PDA

View Full Version : FD working as intended?

huron99
12-31-2013, 07:05 PM
On a successful fd (necro), I've noticed even if I wait over 5minutes then stand up the mob still chases me down, apparently from half way across the zone.

From what I can tell, fd seems to work perfectly fine if the mob was non-aggressive (indifferent) to begin with.

I haven't had these issues on my monk.

Is this a bug?

Fobbon
12-31-2013, 07:58 PM
I had the same issue a number of times over the weekend. had to /q out while feigned to wipe agro. It doesn't seem to be working as intended.

Growlers
12-31-2013, 08:40 PM
I have noticed this too, no matter how long I wait.

Autotune
01-01-2014, 12:08 AM
It doesn't matter how long you wait, it will never clear aggro unless you get the mem wipe from FD lotto if the mob is a pather.

If the mob has a static point, it will reset after returning to it's post.

Best course of action is to quit out of the game and reload. However, if you're in a bad spot you can try flopping multiple times, but the odds you'll fail are much greater than the odds that you'll actually get a memwipe FD.

Nuggie
01-01-2014, 12:57 AM
It doesn't matter how long you wait, it will never clear aggro unless you get the mem wipe from FD lotto if the mob is a pather.

If the mob has a static point, it will reset after returning to it's post.

Best course of action is to quit out of the game and reload. However, if you're in a bad spot you can try flopping multiple times, but the odds you'll fail are much greater than the odds that you'll actually get a memwipe FD.

This.

huron99
01-01-2014, 02:02 AM
Ok, thanks for the added insight guys.

Growlers
01-01-2014, 03:19 AM
So if you /q out you will still be fd in the "link dead" process?

Buriedpast
01-01-2014, 03:39 AM
Yes.

Fobbon
01-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Just so I'm clear, the fact that pathers don't automatically agro wipe and it's a random chance is the intended mechanic? or is that just the way it works currently but they *should* agro wipe after you've been feigned long enough?

Autotune
01-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Just so I'm clear, the fact that pathers don't automatically agro wipe and it's a random chance is the intended mechanic? or is that just the way it works currently but they *should* agro wipe after you've been feigned long enough?

who knows. If you think it should be different, find classic evidence that supports it. Otherwise, play with what you have yo.

Fobbon
01-02-2014, 01:07 PM
who knows. If you think it should be different, find classic evidence that supports it. Otherwise, play with what you have yo.

While I do think it should be different, I also don't have any classic evidence that it should be otherwise. I was mainly hoping that someone who played a necro in classic could either confirm that this was the case or at least offer a recollection that classic FD would/could eventually agro wipe if you stayed dead long enough.

Autotune
01-04-2014, 09:48 AM
While I do think it should be different, I also don't have any classic evidence that it should be otherwise. I was mainly hoping that someone who played a necro in classic could either confirm that this was the case or at least offer a recollection that classic FD would/could eventually agro wipe if you stayed dead long enough.

That is the thing though, people remember things incorrectly quite often. It's best to just search for the answer on the internet from that time period.

Uteunayr
01-04-2014, 11:55 AM
If this wasn't already mentioned, you have about 1 second after standing up from FD to do something: use your Circlet of Shadows (if possible) to go invis, and you shouldn't get any aggro, even if FD didn't clear your aggro.

I've not once been aggroed doing this unless a mob nearby could see invis.

Fobbon
01-04-2014, 12:13 PM
If this wasn't already mentioned, you have about 1 second after standing up from FD to do something: use your Circlet of Shadows (if possible) to go invis, and you shouldn't get any aggro, even if FD didn't clear your aggro.

I could have sworn I had an issue with clicking my CoS and no clearing agro, but perhaps I waited too long to click it. Thank you, Uteunayr, I'll definitely be experimenting with this.

Tecmos Deception
01-04-2014, 12:26 PM
I could have sworn I had an issue with clicking my CoS and no clearing agro, but perhaps I waited too long to click it. Thank you, Uteunayr, I'll definitely be experimenting with this.

It doesn't really clear aggro; it just postpones it until you drop invis. Right?

Growlers
01-04-2014, 01:23 PM

Thanks, I'll give this a shot

Autotune
01-04-2014, 04:20 PM
It doesn't really clear aggro; it just postpones it until you drop invis. Right?

it clears it as long as they don't see invis

and you guys do know you can spam it as you stand lol.

