PDA

View Full Version : The Dragons Keep On Dying

heartbrand
01-03-2014, 04:26 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img132/1218/fdx4.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img833/6213/w368.jpg

Interested in killing Dragons with a fresh crew of players excited about Norrath, dedicated to a clean style of play and mutual progression? Check out Red Dawn (http://reddawnguild.com).

Mac Dretti
01-03-2014, 04:27 PM
I love norrath and I miss it when I can't be there

Littlegyno 10.0
01-03-2014, 04:29 PM
petitioned 4 last name violation.

freez
01-03-2014, 04:32 PM
I would like to personally thank tune and nizzar, for banning themselves to give the great red dawn easy acess to dragon loots.

http://img.pandawhale.com/55967-thank-you-gif-kJG3.gif

Andis
01-03-2014, 04:33 PM
LOLOL

VIVA LA RESISTANCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'd like to thank Tune, for raging the fuck out on a Naggy kill.

And I'd like to thank Jizzar, for training andis's group with GM watching.

You guys should read the rules.

Andis
01-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Calm ur beard andis

andis is freshly shaven, always

k9quaint
01-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Pras RD.

Mac Dretti
01-03-2014, 04:40 PM
As a person of Jewish decent I take great offense that this person is allowed to parade around with racist and insensitive surnames such as Top Jew and Hebrew while spouting hate tells to people in game.

Can staff plz resolve this issue and clear violation of the naming policy as well as obvious misconduct according to the bylaws and posted regulations of the Play Nice Policy enacted by top GM Sirken and enforced by Squire Derubael?

Thanks,

Concerned Civilian

Holey
01-03-2014, 04:40 PM
LOLOL

VIVA LA RESISTANCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'd like to thank Tune, for raging the fuck out on a Naggy kill.

And I'd like to thank Jizzar, for training andis's group with GM watching.

You guys should read the rules.

if you know how to read, checkraise doesnt call RD the resistance loool

freez
01-03-2014, 04:41 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Aw_8ede82_969038.gif

freez
01-03-2014, 04:52 PM
I don't care about any racism because I am white

sorry if racism bothers u

welcome to interwebz

Mac Dretti
01-03-2014, 04:54 PM
I know fellow offended bystander of non white decent, I have been plagued and riddled with hate in all avenues of this game for quite some time. I can't even sit in the peaceful and respectful chat of aim friends without being battered with accusations that I work in some type of ethnic fast food restaurant.

Andis
01-03-2014, 04:58 PM
And is has severe aspies just leave him

not too sure who this is, or what I did to you

but your tears sir, are DELICIOUS

freez
01-03-2014, 05:00 PM
I know fellow offended bystander of non white decent, I have been plagued and riddled with hate in all avenues of this game for quite some time. I can't even sit in the peaceful and respectful chat of aim friends without being battered with accusations that I work in some type of ethnic fast food restaurant.

:rolleyes:

mitic
01-03-2014, 05:01 PM
As a person of Jewish decent I take great offense that this person is allowed to parade around with racist and insensitive surnames such as Top Jew and Hebrew while spouting hate tells to people in game.

Can staff plz resolve this issue and clear violation of the naming policy as well as obvious misconduct according to the bylaws and posted regulations of the Play Nice Policy enacted by top GM Sirken and enforced by Squire Derubael?

Thanks,

Concerned Civilian

wondering why those jews are hated? the above quote explains why.

Nirgon
01-03-2014, 05:02 PM
How is Heartbrand saying he is the most talented jewish player on the server racist? I mean, I don't like the surname either but if that offends you... seriously? You know what server you're on right?

Rellapse36
01-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Gaffin not even in RedDawn

Nocsucow
01-03-2014, 05:39 PM
I would like to personally thank tune and nizzar, for banning themselves to give the great red dawn easy acess to dragon loots.

http://img.pandawhale.com/55967-thank-you-gif-kJG3.gif

is this true ?

freez
01-03-2014, 05:50 PM
is this true ?

yes.

nizzar suspended last week for training a cleric and ench doing efretti

tune gets suspended last night for not adapting to pnp

then nihi got stomped in pvp

took naggy w little contest after pvp

took vox w zero contest

Eslade
01-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Took Vox again the next morning after patch.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DGGcdZ4KYbA/T5FeDLPuJJI/AAAAAAAACKo/2ofTef2oC0w/s640/good-good-let-the-jimmies-rustle-through-you.png

Technique
01-03-2014, 06:12 PM
The ratio of good vs bad is insanely bad here for some reason. I think some kind of Documentary should be made on how hours of EQ effected the development of kids who started to young. I think it really fucked a lot of people up.It's easily worse than the community of every "open PvP" MMO I've played (live or emulated), including UO, Darkfall, etc.

