PDA

View Full Version : L. O. L.

Vidar
01-06-2014, 05:09 AM
Teams99
Unfortunately due to the efforts to bring Velious development to a close, we have decided to postpone the Teams PvP Server. Alecta (He's having hardware issues right now but will be back soon) and other staff members will continue to work with the PvP community on figuring out the best ruleset and implementing the mechanics for the new server.

Ha...Ha...HA!

Swish
01-06-2014, 06:10 AM
Welcome to last year ;)

raff01
01-06-2014, 09:05 AM
I wasn't even aware there was supposed to be a teams PVP server...Why?? the regular PvP server has like 90 players at peak time, so we really want to split up the population even more?

mishurza
01-06-2014, 09:18 AM
I'm pretty sure a teams PvP model would be more popular than the current red server, not to mention this gives them the chance to release a server with a classic time line, which I know many people are interested in.

heartbrand
01-06-2014, 09:38 AM
I wasn't even aware there was supposed to be a teams PVP server...Why?? the regular PvP server has like 90 players at peak time, so we really want to split up the population even more?

There was a 130 person pvp battle yesterday in dreadlands and close to 300 on red.

Elderan
01-06-2014, 09:54 AM
There was 220 on the server at the peak.

The server was hitting 220 right before Teams99 was announced and dropped 100 people a night the day after.

Red99 has finally recovered from teams99 announcement.

Swish
01-06-2014, 10:52 AM

The server was hitting 220 right before Teams99 was announced and dropped 100 people a night the day after.

Every time red goes over 200-225, something bad happens.

Rhambuk
01-06-2014, 12:08 PM
I'm pretty sure a teams PvP model would be more popular than the current red server, not to mention this gives them the chance to release a server with a classic time line, which I know many people are interested in.

I'm pretty anti red, but I would love a teams server. The very first time I played eq Tallon zek was my first server I didn't have a clue what any of it meant I just picked the top one (least populated ha)

I'm not a fan of pvp but as long as there are legit allies that can't just bust you up for their own fun in the middle of a group or something it can be fun, faction controlled zones etc.

Sirken
01-06-2014, 05:08 PM
There was a 130 person pvp battle yesterday in dreadlands and close to 300 on red.

Rogean was there, i think Nilbog recorded it (or some of it) not sure if Deru was there. but the staff saw it, and thought it was pretty A+

WTB MOAR 130 man battles (will also accept 130 woman battles)

jaybone
01-06-2014, 05:17 PM
shut down red, give us new blue server.

Nune
01-06-2014, 05:18 PM

not bad considering it was 650+ on launch but most of you are morans and ruined it for yourself

odiecat99
01-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Morannnnnnns

Nune
01-06-2014, 05:22 PM
i always chortle when someone quotes that word, and puts ***MORON GOD SO IRONIC

odiecat99
01-06-2014, 05:26 PM
People get super madbadsadnotsoglad when people say moran.

Vidar
01-06-2014, 05:34 PM

Splitting up the population is my biggest problem with another pvp server. Shut down the old one if you are going to open a new one. Red is a dead server regardless of what the people who play on it say. I have a 33 druid and have seen less than 10 people up to that point. Not to mention there is server wide chat so you have to listen to morons talking trash or just talking...PLUS groups are rare, buying gear is rare etc etc. The new teams server MIGHT be better than red but that isn't saying much. Most people's problem with Red isn't a problem with the server its a problem with pvp. Some people cant handle pvp. Look at Wow. Most of Wow's pvp is in battlegrounds and arenas. It lessens the griefing etc. People want to pretend they are hardcore, but they want the pvp to be controlled. P99s pvp isn't controlled. The idea of having Allies on a pvp server is why people like the idea of a teams server...its safer...more controlled. But we all know that the hardcore pvpers are just going to level 3 different characters all on different teams so they can gank, grief, whatever. You won't be safe...its pvp, you arent supposed to be safe. And eventually Red teams will be VERY similar to Red99. Full of griefers, server wide chat, impossible to buy gear on unless you are 50+ etc.
If you dont like Red99 you wont like the new teams server. At first it will be fine. But sooner than later it will be a Red99 clone.

Question: What population would the new teams server need to have in order to be considered a success?

Nune
01-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Splitting up the population is my biggest problem with another pvp server. Shut down the old one if you are going to open a new one. Red is a dead server regardless of what the people who play on it say. I have a 33 druid and have seen less than 10 people up to that point. Not to mention there is server wide chat so you have to listen to morons talking trash or just talking...PLUS groups are rare, buying gear is rare etc etc. The new teams server MIGHT be better than red but that isn't saying much. Most people's problem with Red isn't a problem with the server its a problem with pvp. Some people cant handle pvp. Look at Wow. Most of Wow's pvp is in battlegrounds and arenas. It lessens the griefing etc. People want to pretend they are hardcore, but they want the pvp to be controlled. P99s pvp isn't controlled. The idea of having Allies on a pvp server is why people like the idea of a teams server...its safer...more controlled. But we all know that the hardcore pvpers are just going to level 3 different characters all on different teams so they can gank, grief, whatever. You won't be safe...its pvp, you arent supposed to be safe. And eventually Red teams will be VERY similar to Red99. Full of griefers, server wide chat, impossible to buy gear on unless you are 50+ etc.
If you dont like Red99 you wont like the new teams server. At first it will be fine. But sooner than later it will be a Red99 clone.

Question: What population would the new teams server need to have in order to be considered a success?

tl;dr

a) you can't use the current Red99 as any kind of example of how Teams99 will be. Pretty much the only population left on Red are the people that drove off the other 400 people who were logging on daily when it launched.

b) When Red launched, Blue still had 8/900 people on during peaks and this was back when a 1k peak on Blue was rare. Blue now peaks around 1200+ so its still more than enough. By the time Teams launches, Velious will be out on Blue. So the people who are on Blue are going to be MUCH less likely to jump to a classic-only PvP server when they've got the characters theyve had velious-ready for years actually able to do so.

Vidar
01-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Enlighten me. What did people do to drive off reds population?

Oh, btw. ANY new server will have a higherish pop at launch that will lower after the 'New' sensation wears off. The just like with red, teams will have a high pop at launch and then it will start losing players. Maybe it will have a higher pop that Red but that isn't saying much.

Oh, btw btw. People leaving blue to come to new red will depend very much on when Velious comes out and when Teams comes out. Not to mention on a pvp server people are going to want to get on it asap so they dont get out-leveled. Velious will always be there. You only have one chance to level early on the new pvp server.

Reguiy
01-06-2014, 06:02 PM
People seem to be forgetting that after a certain period of time red99 will merge into teams99. So there wont be a split up population. It will just be teams99 and the pop will be higher.

Vidar
01-06-2014, 06:04 PM
People seem to be forgetting that after a certain period of time red99 will merge into teams99. So there wont be a split up population. It will just be teams99 and the pop will be higher.

Yah and blue was on a classic timeline.

Im not saying the servers wont be merged im just saying it might take to long.

Clark
01-06-2014, 06:22 PM
WTB MOAR 130 man battles (will also accept 130 woman battles)

lol

odiecat99
01-07-2014, 01:00 AM

Troll? Very good work.

Vidar
01-07-2014, 03:33 AM

Troll? Very good work.

I'm actually serious.

My guess would be that whatever the reasons are they are things that happen on EVERY pvp server in EVERY game EVER. I could be very wrong. That's why i asked the question.