PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Player Base

Izzni
11-29-2009, 11:50 PM
I would have thought that the people who would want to play EQ classic would at least be in their 20s by now. As such they would have jobs and far better things to do than waste time screwing around with the server.

Perhaps the problem is that EQEmu attracts people who've been banned from Live, or can't get their mother to give them her credit card. Too bad they can't charge to play on the server, since that would probably grab more of the correct player base.

ferris
11-29-2009, 11:53 PM
If you ask me, the majority of players are those who played it when it came out.

I for one, played it when I was young and missed the days of yore.

I actually havent been able to play a MMO for any significant amount of time because Everquest made such an impact on me.

Allizia
11-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Uhh, what? I'm pretty sure even the people I don't like are 20+ and are as mature as the people on live (not saying a whole lot), not sure where this came from or what you are referring to really =/

It would also be illegal for them to charge

Bigcountry23
11-30-2009, 12:00 AM
Uhh, what? I'm pretty sure even the people I don't like are 20+ and are as mature as the people on live (not saying a whole lot), not sure where this came from or what you are referring to really =/

It would also be illegal for them to charge

Izzni is basically saying that the DDoS is a childish thing to do and is most likely not being done by the people this server was created to attract (people who played EQ 10 years ago and long for the "glory days") but rather people who are seeing this as a last resort after having been turned away or forced out of other servers (both live and otherwise).

Allizia
11-30-2009, 12:04 AM
You can't categorize a player base by looking at one person though

magic
11-30-2009, 12:05 AM
Well, the server probably attracted someone that had the ability to DDOS things as they saw fit. Something down the line pissed this person off... Same shit happened on VZTZ multiple times. It sucks. Welcome to the internet.

tycho100
11-30-2009, 12:09 AM
A disgruntled player makes the most sense - I hope they realise that they don't hurt the admins at all by doing this, only the other players who are unlikely to have done something to them. That said, I hope they realise the admins put a lot of time and effort into providing something free for all of us to enjoy with no expectation of recompense. This sort of thing is the lowest of the low - I might be able to understand how someone could get angry at Verant etc., but admins of a free server? It boggles the mind...

Zarniwooop
11-30-2009, 12:33 AM
They don't care.

All they know is they are powerless in the real world and this makes them feel powerful.

They don't care that they are depriving pretty decent people of something they love.

Goobles
11-30-2009, 12:37 AM
Can I has cracker?