PDA

View Full Version : The Simple Plan

Elements
01-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Simple = better.

Any guild that kills more than 2 raid targets in a month may not contest the first spawn of any raid target outside VP the following month with competition there-after.

Here we go gents. A one-liner that effectively classifies two tiers of guilds (more competitive and less competitive), prevents monopolization, promotes competition, and ensures many guilds get a kick a thte cat every month with minimal effort on the first spawns. If less-competitive guilds want to rotate the first spawns of the month they should be more than welcome. If a guild wants to steamroll the first spawns of the month one month, then they need to sit out the next.

No regular maintenance, no regular submission/updates required beyond whokilledit.com. Everyone is free to compete.

Laok
01-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Oh, no, this will never work. We need a lawyer to draft a 230 page detailed agreement and then have everyone disagree for a month because provisions weren't included to detail the ass wiping procedure after shitting in your sock. And damnit, I don't see anything on the color and style of sock to be used! What were you thinking?

mitic
01-02-2014, 02:30 PM
not classic

falkun
01-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Fantastic, ~10% of 3-day spawns, ~25% of 7 day spawns split by anyone not in VP (/sarcasm). Rogean's proposal is ~50% of non-VP spawns for non-VP guilds, and ~50% of non-VP spawns for VP guilds. You've got a long way to get anywhere close to Rogean's proposal.

Laok
01-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Oh, I almost forgot, you need to define in the contract how often someone says "not classic" as well as come up with a system of rotation of people on call to say "not classic" along with frequency and veracity. ie: should they use all caps, how many exclamation points, underlining, bold, italics...

<sarcasm>Your plan sucks, no thought whatsoever.</sarcasm>

Elements
01-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Fantastic, ~10% of 3-day spawns, ~25% of 7 day spawns split by anyone not in VP (/sarcasm). Rogean's proposal is ~50% of non-VP spawns for non-VP guilds, and ~50% of non-VP spawns for VP guilds. You've got a long way to get anywhere close to Rogean's proposal.

Rogean's proposal is contradictory. He says he does not promote rotations yet his proposal effectively creates rotations. He says he wants to foster competition yet it effectively destroys competition.

This does however meet his stated goals allowing less competitive guilds a chance to compete amongst themselves without being steamrolled by the highly competitive, prevents monopolies among either classification of guilds, and gives the less competitive guilds a shot at content they previously we unwilling to compete for.

Splorf22
01-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Rogean's proposal is contradictory. He says he does not promote rotations yet his proposal effectively creates rotations. He says he wants to foster competition yet it effectively destroys competition.

This does however meet his stated goals allowing less competitive guilds a chance to compete amongst themselves without being steamrolled by the highly competitive, prevents monopolies among either classification of guilds, and gives the less competitive guilds a shot at content they previously we unwilling to compete for.

You guys had your chance to agree to an extremely reasonable proposal from Divinity. I made like 15 posts about how a) it was better for you than you thought and b) it was extremely fair and was flamed into oblivion. Now it seems you're going to get something worse.

<shrug>

Elements
01-02-2014, 02:56 PM
You guys had your chance to agree to an extremely reasonable proposal from Divinity. I made like 15 posts about how a) it was better for you than you thought and b) it was extremely fair and was flamed into oblivion. Now it seems you're going to get something worse.

<shrug>

The divinity proposal was clearly written by George Lucas in between writing the Watto/Qui-Gon deal in the phantom menace.... last I saw it was a 5 page long document and growing requiring weekly/biweely/monthly meetings of several people, constant upkeep and maintenance, etc. Horridly complex and doomed to break down I imagine.

falkun
01-02-2014, 02:59 PM
The Div proposal requires a draft once a month, that will also cover raid infractions. The Rogean proposal requires everyone posting on the forums on kill times (until/unless it gets automated). Since tier1 guilds like Rogean's proposal, they'll be left out of the draft (that tier2 wants to happen anyways), so you'll be missing out on 1-4 mobs you would have gotten under a rotation before everyone goes back to competition.

Elements
01-02-2014, 03:00 PM
The Div proposal requires a draft once a month, that will also cover raid infractions. The Rogean proposal requires everyone posting on the forums on kill times (until/unless it gets automated). Since tier1 guilds like Rogean's proposal, they'll be left out of the draft (that tier2 wants to happen anyways), so you'll be missing out on 1-4 mobs you would have gotten under a rotation before everyone goes back to competition.

Incomprehensible. Good morning.

Lune
01-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Too many people with poor analytical skills making too many arguments that lack any objectivity, rationality, or empathy.

GM's let you discuss your fate rather than decide it for you, and you shat on their face and ran around screaming like toddler bitches.

Elements, you in particular, I hope Rogean bans you so hard your computer explodes.

Laok
01-02-2014, 03:03 PM
All joking aside, I dig it. It would allow 1 week a month where dragons can be killed by lower end guilds and we might even see a pick-up raid or 2. Pick-ups with rolled loots wouldn't count towards a guilds lockout since there won't be DKP involved. Everyone gets a shot. Eventually, most guilds on the server will have the first spawn lockout.

Erati
01-02-2014, 03:13 PM
this plan isn't even worth talking about at this point lol

Elements needs to stop trolling

drktmplr12
01-02-2014, 03:15 PM
I hope Rogean bans you so hard your computer explodes.

i lol'd at work.

Elements
01-02-2014, 03:18 PM

Explain to me which of rogean's criteria is not met by this plan.

Fountree
01-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Simple Plan sucks dude. Terrible band xD

maximum
01-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Simple = better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

gwideon
01-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Simple <> Better.

What P99 had before now was very simple.

Clark
01-02-2014, 03:55 PM
This isn't Custom99.

Elements
01-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Explain to me which of rogean's criteria is not met by this plan.

Frieza_Prexus
01-02-2014, 05:52 PM

The staff should either not be involved in the discussions at all or they should lead them with authority.

The talks should be allowed to settle in their own right. People here have admitted that some plans WERE acceptable, but now they are not. This is a terrible precedent. Plans should stand on their own merits as to whether or not they are fair.

Instead, the bounds of how acceptable certain plans are is continually changing because of changes in the conversation that were induced by those with real authority. The response by the community is now "how does the staff's conversation create opportunities for more gains" as opposed to "what is fair on its own merits?"

captincrust
01-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Best plan yet: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133537

Erati
01-02-2014, 06:24 PM
The staff should either not be involved in the discussions at all or they should lead them with authority.

The talks should be allowed to settle in their own right. People here have admitted that some plans WERE acceptable, but now they are not. This is a terrible precedent. Plans should stand on their own merits as to whether or not they are fair.

Instead, the bounds of how acceptable certain plans are is continually changing because of changes in the conversation that were induced by those with real authority. The response by the community is now "how does the staff's conversation create opportunities for more gains" as opposed to "what is fair on its own merits?"

you wield fancier words than I sir.

I should not have said that "his plan isnt worth discussing". So I was wrong there, his plan is just as legit as the next if it brings forth a new idea that hasnt been discussed.

Upon reviewing the plan again, it sucks and I dont support it.

There, much better than my initial response, glad to clear that up.

Swifty
01-02-2014, 07:12 PM
not classic

and fascistoid as shit

Elements
01-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Deru took the best parts of this and tried to give the casuals a bit more to do throughout the month.