PDA

View Full Version : Low HP AEing

Daldaen
01-06-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm curious how this functions. Don't know too many people who would risk death for me to test something myself, so I figured I'd just ask here.

My recollection of this, was that the low HP player would hold aggro for about 2~ PBAEs and then you would be forced to camp out otherwise on the 3rd one you would get killed. I'm not sure if it just so happened that the times I remember trying it on live, those specific AEs got you enough aggro to pull or that it was specific to numbers of casts?

Or does it work out that you cannot pull a train off a bard with low HP regardless of how many casts you do?

Tecmos Deception
01-06-2014, 06:05 PM
It depends on how much damage is being done. You can kill stuff in OT without ever pulling aggro off the low hp dude, but once you're in DL or BW some/most things have enough HP that they will peel off the kiter and aggro the nuker before they die.

Mandalore93
01-06-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm guessing that it's roughly around 2000 damage done to the mob that they peel from my experiences with learning it the hard way.
Edit for readjustment on the guesstimate. xD

Daldaen
01-06-2014, 10:04 PM
And I seem to recall reading something about low HP kiting not working under a certain level or maybe mobs under a certain level?

Mandalore93
01-07-2014, 03:40 AM
I think the guesstimate was either 20 or 30 but I can guarantee that mobs over level 28 are capable of being low hp kited since that's the lowest range of OT mobs in the south west that I can remember.

saravana
01-08-2014, 02:00 AM
I can confirm that 20 is the minimum level for mobs to low HP aggro after some experimentation with this. Because of this, our duo found that pulling swarms of all level 20+ mobs to be awkward until we were high enough to do FV (I think we were 25 when we started there). The lower level side of OT could be done earlier than this with some caution, but we found it to be very easy to pull sub-20 mobs there which would not aggro the kiter, and it ended up being more trouble than it was worth.