PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Cleric NPCs shouldn't be able to Bash

Byrjun
01-04-2014, 02:25 AM
The Bash skill was removed from player character Clerics years ago, since that was an ability added after Velious (I believe).

However, Cleric NPCs can still bash, from the glyphed warders in Mistmoore to the plastmatic priest in Temple of Sol Ro. I haven't seen a Cleric NPC that doesn't bash, however it should be obvious that they shouldn't have access to that ability yet (or probably ever).

Buellen
01-05-2014, 05:54 AM
Heya

I could be wrong, but i believe all npc have the ability to bash. npc dont follow all the rules of player character class restrictions is my understanding.

Buriedpast
01-05-2014, 06:13 AM
Snake kicks in 3 2 1...

Byrjun
01-16-2014, 02:51 AM
Heya

I could be wrong, but i believe all npc have the ability to bash. npc dont follow all the rules of player character class restrictions is my understanding.

Nope, NPCs have classes, and have abilities based on their class. Go fight an SK, you'll get harm touched. Go fight a paladin, they'll LoH. Go fight a shaman, they'll slow you.

And... go fight a wizard (like the erudite dervish) and see how many times he kicks or bashes you... the answer will be zero.

Cleric mobs are the only caster mobs that can bash, and this is because in the era of the client (Titanium), clerics could bash. Player clerics originally could bash as well, but this was removed years ago as it was added around PoP. But it was never removed from NPCs.

Snake kicks in 3 2 1...

Not sure how this is relevant. Snakes are classified as warriors, which get the ability to kick.

Daldaen
01-16-2014, 04:07 AM
Cleric bash was Luclin btw. 2002 (http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020904.html)