PDA

View Full Version : Will a raid ban/freeze affect non raiders/the entire server?

Spoonerism
01-01-2014, 07:03 PM
I am just curious how things will pan out if an agreement is not reached and a freeze/ban takes affect.

My characters - 29 druid, 27 SK, and a few other alts, don't raid. They are my highest characters, I am not the richest individual, though... (thank you druid ports!), I can buy various low-"high end" (at least to me) items for 500p-2k, when I save enough to do so.

So, I don't see raiding in my immediate future, therefor, I would think that a raiding ban/freeze wouldn't affect me. But...am I wrong?

----------

I am just thinking about the "unintended consequences". Will high value targets beyond raid targets become problematic? --- I am not exactly familiar with all the non-raid targets, but I was thinking mobs like the ones that drop FBSS, or other such items? (I may be wrong here) -- will become overcamped/fought over like the raid targets were?

How about zones in general? Will the higher end zones become more crowded/camped due to the fact that the raiders can no longer feed their desires through raiding, thus will "raid" or "camp" other things? ---I am not meaning anything negative by this, and I don't know how much time is actually spent raiding, just posing questions.

What about items in general? Are there high end items that will skyrocket in price due to a raid freeze? Will this have a trickle down affect, either pumping a lot more platinum into the economy due to more "Idle hands" that aren't raiding? Or perhaps less platinum?

What about lower end items in general? Will we see an influx in less common items due to the "Idle Hands" from the raid freeze, going out to fight/get other items?

Or..will we see the "high lvl population" dwindle? Will people leave the server? (Doubtful and hopefully not)

Will there be there a vacuum, or perhaps bubble burst due to disgruntled people wanting to disrupt the entire server because their raiding has been disrupted? (IE, buying items with their copious amounts of platinum, just to delete them for LOLs, or just disrupting market/zone areas in retaliation?)

Or will it be rainbows and sunshine? Not that people aren't extremely helpful on this server already, but perhaps people will realize that we all don't have to be greedy and can share?

Just curious about what will happen beyond the "raid freeze".

Just like in any place that passes a law, there will be unintended consequences that will come about because of said passage.

But, tomorrow is the day, we shall see. Right now, while I am at work and bored, I can only speculate.