PDA

View Full Version : Funny Habbits

Rhambuk
01-01-2014, 03:01 AM
After seeing http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133213 I was thinking about how it would work. Most people stare straight ahead at the screen only moving their eyes so it wouldn't really be that immersive or anything....

Anyway I thought who turns there head while looking at the screen? and I remembered I used to do that. I always have a tv running in the background and sometimes its to the side of me sometimes when I would turn to look at it I would turn my character in game back and forth almost everytime, thats immersion!

Something else I would do is think to myself as though I was typing in game. Before speaking I would think in my head /g or /reply then say what I was going to say.

What funny habbits did you pick up playing everquest?

Swish
01-01-2014, 04:32 AM
I still do that with chat commands... even though I use /g most of the time it's still set to say... and just keep autotyping /g before every message :D

When I get bored I often alt-tab to the forums...was the same on live :)

myriverse
01-01-2014, 09:52 AM
By the time EQ came around, I was pretty immune to such things, but I picked up a bunch of stuff like this in the early-90s from the Internet. I've lost them all over time.

Brut
01-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Thought tis would be about halflings.

Am at least notice still trying to rise up on chair when trying to levitate over to something that's cutting it really close. Kinda like pressing a button harder on controller when excited or leaning to side while turning on racing games.

radditsu
01-01-2014, 01:50 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AWRZut6klgE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DAWRZut6klgE

radditsu
01-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Oh funny "habbits".

Habits

Clark
01-02-2014, 06:07 AM
Thought tis would be about halflings.

:)

Wish I could think of some at the moment.

Xelris
01-02-2014, 07:39 AM
I know you can / all "whatever". Still physically type /who all "whatever". It's ingrained into muscle memory at this point.

Sitting down constantly on melee characters during group med breaks or pulling pauses(live main was a caster).

Spell order on any casters. Root is for gem 4. Resist debuff gem 3. Slow or snare gem 8. 1 and 2 for buff rotation or defensives (flux, divine aura, fear). 5, 6 and 7 for primary abilities (healing, mezzing, charming, nuking or whatever). Just like typing you set the order enough and you can expect what will happen without having to think about it.

Habits die hard.

Brut
01-02-2014, 07:48 AM
Always arranging my UI to look like the classic post stamp thing. Character hp bars and group and abilities go to the right, top right is effects, chatbars bottom, to left are hotkeys and spell gems!