PDA

View Full Version : Point System Proposal

nawcor
01-01-2014, 03:33 PM
I have tried to collect multiple proposal ideas and combine them into one that involves a point system. I believe this point system will leave guilds open to kill anything they want but also discourage from killing low priority targets.

No poop socking -No guild will have more than 2 members present at any given time during period of time where either Venril Sathir or Trakanon are in window. Specifically those tracking for VS will not be in the room, this will apply to all targets. No guild will be allowed to have characters logged in or near spawn points for all raid targets.

First in Force - FIF rule will apply to multiple guilds arriving at the same target in close proximity. Any guild that arrives in zone and fields a total of 20 members, will have a time of 20 minutes to complete their force/buff and begin any clear if necessary. If the FIF guild cannot complete these steps they must step down and let the next guild try. A raid wipe will also invoke this step. If no poop sock rule is applied, this rule is supported.

DA Stalling Tactics:

Any stalling tactic such as Divine Barrier or Aura, Harmshield, monk whirlwind or avoidance discs or DA Idol is considered 1 unit of stall. No guild shall employ more than 2 units of stalling during any raid target encounter (36 seconds). If said guild employs a stall tactic and fails to engage the encounter after that time period has concluded, they will forfeit any attempt to engage that target during this spawn period and retreat from the encounter.

Point System

All guilds will have a limit of 100 points per week for each raid target. Every raid target will have a value of 10 points. Any low priority raid target killed by an Cat-A guild will count a value of 25 points.

Category A Guilds -TMO -FE/IB -BDA(I put BDA here for ability to kill High Targets)
Category B Guilds - Taken - Divinity - Azure Guard - The A-Team - Europa

Hands Off Period

As of January 1, 2014, Category A guilds will be considered “Hands Off” for any Priority raid targets during the first 7 days of each calendar month. During that time period, Category A guilds will avoid any of their priority targets and open them to the rest of the server. This will however exclude raid targets in Veeshan’s Peak.

High Priority Raid Targets - Venril Sathir, Trakanon,(Veeshan Peak as well Xygozz, Hoshkar, Druushk, Siverwing, Nexona, Phara Dar)

Low Priority Raid Targets - Gorenoire, Talendor, Maestro of Rancor, Faydedar, Severillous, Cazic Thule (Draco), Innoruuk

Nagy/Vox
As it concerns Nagafen & Vox; CAT A Guilds will alternate killing only one per week and the following week killing the other always leaving one available to the remainder of the server.

Plane of Sky/Noble Dojorn

The Plane of Sky rotation will be respected by all guilds participating, however guilds are free to renegotiate their days with whomever they please.

Guilds agree to leave Overseer of Air up (providing the mechanics on blue still allow for this) to spawn multiple Nobles per day/week/month. If a Noble spawns during a guilds scheduled time, it will be assumed that the guild currently engaging sky will have a first right to engage that noble or they may defer that target to another guild if they choose to do so.

Guild Council
The Guild council will consist of the following guilds " TMO - FE/IB - BDA - Taken - Divinity - AG - A-Team - Europa. Each guild will one ONE representative for the council and each guild will have 24 hours(unless a longer time is permitted by guild requesting action and no request shall be made until AFTER any holiday that someone may be absent) to respond/vote to any council issues. *At this time FE/IB will receive one total vote but may have 2 representatives on the council *

Voting for amendments will require a majority (6/8 votes). The council will also be responsible for sanctioning guilds that violate the terms of the agreement. Sanctions will require a super majority to affect (7/8 votes). Sanctions should be pre-determined once the council has been established.

GMs Sirken and Derubael will oversee the committee if need be and their decisions will supersede those of the council. The CSR staff will defer to the judgement of the council however and will only intervene in extenuating circumstances. Guilds will also have the right to appeal decisions with CSR staff. The CSR staff has given the council the power to self-govern and use this committee to self-police. They also encourage guilds to work out disputes amongst themselves before bringing issues before CSR staff.

*At this time, this does not represent any guild in any way as an official proposal(atleast as a base) but was done by the reading I've done in multiple threads to offer a solution. Some of the suggestions are taken from multiple parties.

DrKvothe
01-01-2014, 03:40 PM
I think you managed to combine the worst aspects of the point system with the worst aspects of the FE proposal.

nawcor
01-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Why do you think so? Offer input instead of just negative comments.

