PDA

View Full Version : Other Emu's?

Thulack
01-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Next best classic server since this one going to hell?

Rust1d?
01-06-2014, 05:20 PM
www.eqpvp.com

New teams server en route. Thank me later!

Grubbz
01-06-2014, 07:20 PM
Would give left nut to have a new classic server with legit timelines.......

Freeport
01-07-2014, 03:05 AM
Yeah- why make a pvp server that will fail when u can just make something somewhat similiar to p99 and with all the population of this server it would rock.
No kegz thanks

Bardalicious
01-07-2014, 04:16 AM
It's unfortunate the Blades of Wrath velious server is in limbo atm til the owner is back. Had 100x more promise than kegz shit.

Swish
01-07-2014, 04:45 AM
www.eqpvp.com

New teams server en route. Thank me later!

As with a lot of emus I guess, I thought the website was promising... then was signing into P99 and noticed the population. "2"

I guess a new server will draw a crowd though, plenty of banned/disgruntled red players about :)

Grimfan
01-07-2014, 05:54 AM
I've tried a few other EMU's. I tried out Hidden Forest and the pacing was like riding a roller coaster straight down for about ten minutes, and then suddenly hitting a huge dip that you think would drive you straight through the world, after throwing up your entire insides from the retching pullback you fall asleep going up another hill for forty minutes. Oh you're also the only actual real person on the ride, everyone else is your buddy and his one hundred favorite robots (32 maximum, sure, but jesus so many bots). So what you think is a healthy population is actually not at all healthy.

It's basically the same for every other modified custom content emu out there. There is just no emulator that has the same smooth cigar and scotch feel that Project 1999 has. That place where you can put on your robe and slippers, sit next to a warm fire on an autumn evening, and just let the relaxed pacing drive you straight into a wonderful lull.

I honestly wouldn't look for another emulator, I would just try to make this one a better place for everyone involved.

myriverse
01-07-2014, 09:28 AM
just try to make this one a better place

Raavak
01-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Toop's server has Velious I hear.

Nocsucow
01-07-2014, 10:00 AM
Toop's server has Velious I hear.

i think it shut down?

Bardalicious
01-07-2014, 10:53 AM
It's still open actually. But he tried to play it off like he handed the server off to someone else. It's still Toop. And him and his GM buddy have super twinked toons and give out free gear.

wouldnotplay/10

As for eqpvp.com - this is Kings and Bandits / Red69 server, or whatever its named now. The server has failed every reincarnation it has tried. And the owners were devnoob and someone else, a pair of dudes that got laughed out of the eqemulator.org crowd for being pompous d-bags.

Just keep that in mind.

ymw
01-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Can't wait for a legit teams server.

@ Bard - A+ for Symbols avatar.

Bardalicious
01-07-2014, 12:41 PM
@ Bard - A+ for Symbols avatar.

:cool: love me some KMFDM

Raavak
01-07-2014, 03:33 PM
And EQClassic project was done before it started.

A Sony progression server might satisfy some people, but its not the same as Classic.

P1999 is your best bet for vanilla classic Everquest.

There are some good custom content servers. The Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EQEmu)actually might be accurate.

Grizzled
01-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Sony had some good ideas that were too late to be classic.
AA- best idea any mmo came up with.
evolving gear- putting exp into gear to make it better
fabled gear- I played on Brell, the coolest thing was the upper guilds killed these mobs 24/7. One of there people controlled the list, and anyone could be added to the list. My level 23 Berseker was quite broken with the prenerf fabled executioners axe.

Some ideas I have had and i wish i was a programmer:

combining items to make them better- something like the aug pools you place 2 of the same item to create an enhanced version of the original. non lore items of course, become no drop after combine. no drops could be done is the combine container was a bag etc.

Character restart- Got level 60 and nothing to do? do a restart.you keep your gear etc, but restart to level 1. you gain an additional 20 base character statistic points. but you also get a 5% exp penalty each time you do it. tier 10 iksar/troll sk sweet jesus what a grind that would be.

More epic style quests- there has been no game that has given a sense of accomplishment better then completing your class epic. Since they would be a bit game breaking they would have to involve all the high end things including tradeskills. Epic armor would have to start with the kunark racial armors as a base piece. Having each step be a wearable piece instead of a plain old just turn it all in to finally get the reward. tradeskill combines subject to failures of course.