My guess is that it's mostly due to the extremely asymmetric PvP combined with the difficulty (infrequency of spawns, rarity of drops, and the necessity to coordinate with many other people) involved in acquiring good items in this game.

This renders some players impotent to achieve what they strongly desire, and out of sheer frustration they devolve into vicious retarded chimps.

karsten
01-03-2014, 06:19 PM
wondering why those jews are hated? the above quote explains why.

oh man i saw that avatar and got a TOTAL BONER that it was mitic

Nizzarr
01-03-2014, 06:39 PM
How is Heartbrand saying he is the most talented jewish player on the server racist? I mean, I don't like the surname either but if that offends you... seriously? You know what server you're on right?

but you call him a jew in ooc and then youre suspended, why allow one and not the other

Bamz4l
01-03-2014, 06:45 PM

Thanks,

Concerned Civilian

whats next u want them to rename every item with the word black white or brown in it?

Nizzarr
01-03-2014, 06:47 PM
whats next u want them to rename every item with the word black white or brown in it?

sure

Tradesonred
01-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Ill never touch this server again, but glad people finally cracked that nihilum armor

Mac Dretti
01-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Cool story

Eslade
01-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Actual screenshot of a Red Dawn raid
http://powertripberkeley.com/wp-content/uploads/moses-red-seamoses-parts-the-red-sea-by--brainboxmedia-on-deviantart-fce83m8m.jpg

snapjamma
01-03-2014, 06:58 PM
lol @ "clean play style" filthy zerg full of griefers but cant bear to lose numbers

grats on da pixels doe

mitic
01-03-2014, 08:28 PM
oh man i saw that avatar and got a TOTAL BONER that it was mitic

oh hi karsten pal :D

can someone explain to me how that nihiliumreject got in power of red dawn? i just loged in after a year or two and my tag was gooooone.

Rellapse36
01-03-2014, 08:32 PM
HB doin gods work Mitic dont hate pal

Kergan
01-03-2014, 08:50 PM
It really is sad that people think getting each other banned is the way to victory.

Witness
01-03-2014, 08:59 PM
It really is sad that people think getting each other banned is the way to victory.

Hi play by the rules and you won't get banned. No level of fraps/screenies/cries can do anything if you play by the rules. That's like saying wah wah wah I got a speeding ticket for going 100mph. The cop was rule lawyering and he should have just let it play out cuz I probably wouldn't have cause an accident anyways

Lawler
01-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Careful RD, too many more stolen pixels and there will be emergency server dragon maintenance at 2pm est.

mcappy
01-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Hi play by the rules and you won't get banned. No level of fraps/screenies/cries can do anything if you play by the rules. That's like saying wah wah wah I got a speeding ticket for going 100mph. The cop was rule lawyering and he should have just let it play out cuz I probably wouldn't have cause an accident anyways

A better analogy would be comparing RD to someone who calls the cops to complain about a guy going 5 over the speed limit, and the guy going to jail for life because he doesn't have evidence to show he wasn't.

...And then some idiot saying 'next time don't break the rules and you won't get a life sentence'.

Witness
01-03-2014, 09:11 PM
A better analogy would be comparing RD to someone who calls the cops to complain about a guy going 5 over the speed limit, and the guy going to jail for life because he doesn't have evidence to show he wasn't.

...And then some idiot saying 'next time don't break the rules and you won't get a life sentence'.

