PDA

View Full Version : Hello 99ers

Malik
01-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Hi

Well finally i have some spare time! So checked out live.. Was.. Well odd. So went on youtube found some vids on p1999 thought why not.

I played from 99 to luclin era come back in ykesha left about a year after dragon people turned up. Played briefly when mercs were brought in but for me nothing compairs to the classic days.

Played many different classes on live never rolled an iksar in classic never played a bard or druid.. Dunno why so playing them seeing what they were like.

Few questions.. Just more out of interest.

1- iksar monk get 44% exp pen? I remember in velious class pens were taken away? So i assume would become 20%?
2- bard aoe kiting is the best solo way for them?
3- druids seem to be a high population are they sort after in group?

I intend to play all three to pick the one i want but i just had those questions in my mind

Dweed
01-04-2014, 04:57 PM
1 - believe so
2 - yes
3 - hard for a druid to find groups after 50

Millburn
Class based xp penalties go away in Velious entirely and the Race based xp penalties still persist but are no longer shared with group members.

Thulack
1. Yes
2. Correct
3. They are sought after for ports not groups.

goshozal
01-04-2014, 04:58 PM
1. yes.

2. Fastest way, yes. "Best" is arguable.

3. I don't know, I've never played a druid. Just knowing what I do about class mechanics, though, I'd say they're not highly sought-after. The reason being that while they are good at many roles, they're not excellent at any role. People tend to prefer to compose groups of classes that each excel at their job. YMMV.

Malik
01-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Thanks for clarity

I have kinda ruled out a druid as i thought of my previous classic stint on eq and i played caster so will be either or.

For me be iksar monk or half elf bard. Time to grind!