PDA

View Full Version : Why not FFA for raids?

Rail
01-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Why not allow guilds to fight the same mob at the same time and see what team gets the kill? Free for all!

Allow any number of guilds AND groups to compete at killing the content. None of this F2E nonsense, or play nice BS. Whoever gets the winning kill gets to distribute loot as they see fit.

This is END GAME content... We should not have to wait in line like the DMV for our chance to PLAY the game... With no risk? With sanctioned hand holding? With raid points? The fun in EQ has always been the slot machine like spawn/loot mechanics, random rewards = more excitement.

What this means is, the largest raid force is not guaranteed the raid kill... but they have a greater chance.
Any group that does significant damage to raid target has a chance to get the loot.

I just don't understand why everyone needs their hands held and to take turns? And why grown men scream and cry about this being THEIR target and loot.

Man up, best group wins.. let there be 200 people killing Trakanon. There is no harm in a wild fight.

This is the only solution that will make the game enjoyable and competitive at the same time.

Thoughts and Flames?

Messianic
01-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Someone should make a guild devoted to having 50+ active raiders who are all wizards or magicians.

Ele
01-02-2014, 04:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/t2sMU8W.jpg

Gnomersy
01-02-2014, 04:55 PM
Cmonnn can't actually think this is good. 6wizard groups galore. A group of 6 random unguilded wizards could KS a mob, who never had the resources to drop it in the first place.

baalzy
01-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Cause this becomes a DPS-fest and therefore all kills go to the people who already have got all the kills in the past. Best ratio weapons, highest haste and maxed out str is going to win every time.

Allows 0 chance for up and comers to compete.

Either that or first group of 6 wizards to start casting will win.

That's not competing, thats stupid.

fastboy21
01-02-2014, 04:57 PM
it isn't even a dps race between guilds...it would be about forming dps hit squid groups.

Rail
01-02-2014, 05:01 PM
It would be random... it would be chaotic...
By resources you mean warm bodies? It doesn't take any skill to 50 man kill Trak, it would take significant skill for a group of "unguilded" wizards (Like it matters if they are part of a corporation) to kill steal Trak.

The best dressed do not have to win.

The 6 man wizard groups would duel it out... but they don't need the best gear to win either.

People without the huge Numbers of guildies would have a chance to PLAY content that is monopolized by large corporations of players.

Maybe the large guilds would devise a winning strategy?
Maybe a random group kill steals the raid target randomly?

WHO CARES, IT WILL RESPAWN IN 7 DAYS, TRY AGAIN!

baalzy
01-02-2014, 05:08 PM
It would be random... it would be chaotic...
By resources you mean warm bodies? It doesn't take any skill to 50 man kill Trak, it would take significant skill for a group of "unguilded" wizards (Like it matters if they are part of a corporation) to kill steal Trak.

The best dressed do not have to win.

The 6 man wizard groups would duel it out... but they don't need the best gear to win either.

People without the huge Numbers of guildies would have a chance to PLAY content that is monopolized by large corporations of players.

Maybe the large guilds would devise a winning strategy?
Maybe a random group kill steals the raid target randomly?

WHO CARES, IT WILL RESPAWN IN 7 DAYS, TRY AGAIN!

With 100 people all attacking trak simultaneously. I almost doubt he'd live long enough for those 6 wizards to complete their first casting.

whitebandit
01-02-2014, 05:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/t2sMU8W.jpg

Best placed Zoidberg.

Rail
01-02-2014, 05:50 PM
With 100 people all attacking trak simultaneously. I almost doubt he'd live long enough for those 6 wizards to complete their first casting.

So what is the winning Strategy?
Not as straight forward as it initially sounds...

You really think 100 people will be there? Guilds that camp out and wait for the spawn will still have more success then random people clamoring into the zone.

Trak does not stay up for more then 10 minutes already.
BUT, if two guilds had 30 people camped out. RACE IS ON!

And just MAYBE, they would BOTH FAIL! At which time, PUG has time to form and mobilize.

Allowing a greater percentage of the player base to feel involved in a game they all love equally.

drktmplr12
01-02-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm pretty sure this was already happening.

And anyone who is seriously discussing this should stop.

Snizatcher
01-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Why not allow guilds to fight the same mob at the same time and see what team gets the kill? Free for all!

Allow any number of guilds AND groups to compete at killing the content. None of this F2E nonsense, or play nice BS. Whoever gets the winning kill gets to distribute loot as they see fit.

This is END GAME content... We should not have to wait in line like the DMV for our chance to PLAY the game... With no risk? With sanctioned hand holding? With raid points? The fun in EQ has always been the slot machine like spawn/loot mechanics, random rewards = more excitement.

What this means is, the largest raid force is not guaranteed the raid kill... but they have a greater chance.
Any group that does significant damage to raid target has a chance to get the loot.

I just don't understand why everyone needs their hands held and to take turns? And why grown men scream and cry about this being THEIR target and loot.

Man up, best group wins.. let there be 200 people killing Trakanon. There is no harm in a wild fight.

This is the only solution that will make the game enjoyable and competitive at the same time.

Thoughts and Flames?

http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0

/thread

Rail
01-02-2014, 06:43 PM
http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0

/thread

Yes of course.. how could anyone understand Laissez-faire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laissez-faire).

I might as well stop playing now I guess.

Snizatcher
01-02-2014, 07:17 PM
What you're proposing is what we are doing right now... which isn't working. Just the act of proposing what you are saying can be taken as blatantly ignorant, or just plain stupid.

Like you, I learned about Laissez-Faire in high school. If you feel you don't want to participate on a server that doesn't continue to cater to this attitude, then the door is that way.