Well at least you just admitted you guys break the rules. Hate to say but 5mph over the speed limit is OVER THE SPEED LIMIT. Stop seeing how far you can push GMs and the server and bans will stop

Eslade
01-03-2014, 09:11 PM

Uhhh no. Closer to calling in a drunk driver and the guy spends the night in the tank. Nobody was permabanned.

mcappy
01-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Well at least you just admitted you guys break the rules. Hate to say but 5mph over the speed limit is OVER THE SPEED LIMIT. Stop seeing how far you can push GMs and the server and bans will stop

There are no 'you guys', I'm not Nihilum and I haven't broken any rules.

heartbrand
01-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Nihilum is built upon poor sportsmanship. Even in founding fathers when we would win the fight, they would bring mages in to bolt through walls or rush alts during engage etc. These people never give up, and you see it playing out two years into the server over NAGAFEN. God can only imagine what would happen if Phara Dar was taken (anyone who thinks if red dawn had been in VP pre train removal that tune wouldn't have been dropping trains 24/7 prolly also believes in the middle class). The pnp promotes sportsmanship. You lose, you say good fight and let the winners attempt the pve.

You guys are defending spectre and tune who killed Julian no less than FIVE times naked on cr. Give me a break.

Clark
01-03-2014, 10:06 PM
Calm ur beard

Technique
01-03-2014, 10:34 PM
You guys are defending spectre and tune who killed Julian no less than FIVE times naked on cr. Give me a break.A person of normal intelligence would've paused for a moment after the 1st or 2nd death and come to the realization that he should stop trying to CR until the coast was clear.

The penalty for dying to PvP in this game is so laughably slight (no item loot, no exp loss, not even a record of death unless someone took a screenshot) that a policy to protect people from their own stupidity should be wholly unnecessary.

heartbrand
01-03-2014, 10:39 PM
A person of normal intelligence would've paused for a moment after the 1st or 2nd death and come to the realization that he should stop trying to CR until the coast was clear.

The penalty for dying to PvP in this game is so laughably slight (no item loot, no exp loss, not even a record of death unless someone took a screenshot) that a policy to protect people from their own stupidity should be wholly unnecessary.

Thanks for demonstrating exactly why the pnp is needed.

Kergan
01-03-2014, 10:44 PM

You don't lose your license to drive for the rest of your life for getting a speeding ticket. The punishment is absolutely absurd for the infractions on BOTH sides. I was in CoM when Melky got banned, none of us petitioned it but Sirken was there. He was bound in CoM, we killed him in legitimate PVP and he didn't scoot fast enough. He was DT'd and that was the last time I have seen him online. Do you really think that is a fair and just punishment? I use that as an example because it wasn't a Nihilum member getting punished so hopefully nobody will accuse me of being biased.

There are no "rights" here, the staff can do what they want. They don't need any cause to ban anyone. If they wanted certain individuals gone I wish they'd just ban them and be done with it so we can move on with our EQ lives.

I know I'm really reaching here. I'm hoping people can see through the RD vs Nihilum nonsense and look at this from a purely human perspective.

Do you believe it is fair and just to lose hundreds of hours of work on a character because you killed someone naked on CR? Forget if you agree or disagree with the rule. Forget which side you're on. Forget who killed who. Answer honestly, is that fair?

Why can't we put in a system where PVP PNP violators first receive a 24 hour "warning" suspension, followed by a week suspension on a second offense? On subsequent offenses they can receive one month suspensions. I'd honestly prefer a system where even the biggest scum can log in and mess with people once a month over them losing their character permanently.

Nirgon
01-03-2014, 10:45 PM
Corpse camping and not letting players CR was not allowed on RZ. Glad to see its not allowed here.

Technique
01-03-2014, 10:49 PM
Thanks for demonstrating exactly why the pnp is needed.Because people (in the aforementioned instance, one of your members) are helpless idiots.

k9quaint
01-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Because people (in the aforementioned instance, one of your members) are helpless idiots.

Sounds like you are the helpless one. The rules are simple and straightforward. Follow them. If people like you could read and comprehend, the GMs would not have needed to drop the hammer like this. Instead, we are saddled with a rule-set that is enforceable because the previous one was abused and ignored by toxic players/guilds.

Don't like the rules? Create your own EQEMU server. You and 20 other people can try to grief each other off of it.

Once the toxicity has been purged, the GMs might relax things a bit. Until then, I hope they ban those who think their petty slights are more important than the health of the server.

Nirgon
01-03-2014, 11:05 PM
We tried this corpse camping shit at Zlandicar for sure and the GMs pulled their corpses, rezzed them and sent us back to our binds. Anti-PnP shit ain't allowed. Neither was constantly attacking someone for an hour on end.

Players also definitely got suspended for corpse camping and training.

