PDA

View Full Version : Killed p1999 or not

ppdanny
01-03-2014, 04:27 AM
So several things are afoot right now.. and while people seem to be trying to work out solutions to an end problem; maybe we should look at root cause. Since TMO bans / raid suspension happened we have seen an increase in server population.

The root of all of this however comes to greed. TMO is not guilty in this alone. We are guilty as a server.

I've been in group in hand room in KC with a monk.. and pawbuster spawns and we pull and kill it. Group insists on rolling for the pip which the monk needs for said epic. I, the cleric, won roll and gave up my loot right to the monk. That was also when I left the group and I will never group with those 4 people again. This extends to raids.. if something is rotting that guilds cant sell and mains dont need.. they either loot for MQ to sell or delete the drop - rather than pass off to perhaps someone in another guild who might need (I never MQd in live, and never had to pay an obscene amount of money to loot an epic piece that was just going to rot anyways).

I guess a partial fix to this would be to completely stop all MQ's all together, then impose some play nice policy about deleting loot..etc... which of course means CS staff would have to monitor drops and what happens with them etc.

A second problem is this having alts everywhere BS. Which this would take a 2 part fix:
a) don't allow any zones with raid encounters allow players to be bound there
b) any player that logs into a zone with a spawned raid mob - automatically gets ported to "safe" area of neighboring zone.

I have probably overlooked some loopholes that can be exploited in these, and in the cases of plane of hate, players can be sent to EC or something. This means guilds have to be more competitive and use tactics (within play nice policy of course).. as in first come first serve, no training.. etc.

fastboy21
01-03-2014, 04:33 AM
The root of all of this however comes to greed. TMO is not guilty in this alone. We are guilty as a server.

Speak for yourself. I am not greedy. The issues on this server are not my fault in any way.

The GMs are handling this very well. The server will be even better in a few weeks when all this has been settled and the solution is in play. It will be even more awesome when we can enjoy Velious, from its launch, with these issues already put to bed.

Don't go blaming the whole server.

odiecat99
01-03-2014, 04:37 AM
owned

Hinshi Budou
01-03-2014, 04:54 AM
Speak for yourself. I am not greedy. The issues on this server are not my fault in any way.

The GMs are handling this very well. The server will be even better in a few weeks when all this has been settled and the solution is in play. It will be even more awesome when we can enjoy Velious, from its launch, with these issues already put to bed.

Don't go blaming the whole server.

This ^

applesauce25r624
01-03-2014, 04:55 AM
I will never group with those 4 people again

name those 4 assholes, please

meson
01-03-2014, 05:07 AM
name those 4 assholes, please

Seen this happen myself, disgusting.

JayN
01-03-2014, 05:13 AM
kids like yourself go back to school soon from winter break; dont worry pop will drop back down. Plus once the non-hardcore raid for a month or two theyll burn out and all this shit will be over.

Shit If/once Velious comes out everything going on here will be even more moot.

heazels
01-03-2014, 05:35 AM
So several things are afoot right now.. and while people seem to be trying to work out solutions to an end problem; maybe we should look at root cause. Since TMO bans / raid suspension happened we have seen an increase in server population.

I've been in group in hand room in KC with a monk.. and pawbuster spawns and we pull and kill it. Group insists on rolling for the pip which the monk needs for said epic. I, the cleric, won roll and gave up my loot right to the monk. That was also when I left the group and I will never group with those 4 people again. This extends to raids.. if something is rotting that guilds cant sell and mains dont need.. they either loot for MQ to sell or delete the drop - rather than pass off to perhaps someone in another guild who might need (I never MQd in live, and never had to pay an obscene amount of money to loot an epic piece that was just going to rot anyways).

I guess a partial fix to this would be to completely stop all MQ's all together, then impose some play nice policy about deleting loot..etc... which of course means CS staff would have to monitor drops and what happens with them etc.

A second problem is this having alts everywhere BS. Which this would take a 2 part fix:
a) don't allow any zones with raid encounters allow players to be bound there
b) any player that logs into a zone with a spawned raid mob - automatically gets ported to "safe" area of neighboring zone.

I have probably overlooked some loopholes that can be exploited in these, and in the cases of plane of hate, players can be sent to EC or something. This means guilds have to be more competitive and use tactics (within play nice policy of course).. as in first come first serve, no training.. etc.

I bet you would roll on topor if it dropped in your group and the shamie needed it.

meson
01-03-2014, 05:46 AM
Why is Torpor 100k+ to begin with? That shit ain't classic!

heazels
01-03-2014, 05:47 AM

there wasnt 100,000 shaman alts in classic either. Everyone and their grandma has one.

Swish
01-03-2014, 06:22 AM
OP is completely right, and its nice to read a post from someone who isn't selling out to how much plat is in his bank. Most of the replies highlight what he's talking about.

