PDA

View Full Version : Rogean please read.

baramur
01-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Hey Rogean if we go with your idea, i have a question for you. Since you installed variance due to the terrible raid scene, and your proposal would help fix a majority of that, would it then be possible for you to pull back variance hugely. Lets say from its current state to maybe plus/minus 8 hours. I am all for your proposal, it helps more then 1 class of players, yet puts it in there that if a mob is up 6 hours its free game, would like this to be 4 hours, but would live with 6.

arsenalpow
01-02-2014, 10:37 AM
This was discussed last night briefly, we were trying to stay on topic. Staff said that if we could all agree to a raid policy and additionally agree to some sort of non poop socking measure then it's possible that variance could be reduced. Variance was implemented to counter socking so if we can all raid nicely and not sock it's a possibility.

Autotune
01-02-2014, 10:43 AM
This was discussed last night briefly, we were trying to stay on topic. Staff said that if we could all agree to a raid policy and additionally agree to some sort of non poop socking measure then it's possible that variance could be reduced. Variance was implemented to counter socking so if we can all raid nicely and not sock it's a possibility.

saying that it's a possibility isn't a great way to promote non-poopsocking.

Killing poopsocking should cut variance down to a huge degree.

arsenalpow
01-02-2014, 10:45 AM
The staff wasn't opposed to the idea and reducing variance was unilaterally supported by all guilds present. It was the only thing we all agreed on lol.

Autotune
01-02-2014, 10:48 AM
The staff wasn't opposed to the idea and reducing variance was unilaterally supported by all guilds present. It was the only thing we all agreed on lol.

Yeah, I don't doubt that. I think being more man to man would help with the situation though, aka: If you can get x to the table then we will bring y.

Rhambuk
01-02-2014, 10:49 AM

The ONLY thing that ALL guilds agreed upon wasn't decided to be changed only considered.

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssigh

Bruman
01-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Yeah, the variance changes did a great job of reducing poopsocking. Now people just poopsock the login screen!

arsenalpow
01-02-2014, 10:54 AM
So tonight we can hopefully agree on some sort of plan, maybe some non poop sock provisions and then maybe staff will reduce variance. Everyone just has to play nice for once.

Autotune
01-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Yeah, the variance changes did a great job of reducing poopsocking. Now people just poopsock the login screen!

Server select, you can't poopsock the character select (you have to cycle characters or something so it doesn't time you out) and the login is too far out.

GET COMPETITIVE!

lol

arsenalpow
01-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Server select, you can't poopsock the character select (you have to cycle characters or something so it doesn't time you out) and the login is too far out.

GET COMPETITIVE!

lol

Nerd

Nocsucow
01-02-2014, 11:07 AM
i think its time to grow the fuck up and resolve this bull shit .. and for you people who still put in 15 hrs a day into a elf simulator GROW THE FUCK UP

Hawala
01-02-2014, 11:08 AM
i think its time to grow the fuck up and resolve this bull shit .. and for you people who still put in 15 hrs a day into a elf simulator GROW THE FUCK UP

qft

Rhambuk
01-02-2014, 11:10 AM

Its pretty bad that the devs have to hold the server hostage to get people to share a little bit.

I like seeing people get what they deserve, and the hardcores definitely deserve this.

Nocsucow
01-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Its pretty bad that the devs have to hold the server hostage to get people to share a little bit.

I like seeing people get what they deserve, and the hardcores definitely deserve this.

why does there even have to be a hardcore part? were all playing the same game here .

Elmarnieh
01-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Variance would only increase socking. You have a longer window for which one has to wait and it decreases the supply of the goods entering the economy thereby increasing the price people are willing to pay (say go to extremes such as socking to get higher valued loot).

The fall of the hammer of uninteded consequences - the hallmark of a bad economist.

Vandy
01-02-2014, 11:26 AM
No variance during the Rotation part of the month, say first 14 days, and then resume variance during the FFA competition 2nd half of the month.

fastboy21
01-02-2014, 11:28 AM
My main concern with Rogean's tier system is that it may have unintended negative effects on the tier 2 guilds.

what keeps folks from packing their tier-1 alts into tier-2 guilds. obviously, if an entire tier-1 guild puts their alts into a new guild...lets call it <Tier2 My Othertoons> the GMs can just swoop in and throw the ban hammer.

What if, however, folks just distribute their alts into tier 2 guilds? It can create a huge head-ache for the legit tier-2 guilds.

Nocsucow
01-02-2014, 11:29 AM
My main concern with Rogean's tier system is that it may have unintended negative effects on the tier 2 guilds.

what keeps folks from packing their tier-1 alts into tier-2 guilds. obviously, if an entire tier-1 guild puts their alts into a new guild...lets call it <Tier2 My Othertoons> the GMs can just swoop in and throw the ban hammer.

What if, however, folks just distribute their alts into tier 2 guilds? It can create a huge head-ache for the legit tier-2 guilds.

im sure they will monitor this because this is the type of shit TMO will do 100% sure they will do this

Erati
01-02-2014, 11:31 AM
lol so tired of the same hide my alts in other guild argument

u guys act like those people would get free gear just being on the roster

they would still have to show up n raid, get/spend dkp and at that point they are contributing and helping us kill shit so lol some plan

if people have that much time to dedicate to both their main guild and another one for alts feel free to put in an app

takenguild.com always looking for dedicated member

Rhambuk
01-02-2014, 11:33 AM
why does there even have to be a hardcore part? were all playing the same game here .

because there are people that play this game that want to be hardcore. They created the system for themselves and feel that they deserve more because of their "hardcore" status.

I don't think that sitting at a spawnpoint for 15 hours makes you better than the guild that just zoned in but there are alot of people playing this that call that competition and actually WANT to be doing that

falkun
01-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Alt-stuffing is countered by
1) white knights/whistleblowers that do not let their friends or guilds allow alts into tier2 guilds.
2) A time delay in allowing new guilds into Tier2.
3) CSR repercussions for the guilds who are sending and the guilds who are accepting members trying to game the system.