PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Raid Proposal

muggro
01-02-2014, 01:55 AM
This is the proposal that we have been discussing with representatives from the raiding guilds. I will not speak for any specific guild here, but by our accounting 7/9 of the guilds we approached were on board with this compromise. This plan is also linked under the Raid Discussion forum. We wanted to also link this here to get feedback from anyone not part of the discussions. Thank you for your consideration.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OOFztfxPReZYCuXI2U9w6qhNmZZIUkZdMRS0k3j8Lm0/edit

Troubled
01-02-2014, 01:55 AM
FTE

SyanideGas
01-02-2014, 01:56 AM
SECOND

Anichek
01-02-2014, 01:56 AM
Fourth?

No, THIRD

sanluen
01-02-2014, 01:57 AM
BDA is definitely in support of this. Especially how it gives up and coming guilds a shot at some targets that they are not currently able to get attempts on.

Lanuven
01-02-2014, 02:00 AM
7/9 sounds like a majority ruling. make it happen already.

Jesseca
01-02-2014, 02:05 AM
Azure Guard approves!

khanable
01-02-2014, 02:06 AM
In for this

Aviann
01-02-2014, 02:13 AM
Now we dance.

Strifen
01-02-2014, 02:17 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CmAKAZkYCtQ/UFHmbs36DXI/AAAAAAAAC4M/QCtrQRcmoBk/s1600/thumbs-up-gladiator.gif

Mezzmur
01-02-2014, 02:19 AM
When I first read this, VP wasn't included a few days ago. Was it added and then removed to presume a concession? Just trying to understand, I hadn't seen any proposals that included VP to date.

My understanding is that there are currently 14 Guilds ready or close-to-ready for these kills. What happens to uneven divisions? The later drafters are SOL or are those defaulted to FFA?

Two hours seems long, imho.

I still see no commentary about alt guilds, perfectly reasonable to create guilds of 50s to draft vox/nag so that main guilds dont have to.

I'm playing devils advocate but these are all legitimate questions. I personally think rotations trivialize the whole point of EQ and why it was 100x better than all other MMOs and wouldn't agree to any system that includes them, but that's just me and I only represent myself.

Xelris
01-02-2014, 02:19 AM
And here I was hoping for a raid full of nothing but Pallys, SKs, Rangers and bards... where even the xp group progressed slower than normal.

muggro
01-02-2014, 02:21 AM
When I first read this, VP wasn't included a few days ago. Was it added and then removed to presume a concession? Just trying to understand, I hadn't seen any proposals that included VP to date.

My understanding is that there are currently 14 Guilds ready or close-to-ready for these kills. What happens to uneven divisions? The later drafters are SOL or are those defaulted to FFA?

Two hours seems long, imho.

I still see no commentary about alt guilds, perfectly reasonable to create guilds of 50s to draft vox/nag so that main guilds dont have to.

I'm playing devils advocate but these are all legitimate questions. I personally think rotations trivialize content and wouldn't agree to any system that includes them, but that's just me and I only represent myself.

VP mobs were on the table at one point and taken off after talked to all the guilds. I believe all your other questions are answered in the proposal.

h0tr0d (shaere)
01-02-2014, 02:23 AM
If he doesn't use it, Here ya all go... may or may not hafta let it buffer

https://vimeo.com/83189180

-Catherin-
01-02-2014, 02:29 AM
I support this

Mezzmur
01-02-2014, 02:31 AM
I don't see answers to this:

Then repeat till all slots are filled. ? So, RNG. Should make anything leftover go FFA.

---------------

I still, personally, feel like the 10/20 proposal is the most even mob distribution without going EZserver on the mobs. Going 10/20 and having category b or w/e you want to call it guilds have their own internal rotation is so much better and doesn't force people into a rotation that don't want to be there. *shrug*

Fazlazen
01-02-2014, 02:31 AM
I would support this, but I chose to raid instead of camping fbss

Oleris
01-02-2014, 02:33 AM
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/Dutchygamer/Random%20Forum%20Pics/picard.jpg

Jaxon
01-02-2014, 02:40 AM
At least Catherin still has her FBSS stash.

Ciroco
01-02-2014, 02:43 AM
I still, personally, feel like the 10/20 proposal is the most even mob distribution without going EZserver on the mobs. Going 10/20 and having category b or w/e you want to call it guilds have their own internal rotation is so much better and doesn't force people into a rotation that don't want to be there. *shrug*

I don't have a problem with this either. If this happened, both TMO and IB/FE would choose to not be in the rotation?

The only concern I have in general is that countless arguments will ensue when a mob has been left up for two hours. If something in the rotation spawns at 4 AM and whatever guild doesn't show, there are going to be multiple guilds fully buffed and ready to kill well before that time period is up. How do you police the 2 hour time period? Some guild will claim a mob spawned 12 seconds before it did and charge in first.

Mezzmur
01-02-2014, 02:47 AM
I don't have a problem with this either. If this happened, both TMO and IB/FE would choose to not be in the rotation?

The only concern I have in general is that countless arguments will ensue when a mob has been left up for two hours. If something in the rotation spawns at 4 AM and whatever guild doesn't show, there are going to be multiple guilds fully buffed and ready to kill well before that time period is up. How do you police the 2 hour time period? Some guild will claim a mob spawned 12 seconds before it did and charge in first.

The hands-off period was meant that during those X days, Tier 1/Cat A guilds wouldn't touch those mobs, it's up for cat b to determine FFA/Rotation/timeout/etc.

There's actually a larger pool of mobs-per-guild in 10/20 proposal than the 14 day rotation as well.

Ciroco
01-02-2014, 02:51 AM
The hands-off period was meant that during those X days, Tier 1/Cat A guilds wouldn't touch those mobs, it's up for cat b to determine FFA/Rotation/timeout/etc..

Even if the mob isn't down within the 2 hours?

Either way, it's likely that more than one guild will show up for a mob that goes FFA.

Mezzmur
01-02-2014, 03:11 AM
Even if the mob isn't down within the 2 hours?

Either way, it's likely that more than one guild will show up for a mob that goes FFA.

Tier 1 would not kill mob X in the hands off period, is my understanding. The thought initially was that Tier 2 guilds would compete/FFA for that mob in question. However, if they decided to have a rotation instead, those rules would TBD. It would still be within the hands-off period.

The problem with all these huge windows of leaving mobs up is you're just pushing the spawn timer out for everyone.