PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Static Tradeskill Containers

Daldaen
01-05-2014, 10:27 AM
If you are doing a combine in a Loom or a Brewing Barrel or a Forge (any static container that is physically fixed in the world), they aren't working properly in regards to closing out of them.

What happens here:

You close out by hitting "Done" or you back away auto-closing the containe -> All items are automatically placed in your inventory

What should happen:

All items should remain IN that static container.

Also a little note about NO DROP components. You CANNOT use the "Done" button to close the container, as intended. But if you force it closing by walking away, the NO DROP items in the container should disappear.

It is classic. This is from 2004 on a Luclin item, but it shows that it was constant from classic - then.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131104110953/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=12565

On Prexus server, the mallet and anvil are NoDrop. We can't intentionally drop them from our inventory, but they can remain behind after performing combines in the forge. The problem is the same.

When you lose your tools, you only have two options:
1) Petition a GM.
2) Redo the quest to obtain the tools.

I've read that it's usually easier just to redo the quest to obtain the tools again. Looking forward to obtaining a set of my own to start shadowscream armor in the next month or so.

heartbrand
01-05-2014, 10:29 AM
I thought the whole transfer no drop gear through forges and shit came out in the first few months of the game?

Ele
01-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Used to store extra earring of essences in the container next to Sooth on live back in the day.

I think dumping everything back into inventory was done here to cut out some no drop transfer/dupe hacks.

Daldaen
01-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Dumping things was done because it is how it was during GoD / OoW and thats where the Titanium Client has its code based. I'm almost positive that is a core client thing, not a P99 specific change.