Tecmos Deception
01-03-2014, 07:04 AM
OP is completely right, and its nice to read a post from someone who isn't selling out to how much plat is in his bank. Most of the replies highlight what he's talking about.

There's a difference between being a greedy asshole and simply NOT being Mother Teresa.

In the context of p99, an greedy player would KS a mob, force his way in on a camp he's interested in by citing PnP to the group already there, keep items he was accidentally traded in the tunnel, roll on a MQ someone in his group needs, etc. A player who is simply not 100% charitable, though, wouldn't do any of those things. But he also wouldn't tend to give up his camp to someone else just because, give away all of his items/plat to noobs, or spend every minute of online time PLing the poor and downtrodden out of the goodness of his heart.

Gnomersy
01-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Terrible argument tecmos. Sensationalize more brah. No one said anything to the extreme you are referencing.

Hawala
01-03-2014, 12:11 PM
I guess a partial fix to this would be to completely stop all MQ's all together

Rhambuk
01-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Can't stop it. you could stop all mqs and then it turns into selling loot right.

Theres a way around nearly everything and people will find it

Hawala
01-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Can't stop it. you could stop all mqs and then it turns into selling loot right.

That's like saying "If you make murder illegal, people are going to kill anyways".

I don't think it could possibly hurt to just yank out all MQ code. Plus it would be easy.

heazels
01-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Also according to your argument everything should be handed to people if its an upgrade before the group rolls on it. What If the monk already had his epic and it was bagged? you dont know people. Thus was born the conundrum. Some people on live would need an item they need/would use when eq first started it was need before greed. But then some greedmongers would abuse this and say they needed stuff when they really didnt, so people stopped being nice about it or worrying about what people in the group had on. Either way the loot rules should be set up before your group starts. If you are waiting to do need before greed you need to set it straight with your group before loot drops otherwise it is expected to always be greed roles. Don't fault the server for something the monk should of done when he joined the group. All it takes is...

monk, "Hey guys im really only here for my epic piece, mind if I get it if it drops"

group, "sure man, np"

heazels
01-03-2014, 12:16 PM

The only flaw in that is, its harder to sell items that decay in 6 min, not everyone wants to wait around all day for a drop

Hawala
01-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Also according to your argument everything should be handed to people if its an upgrade before the group rolls on it. What If the monk already had his epic and it was bagged? you dont know people. Thus was born the conundrum. Some people on live would need an item they need/would use when eq first started it was need before greed. But then some greedmongers would abuse this and say they needed stuff when they really didnt, so people stopped being nice about it or worrying about what people in the group had on. Either way the loot rules should be set up before your group starts. If you are waiting to do need before greed you need to set it straight with your group before loot drops otherwise it is expected to always be greed roles. Don't fault the server for something the monk should of done when he joined the group. All it takes is...

monk, "Hey guys im really only here for my epic piece, mind if I get it if it drops"

group, "sure man, np"

Hey, it sounds like getting rid of MQ would totally end this dilemma.

Messianic
01-03-2014, 12:19 PM
What the hell do you mean by "greed"?

You mean desiring a state of affairs that is better than where you're currently at using the currently existing rule structure?

You mean "progress"?

Daldaen
01-03-2014, 12:21 PM
Yea the MQ sales are far more prevalent here than they were on any other server. Likely a product of a 3 year Kunark. But there are people on this server who have sold 10+ cleric epic MQs and 30+ rogue epic MQs and 10+ Child tears/shaman epic MQs. One or two here and there I'm sure happened back then. But making it the cornerstone of your personal money making, not so much.

I don't mean to dig into the rogue or cleric or shaman epic farmers either. But I do miss the days when stuff would get called rotting and not looted for a 50k MQ price tag. Or where you were waiting on a camp for your cleric epic from another cleric... Not a monk or a Druid.

ppdanny
01-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Want your chardok pipe as a monk, buy it for 9k MQ, or go buy it for 5k from 24/7 aoe groups.

Argh
01-03-2014, 01:04 PM
...Since TMO bans / raid suspension happened we have seen an increase in server population.

People continue to regurgitate this. The ban also happened a week before christmas/winter break started for most people, which I'm suuure had nothing to do with the increased population.

Gnomersy
01-03-2014, 01:18 PM
People continue to regurgitate this. The ban also happened a week before christmas/winter break started for most people, which I'm suuure had nothing to do with the increased population.

Lol. I know quite a few of you are unfamiliar with the way a job works but let me break it down for you. Christmas and New Years fell on Wednesday this year. So unless you have a kushy Gov't most of us got 2-3 days off. You would have made a better argument with accrediting the bad weather across the US to more play time than this. A game who's main player base is gamers during 1999 EQ looking for a nostalgic experience. Thus one could safely assume most players at this point are contributing members of society and not a high schooler on "winter break". So argument is /fail

Gnomersy
01-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Government job*

Galelor
01-03-2014, 03:16 PM

It was 10-15k on live Xegony when I was trying to get it. That was a TON of money back then though.