PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: rez bug?

slydexx
07-31-2010, 02:57 AM
Died in solb earlier tonight, ran back to my corpse and sat at the zone in for about 20 minutes before I got a cleric to do a rez.
The cleric could not rez my corpse, he said the corpse was too old to be rezzed.
I had only been dead 20 minutes, anyway I logged out there and hopefully this can be fixed.
Character was kimchi
Thanks

zahlia
07-31-2010, 06:37 AM
I tried to rez someone this evening in Oasis. The corpse was less than half an hour old, both by the player's own recollection and the message I received when I conned it. Nevertheless, it appeared "too old" to be resurrected. (I tried anyway, but that was 700 mana wasted. Bristlebane got quite an earful from a devoted but perturbed little gnome.) I asked the player if he had died to a mob, and not to a duel, and he replied that he had died to "the environment". He said he had lost exp. I recommended that he petition, and I assume he did, but I thought it might be worth posting here too. Thanks for all the hard work, dev team.

Striiker
07-31-2010, 09:44 AM
I also ex,perienced a Rez bug. This happened in Sol B. I was in Sol A and got a nasty DOT and was at low health. I wound up zoning to Sol B where I died after zoning about 10 seconds later. I managed to track down a cleric a while later and got a Rez for another corpse in Sol A. He zoned to Sol B and cast his Rez. I got the message and accepted.. When I zoned to Sol B I received no experience. (I know because I noted my experience percent prior to the Rez). I assume this is due to the fact that I died in a zone which had no record of what killed me?
I petitioned and never heard back.

Reiker
07-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Usually if you die from a dot outside of the zone you first got it you don't lose exp in the first place.

Kreigore
08-06-2010, 11:33 AM
I tried to rez someone this evening in Oasis. The corpse was less than half an hour old, both by the player's own recollection and the message I received when I conned it. Nevertheless, it appeared "too old" to be resurrected. (I tried anyway, but that was 700 mana wasted. Bristlebane got quite an earful from a devoted but perturbed little gnome.) I asked the player if he had died to a mob, and not to a duel, and he replied that he had died to "the environment". He said he had lost exp. I recommended that he petition, and I assume he did, but I thought it might be worth posting here too. Thanks for all the hard work, dev team.

That was me. :)

Thanks again for running out to Oasis in an attempt to resurrect me. I submitted a petition on these forums and in-game as well. I was never contacted regarding the issue.

I ended up logging off for the night (assuming I'd keep my res timer from moving if it was corrected). I got back the next day and started grinding experience and I ended up looting the corpse eventually after I had been online for over 3 hours.

Regardless, I hope the issue gets resolved.

mmiles8
08-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Rogean: Changed the 7 minute rez timer to now only apply to exp-less corpses.

It has been

Lazortag
08-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Uh, it's not resolved. If you die really far away from your bind point, even if you didn't lose exp, it is a bug that is causing you not to lose exp and to not be rezzed. When you die to a DOT in a zone different from where it was cast, that shouldn't be the same as if you died in a duel or to your own manastone or something. So it's not fair because you can't use the other effect of rez (aka: being able to teleport to your corpse) when you otherwise should be able to.