PDA

View Full Version : NO PLAN COULD EVER TAKE INTO ACCOUNT GUILD SIZE OR ALTS OR GUILD SWITCHING!!!!

heazels
01-03-2014, 05:24 AM
You just have to not be a dick and try to play nice or no raid plan will work. So please stop saying these are reasons not to do x or y plan. Its just restarted to say that.

fastboy21
01-03-2014, 06:47 AM
No simple plan anyways. The server has tried the "don't be dick" version of the rules...it fails.

Would be nice if it were this simple though.

Swish
01-03-2014, 06:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/hX8zg44.gif

alaiwy0503
01-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Leave it to swish to bring the funny gifs!

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Don't be a dick seems to work. The problem is the goal wasn't stopping people from being dicks, it was to force people willing to put X effort to cave to the demands of people only willing to put in X-Y (where Y is non negative) effort.

Ravager
01-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Don't be a dick seems to work. The problem is the goal wasn't stopping people from being dicks, it was to force people willing to put X effort to cave to the demands of people only willing to put in X-Y (where Y is non negative) effort.

I think the don't be a dick part would have given the people you think unwilling to put in more effort more incentive to put in more effort since they wouldn't have to worry about wasting their time because of FTE snipes, DA stall tanking, mob kiting, training and leapfrogging.

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 12:10 PM
I think the don't be a dick part would have given the people you think unwilling to put in more effort more incentive to put in more effort since they wouldn't have to worry about wasting their time because of FTE snipes, DA stall tanking, mob kiting, training and leapfrogging.

The rules were FTE. People complied with the rules in the most efficient manner likely to see them to success of their effort. Some people just didn't like that level of effort.

Training was and is against the rules, if people trained on purpose they should be two week suspended (IP and account ban) first time, two month ban and char stripped naked second time.

Ravager
01-03-2014, 12:17 PM
The rules were FTE. People complied with the rules in the most efficient manner likely to see them to success of their effort. Some people just didn't like that level of effort.

Training was and is against the rules, if people trained on purpose they should be two week suspended (IP and account ban) first time, two month ban and char stripped naked second time.

Doesn't address the leapfrogging, which I would argue takes less effort since you're letting the other guild do the work of clearing for you. Most trains are "accidental" too, as a result of the leapfrogging and getting someone actually punished for making the train seems to be far more work than actually training on purpose, which would probably exlpain their frequency.

I'm starting to think that the guilds don't want to put in the effort for the other guild.

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Doesn't address the leapfrogging, which I would argue takes less effort since you're letting the other guild do the work of clearing for you. Most trains are "accidental" too, as a result of the leapfrogging and getting someone actually punished for making the train seems to be far more work than actually training on purpose, which would probably exlpain their frequency.

I'm starting to think that the guilds don't want to put in the effort for the other guild.

No it doesn't but leapfrogging without a train is not against the rules therefore its permissable.

Ravager
01-03-2014, 12:27 PM
No it doesn't but leapfrogging without a train is not against the rules therefore its permissable.

Whether it's permissable or not doesn't mean it's not a dick move.

Rhambuk
01-03-2014, 12:29 PM
No simple plan anyways. The server has tried the "don't be dick" version of the rules...it fails.

Would be nice if it were this simple though.

new rule, Being a dick is a perma ban.

id support it!

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Whether it's permissable or not doesn't mean it's not a dick move.

Everyone goes into it knowing the rules. I've leapfrogged and I've been leapfrogged. No one should be assuming they won't be.

Ravager
01-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Everyone goes into it knowing the rules. I've leapfrogged and I've been leapfrogged. No one should be assuming they won't be.

I'm not saying it's against the rules. I'm saying it's being a dick. It's not against the law to sleep with my best friend's girlfriend, but it sure as hell would be a dick thing to do.

If people could agree to not be a dick, then a lot of this stuff would sort itself out. But that won't happen, so here we are.

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 12:57 PM
I'm not saying it's against the rules. I'm saying it's being a dick. It's not against the law to sleep with my best friend's girlfriend, but it sure as hell would be a dick thing to do.

If people could agree to not be a dick, then a lot of this stuff would sort itself out. But that won't happen, so here we are.

That will never happen. People will compete for scarce resources up to the point of negative consequences. You would need to fundamentally change human nature and that hasn't happened in history regardless of the real world consequences including death against people who did what the powers that be disliked.

heazels
01-03-2014, 05:28 PM
You just have to not be a dick and try to play nice or no raid plan will work. So please stop saying these are reasons not to do x or y plan. Its just restarted to say that.

^