PDA

View Full Version : Boycott of Multiquest prices

Velerin
01-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Bored and hungover at work and was thinking about this idea.

MQ is classic. I like it in certain instances. It's good to be able to hook someone up with one of those rare spawns rather than rotting. It was done back in the day.
The level that it happens here for pp is just crazy though. It's very often difficult to try some of these quests the real way because the MQ pieces are permacamped. I rarely have ever seen here "Soandso shouts 'epic piece rotting at xx camp if anyone needs'" Here people roll on it and sell for exorbitant prices. (I do think some of this greed spawns from people needing pp to pay the high end guilds for any epic piece they permafarm, trickle-down greed)

What if as a server we could figure out a way to change this culture? Stop paying crazy prices for things that would normally just rot? Maybe with the raid scene changing the epic pieces off raid mobs will be more accessible? If people don't need 600k to buy some piece they are less likely to gouge the little guy for 10k for some commonly dropped quest item?
What if instead of selling rogue epic MQs, those same guys maybe just sold General killing services? Lets people still quest themselves but can purchase the hard part if they want the easy way and can't gather people?

Swish
01-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Been boycotting for 3 years already. Earn your own pixels pals, far more rewarding ;)

Rhambuk
01-03-2014, 01:42 PM
There are always going to be people that want to cut corners and take shortcuts, if this mentality worked there would be no rmt etc etc etc.

swish much better sig, but not as good as wonka

Swish
01-03-2014, 01:44 PM
There are always going to be people that want to cut corners and take shortcuts, if this mentality worked there would be no rmt etc etc etc.

swish much better sig, but not as good as wonka

One more time just for Rhambuk then ;)

http://i.imgur.com/hVDSOK3.gif

You're right, some people can't resist the urge to get their credit cards out... I don't get it. I'd rather eat heathily and have no cash to satisfy my pixel lust.

drakelord
01-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Do people currently have the option of getting their epics and such though without MQing? Isn't that part of what this whole raid rule debacle is about?

Rhambuk
01-03-2014, 02:02 PM
yeah, join tmo raid long enough to earn the piece you need and they'll give it to you.

Swish
01-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Do people currently have the option of getting their epics and such though without MQing? Isn't that part of what this whole raid rule debacle is about?

Yes but within the ones that are possible...people get lazy. Some would rather spend 90k on a cleric epic than quest a cleric epic. I don't get it.

falkun
01-03-2014, 02:04 PM
I've boycotted epic MQs for 2 years now. Pretty little red and white scales...

Rhambuk
01-03-2014, 02:06 PM
I've boycotted epic MQs for 2 years now. Pretty little red and white scales...

If you get your Ring of Scale faction high enough Gorenaire gives you a quest with a white scale reward.

skipdog
01-03-2014, 02:13 PM
How is farming for long enough to afford an MQ, a lack of effort? That's a lot of farming...

I'll never understand that argument. To me, it makes no sense to state that it is being 'lazy' to buy an MQ.

Rhambuk
01-03-2014, 02:17 PM
yeah id say spending 100+ farming hillgiants is far from lazy.

but its definitely not in the spirit.

drakelord
01-03-2014, 02:22 PM
It's not lazy at all. If anything, it's anti-social. But I can understand why people wouldn't want to join TMO or something just for an epic.

August
01-03-2014, 02:23 PM
It's also not 'in the spirit' when there are people that go and farm the limited access pieces in order to MQ them.

I have probably pinged 20+ raids that are in pofear asking if i can join in and help out on my enc or shaman and be able to loot a tear if it drops. There is ALWAYS someone there that either a) needs it (respectable) or b) someone farming them for MQ purposes.

I have limited time to play. It's easier for me to pay 25k for the tear. Not to mention I already farmed the faction / did the quest legitimately up to the hole. *shrug*

Velerin
01-03-2014, 02:24 PM
I think a big part of the problem here is many times you can't do the proper quest because MQ farmers block it, thus you're forced to farm HGs for xx hours to buy it.

Nuggie
01-03-2014, 02:27 PM
How is farming for long enough to afford an MQ, a lack of effort? That's a lot of farming...

I'll never understand that argument. To me, it makes no sense to state that it is being 'lazy' to buy an MQ.

Not really. Two good rolls on choice kunark loot and you have it.

drktmplr12
01-03-2014, 02:59 PM
The idea is that MQ should be used only if necessary. Its become the norm. ZERO reason why a monk should have to roll against the group on a pipe in chardok. ZERO.

And an epic quest stage is not meant be: a) get lucky on 2 rolls on choice loot in kunark or b) kill 500 hill giants.

Its meant to be: hunt this uncommon thing, and loot its precious so you can move onto the next part.

Sad to know i'm just spinning my wheels explaining this.

radditsu
01-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Mq prices are too damn high!

Swish
01-03-2014, 03:12 PM
I have limited time to play. It's easier for me to pay 25k for the tear. Not to mention I already farmed the faction / did the quest legitimately up to the hole. *shrug*

Maybe I don't do enough seafuries... but how are you making 25k and "not having time" to get to a Fear raid for a tear? :/

SamwiseRed
01-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Mqing epics is against the vision as stated by brad. Not sure why it's on p99

Daldaen
01-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Not really. Two good rolls on choice kunark loot and you have it.

That depends on the epic. Shaman, Cleric, Rogue... Sure

Magician... Necromancer... Druid... Wizard. Unless those choice loots are prenerf fungi staves, no.

RBG, SBC, Fungi, T Staff. Those are what, 120k-50k?

Then look at what TMO is charging for certain epic pieces:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110331&highlight=Seawater - lol 1.1 million for ranger/Druid epic
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119673&highlight=Slime - lol, 950k for necro epic, 500k for half of wizard epic, 500k for half of warrior epic, oh look Druid/ranger epic is down to only 800k

Two choice rolls. Not really...

Really want Velious epic changes to come soon. Kill the gouging on wizard and Druid/ranger epics. Velious planar changes to cut down magician and necro epics would be fantastic too.

Rhambuk
01-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Maybe I don't do enough seafuries... but how are you making 25k and "not having time" to get to a Fear raid for a tear? :/

all it takes is a lucky roll in a seb group, torpor...jbb...

with some luck you could get 50k in an hour just exping in seb

August
01-03-2014, 04:39 PM

Like I said - i try to go up when other groups are up there to play - i don't have a group of friends that are fear capable. I have played on this server for ~3 years on and off, sometimes taking long breaks due to IRL stuff. I would love it if when i got on for my 2-3 hours of playtime, I could ping a group in fear and tag along. It just hasn't worked out for the reasons I already listed (someone is there who needs it / someone is there to wants to loot it to sell for MQ).

Also, I have a 60 enchanter with a HS key. Making 25k solo is not that hard if you have 2-3 hours to go and camp something that other people are too afraid to try.