PDA

View Full Version : Why Velious is So Important (Article)

whitebandit
01-05-2014, 03:51 PM
I stumbled upon this today thought it was pretty damn relevant to the current status of the server.

Assumed some out there would enjoy the read,

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01/24/the-tattered-notebook-why-velious-is-so-important/

*my apologies if this has been posted previously...

Atmas
01-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Brings out some good reminiscing.

Swish
01-05-2014, 04:35 PM
It's very important, so everyone won't mind waiting til its well tested and bug free... right guys? :)

Was an interesting read.

whitebandit
01-05-2014, 04:48 PM
It's very important, so everyone won't mind waiting til its well tested and bug free... right guys? :)

Was an interesting read.

I personally Do not mind waiting for a bug free Velious... I know alot of people here keep moaning about wanting Velious (and i know we all want it), but im sure if it were released unfinished, the complaining would be much worse.

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Velious 2015! Revamp Kunark!

Pookieson
01-05-2014, 05:01 PM
good article

SwiftInTheNight
01-05-2014, 05:22 PM
+1

joppykid
01-06-2014, 01:19 AM
good read

Byrjun
01-06-2014, 01:37 AM
Best era of EverQuest and it's not even slightly close.

drktmplr12
01-06-2014, 10:41 AM
I personally Do not mind waiting for a bug free Velious... I know alot of people here keep moaning about wanting Velious (and i know we all want it), but im sure if it were released unfinished, the complaining would be much worse.

Not to mention if people find game breaking bugs while its live..

heartbrand
01-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Article mentions the ring war but I thought there would be no tenth ring here or something retarded like that?

whitebandit
01-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Article mentions the ring war but I thought there would be no tenth ring here or something retarded like that?

I have not seen anything saying that the final ring wont be available...

They are all listed on http://wiki.project1999.com/Coldain_Ring_Quests, havent actually read through it step by step yet, so it may have a note in there saying its not availalble..

Daldaen
01-06-2014, 11:33 AM
10th ring should be in. It is just very hard to do in Velious and Kunark gear. The final waves require 10+ good tanks and clerics to cover them.

The 8th ring also has a war. A smart Druid can solo that war though....

Perhaps it was just mixed up with the 8th shawl not being in or something? (IMO after Velious they should add in 8th shawl as well as the Iksar chain quests)

Gustoo
01-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Yeah I hope velious is released in 2020 when it is ready to go and won't be a botch job. You only get to release it once, so let it be done well.

Oleris
01-06-2014, 09:48 PM
yeah, can't wait :)

webrunner5
01-06-2014, 09:59 PM
I thought it stopped at the 9th on here when Velious comes out?? :confused:

Byrjun
01-06-2014, 10:23 PM
All 10 ring quests were in when Velious launched.

They added the last shawl quest in Luclin.

Two different quests. Ring 100% available, Shawl missing last reward.

radditsu
01-06-2014, 10:27 PM
Velious sux long live luclin!

Oleris
01-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Velious sux long live luclin!

Bazaar would be nice to lower prices, but that's about it.

radditsu
01-06-2014, 10:38 PM
cats + moon = best

Mofuggin snakes in that Mofuggin temple

Estu
01-07-2014, 01:48 AM
Interesting read. Makes me kind of excited about Velious (had never experienced that content on Live since I never got past level 20). The only thing that makes me apprehensive about Velious is that the itemization seems really boring - it seems like a lot of the items are so powerful that it removes any sense of nuance or choice in your characters. Like people talking all the time about how easy it is to max out your stats with Velious gear. Even Kunark has stupid items like Necklace of Superiority that just give + to all stats, but not as many of them, at least.

Clark
01-07-2014, 02:13 AM
+1

Oleris
01-07-2014, 02:15 AM
Interesting read. Makes me kind of excited about Velious (had never experienced that content on Live since I never got past level 20). The only thing that makes me apprehensive about Velious is that the itemization seems really boring - it seems like a lot of the items are so powerful that it removes any sense of nuance or choice in your characters. Like people talking all the time about how easy it is to max out your stats with Velious gear. Even Kunark has stupid items like Necklace of Superiority that just give + to all stats, but not as many of them, at least.

True, but there are around 40 raid targets.

Razdeline
01-07-2014, 02:45 AM

When stats get close to maxxed out, people will start being able to mix in good sets of resist gear and still come close to capping certain stats. Sure you get great items, but mobs go from having 32k to 300k+ hp.

Lron
01-07-2014, 03:18 AM
Good article

Tann
01-07-2014, 03:32 AM
When stats get close to maxxed out, people will start being able to mix in good sets of resist gear and still come close to capping certain stats. Sure you get great items, but mobs go from having 32k to 300k+ hp.

Sadly this caused the item inflation that has plagued mmo's ever since, every xpac saw items and mobs get progressively stronger and stronger and stronger, etc..

A great example would be in the Planes of Power xpac, just 5 level difference mind you not the 10 that was Kunark's bump, compare Plane of Time to Veeshan's Peak. Both the item's dropping there and the raid boss hp/abilities was ridiculous.

It's like the Die Hard movies, the director/producers for some stupid reason thought each had to get progressively bigger. McClane/Building > McClane/Airport > McClane/NEW YORK > MCCLANE/RUSSIA

Skywarp
01-07-2014, 03:40 AM
The ring war was bugged for 11 years in live. It was very doable but a very temperamental event. Shawl event got ft upgrade event in iceclad during luclin.

Oleris
01-07-2014, 04:42 AM
The ring war was bugged for 11 years in live. It was very doable but a very temperamental event. Shawl event got ft upgrade event in iceclad during luclin.

Well, I can see how hard it would be to code hundreds of giants running toward a zone and if one makes it the encounter is over. Sounds like a coding mess. They would have to figure out spawn times, a "endzone" and all sorts of stuff for every single mob.

Salerno
01-07-2014, 08:26 AM
Great read! Thanks for sharing.

Draagun
01-07-2014, 10:42 AM

Was an interesting read.

The game is already free and now you want the bugs free too? A little selfish don't you think?

Nirgon
01-07-2014, 10:48 AM
They say its close, how about a fly through of a zone or two as a preview?