PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Rogean's Free Buffet (or whose house is this?)

Pan
01-03-2014, 05:28 PM
With all of the bickering and intransigence, I think we'd ALL do well to remember that we're guests here due to nothing but the magnanimousness of Rogean.

We are not forced to pay a dime to enjoy this server nor the fun we have here, nor does he owe us anything. Yet so many of us act entitled to spawns or assistance or even an ear. The hubris baffles me.

The truth is that Rogean can set rules, distribute resources, disallow behavior, boot people or whatever else he chooses - and that's his choice alone. We can either log in or not - that's our choice.

Or, in other words...dinner's free at Uncle Rogean's Buffet. If he wants to tell the fatties to leave a little of the good stuff for the other diners, stop arguing and pay attention. That "anyone" in the "we reserve the right to refuse service..." sign means me or you.

His buffet, his call. Not mine or yours.

JayN
01-03-2014, 05:30 PM
may i eat at his buffet please

Portasaurus
01-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Is there scorpion meat in the buffet? If so, count me in!

heazels
01-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Hey i donate $10 a month, i pay for this buffet

fastboy21
01-03-2014, 05:39 PM
There is some overt disrespect. I am thoroughly impressed at how well Rogean handles it. It would be very easy for him to be vindictive, and he simply isn't.

Many of the folks who play here really feel like they are part of an EQ community. The bond of which isn't a money contract, but a genuine caring about this community and classic EQ.

Sometimes this makes folks appear to be disrespectful guests in Rogean's house...I think its a sign of how healthy the server is here that folks feel "at home" here, but yes, it is good to remember now and again that we aren't home; we are just invited guests.

As for the asshats that just piss all over the living room after having too much to drink they at least entertain the rest of us from time to time.

Rhambuk
01-03-2014, 05:42 PM
There is some overt disrespect. I am thoroughly impressed at how well Rogean handles it. It would be very easy for him to be vindictive, and he simply isn't.

Many of the folks who play here really feel like they are part of an EQ community. The bond of which isn't a money contract, but a genuine caring about this community and classic EQ.

Sometimes this makes folks appear to be disrespectful guests in Rogean's house...I think its a sign of how healthy the server is here that folks feel "at home" here, but yes, it is good to remember now and again that we aren't home; we are just invited guests.

As for the asshats that just piss all over the living room after having too much to drink they at least entertain the rest of us from time to time.

I can't even begin to fathom the patience that rogaen has, he should be canonized after creating this server.

there are times, many many many times, where I would have restarted disbanded banned etc etc just to end it but somehow he puts up with it and he sees more than any of us!

If he ever does snap though, its not just going to be a pull of the plug. I can only imagine what the years of stress of the server will look like when it explodes out of him haha