you plan on grouping alot go either Shaman or Rogue, both class's are needed atm on the server I think. Tons and tons of Necros, but if you like to solo then go for it.

I think i'll go with a rogue :D I was thinking Wood Elf, what's the best stat to invest in with the starting points? Tough though.. Humans make good rogues too but Crushbone is awesome. >_> Halflings sound fun as well but they have gear problems because they are so small. Ahh the choices. I miss EQ ^_^

VincentVolaju
07-31-2010, 09:14 PM
Barb, all points in Sta if your going for best stats. Halfing if you want the extra exp bonus. Anything else for looks

Exavus
07-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Barb, all points in Sta if your going for best stats. Halfing if you want the extra exp bonus. Anything else for looks

Thanks for the help! I went with dwarf so I could still have high strength(dmg output) and look cool. Really dislike barb's char models and size for rogue.

Jeice
07-31-2010, 11:29 PM
It's been awhile, but what is this halfling bonus you speak of?

Dersk
07-31-2010, 11:36 PM
It's been awhile, but what is this halfling bonus you speak of?

Project 1999 FAQ (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1002)