Technique
01-03-2014, 11:13 PM
It wasn't technically allowed, but it was not enforced unless it was a VERY extreme case.Yeah, it's one thing for some dicks to perch on a pile of your bodies, chasing you from zone to zone all the way back to your bind for hours on end, but I'm practically gobsmacked that people honestly believe they should be entitled to safe passage to recover their corpses even while fighting is still going on all around them.Sounds like you are the helpless one. The rules are simple and straightforward.The problem is the rules are too simple. At best they're insufficient (and at worst, counterintuitive) for governing several scenarios that've already been described in other recent threads. Anyone who maintains otherwise is too simple themselves.

It's bad enough that the staff have allowed an inadequate policy to stand without any further revisions or clarifications (despite claiming that they were forthcoming (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1239000&postcount=112)), but to actively suspend and/or ban players for "violating" it is shameful.

freez
01-04-2014, 01:21 AM
Everyone wants everything tailored to them now its sickning.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/strong-lolololol.gif

hahaahhahahaahahahha

Clark
01-04-2014, 02:27 AM
Corpse camping and not letting players CR was not allowed on RZ. Glad to see its not allowed here.

What the HECK are you talking about. I corpse camped the crap out of people on Rallos Zek for sooo many years!!

HippoNipple
01-04-2014, 02:30 AM
What the HECK are you talking about. I corpse camped the crap out of people on Rallos Zek for sooo many years!!

PKs were swarmed on RZ by teams of anti pk jackasses. No one ever corpse camped people for hours. Item loot also helped mitigate this because PKs were quickly found out and chased from zones.

DrRoach
01-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Thanks for demonstrating exactly why the pnp is needed.

during raid pvp it was always considere proper to wait till a victor was declared before coming back for your corpse. that way you avoid being killed again and youdont have naked people throwing out heals, buffs, nukes. heartbrand you are a bluebie so stop commenting on pnp when it corncerns a pvp server. sirken and some players here played during classic on pvp live servers.

if mass pvp happens in ferrott because ct is spawning you really think you should be able to scoot to fear? i see exactly what you're trying to do ands its fucking disgusting. its one troll after another with you guys.

DrRoach
01-04-2014, 08:24 PM

if you die in mass pvp you should wait till its over to try and recover your corpse. thats commn fucking sense,

Labanen
01-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Grats on the kills.

Sektor
01-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Grats on the kills.

ruban always classy good luck pal

Slathar
01-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Yeah, it's one thing for some dicks to perch on a pile of your bodies, chasing you from zone to zone all the way back to your bind for hours on end, but I'm practically gobsmacked that people honestly believe they should be entitled to safe passage to recover their corpses even while fighting is still going on all around them.The problem is the rules are too simple. At best they're insufficient (and at worst, counterintuitive) for governing several scenarios that've already been described in other recent threads. Anyone who maintains otherwise is too simple themselves.

It's bad enough that the staff have allowed an inadequate policy to stand without any further revisions or clarifications (despite claiming that they were forthcoming (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1239000&postcount=112)), but to actively suspend and/or ban players for "violating" it is shameful.

Do you do anything but bash the GM volunteers that dedicate their free time to help you enjoy this free server? You seem pretty miserable playing here. Maybe you should quit.

Bazia
01-04-2014, 10:58 PM
Who the fuck is this Hateraid faggot, quickly approaching runlvlzero status

Rellapse36
01-04-2014, 11:45 PM

he passed runlvlzero weeks ago at least runlvlzero sometimes is funny

Gaffin 3.0
01-04-2014, 11:59 PM

lol

Ames who?
01-05-2014, 12:18 AM

Interested in killing Dragons with a fresh crew of players excited about Norrath, dedicated to a clean style of play and mutual progression? Check out Red Dawn (http://reddawnguild.com).

http://i.imgur.com/VZ88Pdo.gif

Ames who?
01-05-2014, 12:19 AM

freez
01-05-2014, 04:43 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/strong-lolololol.gif

@ hateraid attention hoe

freez
01-05-2014, 05:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DIhR11j.gif

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s492/steve_cook411/funny-gif-Ed-ONeil-laughing.gif

Bamz4l
01-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Everyone wants everything tailored to them now its sickning.

too funny

k9quaint
01-06-2014, 12:37 PM

More dragons dead. Red Dawn having fun, getting pixels and levels. Another piece of bronze armor banked!

Nirgon
01-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Red Dawn
Bronze Sunset