PDA

View Full Version : best places to farm high quality pelts?

zanderklocke
01-04-2014, 04:23 PM
I'm working on getting my tailoring to 115...it's currently at 87.
I need to get high quality pelts of all kinds up until 108, and then I need high quality cat pelts until 115.

I was thinking Lake of Ill Omen or Overthere would be the best places to farm high quality cat pelts, but I'm not sure about getting all of kinds of high quality pelts at once.

Any tailors have some input?

Also, do higher level cats, bears, and wolves have a higher chance to drop a high quality pelt?

Buellen
01-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Heya

West karana is good spot wolf and lions.

Lake of ill omen can be good spot, but never liked how spread out the cats where in that zone.

Garue 49th Half Elf Warrior // Buskier 34th Human Cleric // Shoul Der 37th Human Monk.

Glunier Emberstone 60th Human Paladin Vintage Eqmac
Glunier Emberstone 67th Dwarf Paladin Nameless

Daldaen
01-04-2014, 05:30 PM
I'm at 103 Tailoring so I am nearing the end. AFAIK Level has no bearing on the drop rate of HQs.

North Karana is nice because it has wolves, lions and bears. I will randomly run around and kill them there.
Surefall Glade has a set of like 15~ bears in the back... unfortunately these bears have bad faction hits. So if you have a 20+ evil alt you wanna run there and then invis back into the bear caves, I'd guess this is a great place to farm HQ bear skins. I've been meaning to drop one of my alts back there to farm for many alt Hand-Made Backpacks, but I haven't gotten around to it.

But honestly, I am to the point of only buying the HQ pelts. Velious is far enough off that I should get enough to hit 115 by the time it release.

Autotune
01-04-2014, 05:36 PM
the more the overkill the higher the chance that the pelt will be ruined.

zanderklocke
01-04-2014, 06:13 PM
the more the overkill the higher the chance that the pelt will be ruined.

Somehow, that doesn't seem believable to me, ha.

Lojik
01-04-2014, 06:36 PM
I've found Rathe mountains best for bears, NK/EK probably great for wolves and cats.

Jaxon
01-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Everfrost is decent for cat pelts. A dozen or more path back and forth in front of Permafrost.