Buriedpast
01-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Wow. That's wrong on so many levels.

Da stalling is retarded.

So 2 units of stall, plus a bladestopper, plus a soul fire, plus prayers of life, plus puppet string pet chains, plus a disc. But you only used 36 sec of da ....

Durka
01-01-2014, 03:45 PM
/facepalm

This looks like it was well thought out, but you forget variance. Unless the server repops on the first day of every month, I see category B getting screwed. On top of it, this system of classification is ludicrous. A-Team is just as important as TMO. You have no right to tell that dedicated group of individuals they are not as entitled to fight those mobs.

Rupertox
01-01-2014, 03:48 PM
so for example tmo can kill all high value targets and still dont get the 100 points value? good.

so at this point, we still have the same issue, VP locked for one guild(now FE/IB as they have a good number of Keys will possibly make some dragon)

But BDA, with VP locked, trakanon locked, and Vs prolly locked, can kill 4 targets while for example, divinity could kill 10, so fair.

Hitpoint
01-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Wow. That's wrong on so many levels.

Da stalling is retarded.

So 2 units of stall, plus a bladestopper, plus a soul fire, plus prayers of life, plus puppet string pet chains, plus a disc. But you only used 36 sec of da ....

You seem to overestimate stalling tactics. All that stuff can happen right now, but it doesn't. People try to, but it doesn't work out so smoothly as that. I mean, which mob are you doing this to? Once DA fades...Dragons will charm you, and you end up eating the charm for another guild or just get charmed for no reason. Trak will banish you. Gods will DT you. The only mob where this is even relevant is VS, and there's going to be several other people in the room trying to FTE so DA won't do a thing, either you got FTE or you didn't and that's all that matters.

Didn't read the OP. I'm just saying stalls aren't this ridiculous.

nawcor
01-01-2014, 03:55 PM
I didn't intend to classify any guild more important than another ( is why I added guilds to the council) nor do I didn't think I really restricted anyone from killing anything, that was sorta the point other than the hands off week. Just because you hate TMO or FE/IB or whoever, shouldnt necessarily mean they should get nothing they want or "not allowed" to kill something for whatever reason. I was pretty sure FE/IB would challenge TMO in the VP dept as they had no problem killing it while TMO has been gone.

BDA has shown they are more than capable of killing Trak/VS is why I inlcuded them in CAT-A, of course if there is much conflict they can be moved. As I said it was submitted as a base for people to weigh in and adjust. Even without a a trak or VS kill 4 out of 7 low mobs I figured was pretty good?

Durka
01-01-2014, 03:57 PM
I personally think this is just too much to manage. The game is simple and the rules should be simple:

Whomever does the most dps to a mob wins.

If you train another guild during an encounter they get suspended and your guild does not get loot if they get the kill.

If a guild wipes from a train from another guild, the other guild cannot engage that mob. Any member who does engage gets suspended and the loot goes to the trained guild.

If your character trains a guild during an encounter more than once, 1 year suspension (maybe even ban?).

Sounds like a plan to me.

Rupertox
01-01-2014, 04:04 PM
at the moment, BdA is in the middle of a and b, BdA has killed trakanon nowdays once with TMO out (im talking about last months) 0 VS and 0 VP nameds.

At this point, BdA kills are more like Maestro, Talendor, Gorenaire....

So, we need to choice between be locked, or be locked.

Cat-A: BDA gets 1 trakanon per month (being pleasant) and 1 CT , 1 Talendor and 1 Maestro. (85 points) TMO gets in a week, 2 Trakanons once every Vp dragons and once VS (80 points)

Cat-B: BdA gets 10 targets that are good for be raiding, but BDA have the force to grow, but is still locked.

nawcor
01-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Well one of the complaints is that this or that is too hard to follow, I tried to eliminate as much as possible while still providing a good set of standards.

I do agree that BDA is at the in between A and B as a guild. Just as you suggested with BDA being under "Cat-A" was what I was going after with the 7 day hands off period, perhaps exclude BDA from it?. Gives BDA what is.. let me say the "upper hand" vs other B guilds to target those mobs. You could killed Trak/VS/Mae/Tal/Gor and be at 95 points for that week.

Yinikren
01-01-2014, 05:59 PM
There is a better point system already. Less confusing. Check my thread.