PDA

View Full Version : Tier 1 to Tier 2?

Laugher
01-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Sooo

I'm not a diplomat for this discussion or my guild, but I did have a couple of questions that I didn't see many answers about in the proposals (some tldr but I did read for ex. the hybrid one, Sirkens, Nilbogs, Rogeans, Derubael's, Tune(lol), and part of FE/TMOs) I apologize in advance if these questions complicate the raid forum discussion :).

1. How does a guild go from Tier 2 to 1? Do they apply for it, do they as an individual guild have more say than a vote by tier1/2?

From what I read it seems BDA would (currently) be a good example, but with any kind of rotation giving big name targets to tier 2 guilds I would guess that in the future more guilds will be in the same place, possibly with the same stance as BDA (namely, that they like tier 2/t2 competition as opposed to tier 1. From whats been said play style BDA would be t2, but gear/keywise they do have some t1 potential, which brings me to my next question:

2. Tier 1 rotation? Do they have one/propose to have one?

This goes hand in hand with q1. I think the appeal of tier 2 is that everyone has been cooperative to some degree about ideas regarding a partial rotation, but I haven't seen much if any discussion about t1 roto. If other guilds are to become tier 1, would they be accommodated like they would in tier 2 or be expected to battle the powers that be? Not sure of how much of a gear gap is possible between tier 1 and 2, but I would think it'd be at least somewhat difficult for a non-zerg tier 2 geared guild to compete with t1.

The one thing I do recall from some of the proposals is that Tier 1 wants to be more ffa, but if more guilds were to become t1 (or say for example half of t2 made it there in the next year) it would seem that ffa is going to be an issue, or that perhaps we will see how some of the smaller fixes (zoneouts for toons camped at bosses etc.) will effect how people are raiding. If the current t1 agreed to a rotation *edit* also, if said half of t2 for example ended up in t1, could they at that point democratically vote for a part time roto given that they had the majority?

In any case just wanted to bring these questions up to see what people had to say, its impressive to see how many people here care this much about the raid scene.

tl;dr more questions/proposal fodder regarding tier 1.5

Rhambuk
01-03-2014, 04:42 PM
I *think* that killing trakanon, under some proposals, instantly bumps you to T1. There are others that depends on how many vp keys you have.

I highly doubt T1 will do a rotation since all I hear from them is competition competition competition