Uteunayr
01-04-2014, 07:14 PM
it clears it as long as they don't see invis

and you guys do know you can spam it as you stand lol.

You can also spam it while running, and if you have See Invis, you become a running orb of energy. It's awesome. Sort of like you can become a big teal ball by spamming Words of Darkness. #JustNecroThings

Autotune
01-04-2014, 07:19 PM
You can also spam it while running, and if you have See Invis, you become a running orb of energy. It's awesome. Sort of like you can become a big teal ball by spamming Words of Darkness. #JustNecroThings

makes me so sad that I don't have all these clickys atm like I used to.

Growlers
01-04-2014, 09:26 PM
I make lots of pretty flowing balls of light with my clickies :)

krilla
01-06-2014, 01:51 AM
when does the mechanic change? At level 20 I can make mobs forget about me and it seems 100%.

Fobbon
01-06-2014, 06:58 AM
when does the mechanic change? At level 20 I can make mobs forget about me and it seems 100%.

I can't speak for the OP, but the issue I was having was with static mobs versus roamers. If I stayed FD long enough, the static mobs would always clear agro (and, on a sidenote, standing and clicking my CoS cleared agro for me this weekend on static mobs). The question was with roamers. Are you successfully clearing agro on KOS mobs that are static or that path?

kevincheese
01-06-2014, 07:37 PM
What they've been saying is correct about the pathers vs static spawns. Every time you FD you have a chance to clear agro, and if a pather doesn't clear, it will come back always.

On live, they eventually added (probably PoP or later, I know it was later on) a 10 minute full clear. Stay FD for 10 you'd clear all agro, period. But this was not in place before that.

Source - I played a monk live for years. I don't think there were many differences between the FD mechanics, but take that with a grain of salt.

krilla
01-06-2014, 07:42 PM
In my limited experience it clears aggro on roamers, at least outdoors. I haven't tried it in a dungeon yet, except maybe on static spawns.

Fobbon
01-07-2014, 11:34 AM
What they've been saying is correct about the pathers vs static spawns. Every time you FD you have a chance to clear agro, and if a pather doesn't clear, it will come back always.

On live, they eventually added (probably PoP or later, I know it was later on) a 10 minute full clear. Stay FD for 10 you'd clear all agro, period. But this was not in place before that.

Source - I played a monk live for years. I don't think there were many differences between the FD mechanics, but take that with a grain of salt.

Thank you, this is exactly the sort of recollection I was looking for. I don't have a problem with not wiping agro on pathers, it just came as a surprise in DL. More experimentation is needed.

Iandyan
01-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Same experience as Krilla here.

Level 20 necro FD and never had a mob come back.

These were roaming mobs I was pulling from windmill area to lake in LOIO.

Maybe I've just been lucky though.

huron99
01-07-2014, 06:50 PM
When you stand up after a feign death, if the previously aggro'd mobs were below Level 35 there will be no repercussions as the mob will have no recollection of you and carry on as normal. Mobs above Level 35 however have a chance to re agro on you. If they do, they will go directly to you as if you were still an enemy. If you have stayed down long enough for the mob to return to its spawn point, then there is a 90% chance it wont agro on you again. However, if it is still roaming there is an 80% chance that it will agro on you again. Don't be too worried though, you do have the chance to re-feign and each subsequent feign reduces the chances of re-agro by roughly 20%.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Feign_Death

Passing this along for those trying to figure out the exact numbers on the mechanic.

Having tested this on lvl 35+ mobs it seems spot on.

Fobbon
01-08-2014, 07:41 AM
When you stand up after a feign death, if the previously aggro'd mobs were below Level 35 there will be no repercussions as the mob will have no recollection of you and carry on as normal. Mobs above Level 35 however have a chance to re agro on you. If they do, they will go directly to you as if you were still an enemy. If you have stayed down long enough for the mob to return to its spawn point, then there is a 90% chance it wont agro on you again. However, if it is still roaming there is an 80% chance that it will agro on you again. Don't be too worried though, you do have the chance to re-feign and each subsequent feign reduces the chances of re-agro by roughly 20%.

Passing this along for those trying to figure out the exact numbers on the mechanic.

Thank you, Huron. This is exactly what I was experiencing. I had no issues until I hit DL. I guess you win the thread and that FD is most definitely working as intended.

Uteunayr
01-08-2014, 11:42 AM

Fantastic.