PDA

View Full Version : Classic raid system

Durka
01-01-2014, 04:41 PM
I do like a lot of ideas out there, but I think I have one that you may or may not bok at.

I would like to enjoy a more classic experience. Here is my proposal.

1. The guild that does the most dps to a mob wins.

2. If you train another guild during an encounter, that guild gets suspended from raiding for 1 week and the training guild does not get loot if the training guild get the kill.

3. If more than 2 guilds are attacking a target and a player in a 3rd, 4th or 5th guild trains the encounter, the loot gets distributed in a roll off by guild representatives.
3a. Every guild will be entitled to loot (if enough drops).
3b. Each guild representative will get 1 roll /random 1000.
3c. Loot is picked in order of highest roll to lowest roll.
3d. If every guild has already received 1 item, then the looting order is maintained until all loot has been taken.
3f. Any guild that wipes during an encounter due to a train will be allowed to get loot. Play nice, rez the other guild up and help each other.

4. If a guild has 2 infractions of training other guilds in a 30 day period or 4 infractions in 90 days, that guild gets disbanded and cannot reform with the same players.

5. Leapfrogging is allowed
5a. If you train to leapfrog a guild, your guild will be suspended for 7 days and loot to be distributed as outlined in #3.

6. If a player has trained raids more than 2 times in 180 days, that player is banned permanently.
6b. If a player trains a raid more than 4 times in the life of the character, that player is banned permanently.

Notice the theme here, everyone can play but there is NO tolerance for shenanigans. I think some of this could be amended, these are just rough ideas. The main thing is everyone can go after mobs, there is zero tolerance for training and those 'problem' players will get banned after they are found out.

This will require guilds to be strict on training. I bet you wont see players running to an encounter and flopping 10 mobs on another guild.

Thoughts, ideas, is this ludicrous or valid?

Durka
01-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Ok maybe it isnt that good of an idea ;-)

citizen1080
01-01-2014, 05:52 PM
I think people have cycled through outrage, anger, passion, anger, and are now pretty much spent. Personally I haven't even read the last 3-4 "proposals" that have popped up. Apathy is all I have left at this point.

Autotune
01-01-2014, 05:57 PM
I think people have cycled through outrage, anger, passion, anger, and are now pretty much spent. Personally I haven't even read the last 3-4 "proposals" that have popped up. Apathy is all I have left at this point.

mine was the best.

Aaron
01-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Too many cooks in the kitchen. I quit reading them too.

Arteker
01-01-2014, 05:58 PM
honestly only server i recall with a total rotation system enforced by GMs was stormhammer server or legends, with a rotation and tier system for mobs.

in the end it was broken cuz high end guilds would screw each to other by settin kills of trigger mobs such xegony so other guilds could not advance.

goshozal
01-01-2014, 06:00 PM
honestly only server i recall with a total rotation system enforced by GMs was stormhammer server or legends, with a rotation and tier system for mobs.

in the end it was broken cuz high end guilds would screw each to other by settin kills of trigger mobs such xegony so other guilds could not advance.

You mean classic wasn't a player paradise? I'm shocked.

Arteker
01-01-2014, 06:09 PM
You mean classic wasn't a player paradise? I'm shocked.

in my case it was a cuthroat competition from kunark to god .