PDA

View Full Version : Roses are Red, Violets are Blue

h0tr0d (shaere)
01-04-2014, 06:54 PM
PVP servers are red,
PVE servers are blue.
If you play to beat other players,
Perhaps red is for you.

I know some red players don't want to hear this, but I have a message for all of you 'hardcore' blue players.

Blue servers are PVE servers, Red servers are PVP. If you think you are 'hardcore' and your Everquest experience involves beating the other player(s), go to the server that is designed for it. If your experience revolves around beating encounters (which is what the cough, 'casuals' want to do), play on PVE server.

Think about it objectively. The energy spent is towards getting FTE vs another guild, or beating another guild to a spawn point. Having more loot than another guild. Getting more raid kills than another guild. Getting something done before another guild. Stopping another guild from doing this or that. Everything you do revolves around beating the competition. On a PVE server, this should be the E.

Please quit calling yourself hardcore on a blue server, it is entirely relative and subjective.

Whatcha think, any validity to this, could a real argument be made?

Breeziyo
01-04-2014, 06:57 PM
i'm going to keep calling myself hardcore and there is literally nothing you can do to stop me

h0tr0d (shaere)
01-04-2014, 06:59 PM
i'm going to keep calling myself hardcore and there is literally nothing you can do to stop me

Well said, but there is nothing preventing you from being wrong also. Or me for that matter. And I did say please.

oldschooltrader
01-04-2014, 07:01 PM
thanks 4 Shaere

Breeziyo
01-04-2014, 07:02 PM
And I did say please.

ok u got me there i'll stop

whitebandit
01-04-2014, 07:03 PM
I know some red players don't want to hear this, but I have a message for all of you 'hardcore' blue players.

Blue servers are PVE servers, Red servers are PVP. If you think you are 'hardcore' and your Everquest experience involves beating the other player(s), go to the server that is designed for it. If your experience revolves around beating encounters (which is what the cough, 'casuals' want to do, play on PVE server.

Think about it objectively. The energy spent is towards getting FTE vs another guild, or beating another guild to a spawn point. Having more loot than another guild. Getting more raid kills than another guild. Getting something done before another guild. Stopping another guild from doing this or that. Everything you do revolves around beating the competition. On a PVE server, this should be the E.

Either way please quit calling yourself hardcore on a blue server, it is entirely relative and subjective.

Pretty real argument here..

Uteunayr
01-04-2014, 07:08 PM
I don't know, I kind of think that everyone who plays EverQuest on a 14 year old rule set on an emulator is kind of hardcore. But that's just me. I think most people here would be hardcore in a game like WoW. It's just that hardcores are not a homogenous group, and when put into a hardcore game, you have the hardcore of the hardcore become the hardcore, and the less hardcore of the hardcore become the casual. Of course, then you have the hardcore on the pvp, so you have the hardcore of the hardcore of the hardcore, while pve is more casual, so you have the casual of the hardcore of the hardcore, and the casuals on the pve are the casuals of the casuals of the hardcore. Similarly, the casuals on the pvp are the hardcore of the casuals of the hardcore.

Fun stuff, huh?

Swish
01-04-2014, 07:10 PM
The real reason people don't like the idea of playing on red? Nothing is easy. Pixels don't descend from the sky...

Lisset
01-04-2014, 07:12 PM

Blue servers are PVE servers, Red servers are PVP. If you think you are 'hardcore' and your Everquest experience involves beating the other player(s), go to the server that is designed for it. If your experience revolves around beating encounters (which is what the cough, 'casuals' want to do, play on PVE server.

Either way please quit calling yourself hardcore on a blue server, it is entirely relative and subjective.

Blah blah red blah blah blue blah blah carebear blah blah I want attention blah blah small penis blah blah.

Next!

h0tr0d (shaere)
01-04-2014, 07:14 PM
The real reason people don't like the idea of playing on red? Nothing is easy. Pixels don't descend from the sky...

Isn't this what the 'hardcore' guilds are accusing the 'casual' guilds of wanting during proposal wars?

quido
01-04-2014, 07:22 PM
thx 4 shaere

Reguiy
01-04-2014, 07:23 PM
So the options are:
A) Call myself casual/carebear/bluebie/<some effeminate name>
or
B) Play shitty eq pvp

Hmm, tough one....

h0tr0d (shaere)
01-04-2014, 07:26 PM
So the options are:
A) Call myself casual/carebear/bluebie/<some effeminate name>
or
B) Play shitty eq pvp

Hmm, tough one....

You would have the chance to beat other players and crush the competition, with consequences!

And I didn't know you were Tasslehoff, Jeremy. Perhaps we should duel in KC.

Reguiy
01-04-2014, 07:33 PM
You would have the chance to beat other players and crush the competition, with consequences!

When you have level headed responses to my extremely sarcastic posts, it makes me feel like I just wasted my precious time typing it up.

h0tr0d (shaere)
01-04-2014, 07:41 PM
When you have level headed responses to my extremely sarcastic posts, it makes me feel like I just wasted my precious time typing it up.

Apologies! I don't think red is bad, just full scale PvP is not for me. I tried Rallos Zek and couldn't play there, killed upon entering the game and then corpse camped for the first 2 days trying to make new characters, just entirely too much of that or griefing. The deity-based pvp on Sullon Zek I enjoyed thoroughly.

Personally I would like a red server to be completely open to whatever players wanted to do in game, be it training or what have you with corpse camping being the exception. Then if people think they're hardcore by beating players on a blue server who can't fight back, let them go there.

Tecmos Deception
01-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Pretty real argument here..

He basically said that calling myself hardcore is totally arbitrary, and then went on to say that I should not be able to call myself hardcore because HE is hardcore.

That's not a good argument.

radditsu
01-04-2014, 08:51 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Brandon_Vedas

Mezzmur
01-04-2014, 09:10 PM
thanks 4 Shaere

Because I miss that.

h0tr0d (shaere)
01-04-2014, 09:21 PM
He basically said that calling myself hardcore is totally arbitrary, and then went on to say that I should not be able to call myself hardcore because HE is hardcore.

That's not a good argument.

Not calling myself hardcore due to the fact I once played a little pvp, rather it would speak to the fact I wasn't as hardcore (as you allude to how I defined it) because I didn't cut it on RZ.

My point was actually that if someone thinks they're so badass in relation to other players because they beat them at this or that, then play on a server where you actually fight them.

SirAlvarex
01-05-2014, 02:37 AM
I used to find it annoying when the Red players crapped on blue players for "not being hardcore enough".

But now that the non-T1 guilds keep calling everyone else not hardcore enough for their game, I'm coo wit it.

If you want to call yourself hardcore when there's a *harder* mode out there, then I'm not sure you can call yourself hardcore anymore. Maybe Mediumcore? SemiCore? Timesinkers?

Tasslehofp99
01-05-2014, 03:11 AM

Jeremy is an imposter, I'm always down for a duel though!

Rellapse36
01-05-2014, 04:01 AM
Red getting more fun by the day. Gm's are cleaning up all the idiots who grief. They mainly in the top guild "Nihilum" go figure. Nizzar the guildleader currently has two diff toons suspended and 3 other officers. Come play dawgs