PDA

View Full Version : Already hearing talks of min maxing classes with raid num limit

MasterKiljaedon
01-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Seems the artificial barrier in raids limiting numbers is going to put the kabosh on hybrid classes. I'm already hearing talks where people who main rangers are being told to play clerics for mains if they have those toons. I think the class numbers also needs to be addressed if possible.

Somekid123
01-05-2014, 06:00 PM
And pigs can fly!

Edit: Wait, that's what I heard tho, must be true.

Pan
01-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Might do well to be patient on this one. See what comes out of the talks.

Guessing you won't need to panic then.

Xadion
01-05-2014, 07:04 PM
72 man raids is IMO the 'classic' number as that's what the raid system used.

but yeah any raid limits on number the hybrids are always the first to go...

Swish
01-05-2014, 07:16 PM
This shouldn't stop anyone playing the class they enjoy the most. If your guild knows that your main is a ranger etc I'm sure they'll be fine with you taking your ranger on a raid. Perhaps even freeze any alts you're leveling if they're 40+ (in case this comes up) and stress that your ranger is awesome and raidworthy :)

drakelord
01-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Unfortunately, certain classes really are hit hard in classic EQ. SK, Paladin, Ranger, Druid are who I can think off off the top of my head. These classes weren't really starting to be balanced for raiding until Luclin/PoP where they got access to new AA's and spells that gave them a lot more class definition and the ability to actually do things they needed. (SK, Paladin got more tanky and were actually able to hold their own, Ranger got more deeps, Druid and Shaman got a really big heal.)

Shinko
01-05-2014, 07:55 PM
i vote delete all pallys and rangers

fastboy21
01-05-2014, 07:56 PM
The pally that plays well and logs in is better than the warrior that is afk and never online.

Arteker
01-05-2014, 08:00 PM
i vote delete all pallys and rangers
u still pissed cuz i could tank trak and gore bro i understand, will some lick slurps fixt it?

BlkCamel
Artificial raid limits is BS. Guilds zerg'd on live, it is classic. Beg staff not to make this happen.

Arteker
The pally that plays well and logs in is better than the warrior that is afk and never online.

amen northen paladin avatar dude .