PDA

View Full Version : Pally solo spots?

dethbringre
01-02-2014, 10:48 PM
I've managed to hit 45 and farmed up some decent gear and I've noticed that xp spots has started to become a little sparce for solo. Any suggestions on places to solo mid 40s? I've got my DW helm for heals and its going good so far, just a bit slow.

I'm currently doing DBs in MM, is there anything better at these levels?

JayN
01-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Lowerguk sir, Smite those ghoul bastards; it is possible to get to like 57, although its not advised... Make sure to get your free heal helm

Rhambuk
01-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Grade A sig bro

Sorry but I don't help paladins. :(

dethbringre
01-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Yeah I need to go back to lguk, I think there are slightly less caster mobs there than in MM :(

Arteker
01-02-2014, 11:01 PM
From some psycho wich soloed his paladin to lvl 60 in this server .

from 45 to 49 u can prety much easily solo in COM, but bare in mind there will be lots of soloers aswell, mainly shaman twinks .

Other area to solo at 45 is the hall to lord , u can solo there aslong u can deal with the casters and keep the roamer down . this can keep u busy till 51 -2 depends .

MasterKiljaedon
01-02-2014, 11:31 PM
There are quite a few spots I did on my trek solo from 1-60. Captain Latori is a low hp warrior level 40 skeleton, D'Unnar is also a easy necromancer just load all your stuns and his low hp melts fast in neriak. Razran F'Lok in neriak is another easy caster.

Grobb guards will take you to 53 and are easy for a paladin. Saxarivza Zexus in East Freeport is a easy to kill priest. Shiel Glimmerspindle is an easy mob to kill with low hp for her level but beware of qeynos faction hit. Clockwork torturer i also killed in Ak'anon. The monk in HHK level 45 that hits weak and only has 1700 hp will take you to 60 stays deep blue. Lots of stuff to kill ;D.

Honestly imo you want casters.. Paladin's excel at soloing low hp casters imo more efficiently then using undead nukes. The fact that Nilbog used an already established chart for data mining stats of npc's in vanilla eq leaves plenty of places to kill overcon mobs.

Daldaen
01-02-2014, 11:46 PM
10-30 = Unrest
30-52 = LGuk
52-60 = Karnor's

Paladins solo fest plan.

Tuljin
01-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Caster mobs are definitely the way to go with paladin - the low paladin DPS sucks against mobs with high HP and you have to burn a bunch of mana healing (and still barely kill the mob)

With lulls, LOS rooting, stun, and sword-and-board, caster mobs should only come out one at a time and shouldn't really cast anything. If they're undead mobs that you can nuke and fear you'll move the xp bar just fine =)

Swish
01-03-2014, 03:15 PM
I'd stay out of Kunark as much as possible, particularly before the early 50s.

Old world mobs = less HP

I know of a certain paladin who enjoyed spending time in Lower Guk on red. Long fights he said, but doable! :)

Messianic
01-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Old world mobs = less HP

This is true only in a limited number of cases and sometimes the opposite is true. I've done a lot of testing using actual hp/level data and grinding a ton of different alts. There are specific mobs which have some strange amount of hp or hit particularly harder, but often that's just because of their class (Osargen in HK being a rogue hits really hard but has low hp, war boned skels in LOIO tend to hit a bit harder and triple/quad attack but lower hp). One of the really annoying things in Kunark are shaman mobs who have as much hp as the warrior mobs. It's completely useless for my monk or ranger to attempt to solo blue shaman mobs - even those on the cusp of light blue.

One of the notable instances is Bloodgill goblins. I figured that out in retrospect because they were so darn easy to quad kite and be FM before repops, then eventually found their hp/level data in a file that used to be readily available on the old silversandbox page before the wiki. They trend one level higher than specs (34-38 IIRC instead of 33-37), don't have special abilities, and have 400ish less hp.

HGs are kind of a unique case obviously, but they have more hp and hit harder than kunark mobs of the same level. Sometimes i've found it flat easier to kill kunark mobs of the same level when recording hp lost per fight.

Anecdotally on live, I found soloing on my monk 55+ much easier in the old world. Maybe that's some AC/Atk value that doesn't translate to p99 or just availability of 40ish warrior mobs.

dethbringre
01-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Thanks for all the info! I think I'll try out some of the evil city guards :)

dethbringre
01-05-2014, 01:04 AM
Anyone else know of some undercon caster mobs for mid-upper 40s and beyond? Looking to build a good list of mobs I can solo when not grouping :)

kalderon
01-05-2014, 04:11 AM
Hope you have a fungi while soloing, dw helm helps a little but is a 10sec cast time now.

Xelris
01-05-2014, 04:32 AM
Anyone else know of some undercon caster mobs for mid-upper 40s and beyond? Looking to build a good list of mobs I can solo when not grouping :)

You want overcons, not undercons.

derpcake
01-05-2014, 07:31 AM

I used to solo the 2 wizard dudes in neriak. 3rd gate iirc, way in the back somewhere, on ground level. Its a small bridge (?) leading into the building, one of the two spawns roams onto this bridge.

Safe camp with two 6 minute spawns, guys are about the same as HHK nobles but casters obviously. Lot lower hp but bit more bursty unless feared / stunned / resists.

If you want the info I can make a newb DE and find the spot again :p

Rhambuk
01-05-2014, 08:31 AM

KC, howling stones which could be tricky with some living mobs.

TanDemain
01-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Qeynos Catacombs - the specter-guards (4 of them)

Rhambuk
01-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Qeynos Catacombs - the specter-guards (4 of them)

Nice call, Nice call!

MasterKiljaedon
01-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Honestly spectre cave is probably your best bet. Undead fear makes soloing there so effective. Also master the art of jousting if you really are serious about soloing to 60 as a pally. Only reason karnor is decent is the ease of buffs you can get in the zone.

dethbringre
01-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Yeah i need to check in on those spectres at Qeynos those sound pretty good!

webrunner5
01-05-2014, 12:08 PM
I know they are not Undead, but the Yeti Caves in Dreadland are pretty good XP solo at your level.