PDA

View Full Version : Vengeful Soloist server

Furniture
01-05-2014, 03:11 AM
Hey guys, I figured id put up an advertisement here for my server that i've been running for a bit.

Its a classic style solo server where mobs arent nerfed, but there are custom bonuses added to the source code to make gear act more powerful. For example, all stats from items give X5 and then there are numerous other bonuses such as melee hits increased from strength/level and dmg/heal spells boosted based on int/wis and level depending on the class. Many other bonuses as well.

Everything is based on your gear so a naked character is as powerful as a naked character on p99. With good gear you can go and solo some high end things, but it will still be very tough and you might need a friend or more depending on what your doing. Accomplishing things is challenging, but also very rewarding.

Kunark was just released last week, and currently only one epic has been aquired (monk epic).

Theres a small community of players who are very helpful. We have a good time. I strive to make the server as classic as I can so it is 100% compatible with a P99 patched client.

Theres no boxing/bots/corpse runs or bullshit. (there is exp loss upon death) If your in the mood for a solo oriented classic server, come check it out.

For more info please check the link in my sig.

Swish
01-05-2014, 06:28 AM
Theres no boxing/bots/corpse runs or bullshit.

Sounds like easy mode, but keeping boxing/bots out gives me hope :p

Furniture
01-05-2014, 12:54 PM
definitely not easy mode actually, if anything it is too rough, especially on new players

thats what seperates my solo server from others like "the irreverant", its been designed with high difficulty and high risk vs reward in mind

I thought other solo servers were a great idea, but once I saw how mind numbingly easy they were, i wanted to make a solo server that was tough that i myself would enjoy playing. I'm pretty happy with the final product, and apparently so are the people i've attracted to the server who play. People tell me all the time that they were sick of solo servers being too easy so they found their home at the vengeful soloist

Furniture
01-05-2014, 01:03 PM
by the way if anyone wants to check it out and wants to transfer their character from p99, just take a screenshot of your gear or send me a pm with the list of your gear or whatever and i'll create it for you

Rhambuk
01-05-2014, 01:17 PM
I always thought eq solo could be fun, as a rogue I couldn't do it on live but always liked the idea of still being able to fight my way down to lord in guk or something.

does it require any special files? or alterations from my p99 directory?

Furniture
01-05-2014, 01:30 PM
You can use a p99 install and be fine

Rhambuk
01-05-2014, 01:32 PM
cool ill have to give it a go!

Rogue soloing nagafen, incoming!

Furniture
01-05-2014, 03:56 PM
that might be doable with high end kunark gear and at least lvl 55+, but will certainly be tough

Rogues can backstab from the front here however, so you might be able to dish out the dps fast enough, would be interesting to see you try

Furniture
01-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Pretty good turnout today from p99, ive added to our forums info on how you can transfer your character from p99, hope to see some more of you guys!

Swish
01-06-2014, 06:15 AM
http://eroticeverquest.proboards.com/

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Conan-The-Barbarian-Sees-Something-Shocking-Reaction-Gif.gif

Furniture
01-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Lol, that used to be the name of the server until the players convinced me to change it.