PDA

View Full Version : The Real Raiding Problem.

antracus
12-31-2013, 11:49 AM
While everyone on this server agrees that there is a problem with raid MOB competition on this server, I have seen very little discussion about the core problem: WE HAVE TOO MANY HIGH LEVEL GUILDS.

I am sure you all remember, back in the Kunark days, there were only 2-4 high level guilds on a server, only 1-2 of those guilds was capable of taking on tougher raid mobs like Trak, Sev, or Veeshans Peak. The reason is most people did not have a level 55+ toon. Kunark has been live for app 2 years now, and the server has been around for about 3.5 years, that has given most of the server the chance to get at least 1 55+ toon. The end result is we have way too many high level players for an expansion that should have ended 2 years ago. what does this mean? An expansion designed for 2-4 guilds now has to hold at 8-10 high level raiding guilds, most of which are capable of going to VP if the spawn rate allowed them to.

Solution? Increase the spawn rate significantly of Raid mobs to accomidate the bloated high level population. This, combined with an aggreement between the raiding guilds would allow more people to relive the classic experience and allow for less competition amongst the guilds.

I dont know about most other people on this server, but i play here to relive the classic experience, not dominate a server so I can feel important about myself.

kotton05
12-31-2013, 11:51 AM
I dont know about most other people on this server, but i play here to relive the classic experience, not dominate a server so I can feel important about myself.

I commend you for that last line, its what its all about /salute

heazels
12-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Server Reset, Server Split, or New Server, only real solutions imo.

Ecguy
12-31-2013, 11:56 AM
I've said multiple times that this is the root cause of the problems. As have others. We should lobby for a dev solution that addresses this, but shouldn't rely on one.

Itap
12-31-2013, 11:57 AM
<The Hive>

Man0warr
12-31-2013, 12:01 PM
Until this is solved, the current raid issues will only get worse.

Lojik
12-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Solution? Increase the spawn rate significantly of Raid mobs to accomidate the bloated high level population. This, combined with an aggreement between the raiding guilds would allow more people to relive the classic experience and allow for less competition amongst the guilds.

I think the main objection to this is two fold- people who put on tons of time toward getting some loot will be mad, and people are afraid of tons of elite loot flooding the server. I've said before daily spawns with reduced loot chances would be awesome: people still have to put in time, there will be lots more content for high levels, not as much wall staring, still same amount of loot entering the server, still competition

Velerin
12-31-2013, 12:26 PM
I think the main objection to this is two fold- people who put on tons of time toward getting some loot will be mad, and people are afraid of tons of elite loot flooding the server. I've said before daily spawns with reduced loot chances would be awesome: people still have to put in time, there will be lots more content for high levels, not as much wall staring, still same amount of loot entering the server, still competition

I like that a lot. More mobs with less loot (same overall loot). Still "competition" but lots more mobs for people to down to cater to how many high levels we have here.

Atmas
12-31-2013, 12:34 PM
I commend you for that last line, its what its all about /salute

It's not what it's about for everyone. I actually agreed with the rest of this post except this line. Why is there always a need to put some spin on everything? Everyone acts like they don't care about loot but then makes all these threads about how they should get more loot.

Anyway, yes there is not enough content. I've said this a lot. There is not enough raid content for the population breakdown of P99. We are years behind in content and years ahead in knowledge. Never in classic Kunark live was there a server where guild #1 was competing with guild #7 on a server for the same mobs.

Elroz
12-31-2013, 01:48 PM
Daily spawns makes perfect sense to me. Classic eq didn't have this many raid capable guilds on any single server that I can remember. Even with daily spawns there would be heavy competition, it just won't be between 2-3 guilds, it'll be between like 8-12. Seems like the way this server is setup now, it deters people away from being a raider if they have any sort of life outside the game. It just feels like this server is 3 classic servers merged into 1, with extended spawn rates.

Is the main concern about daily spawns that if more people are capable of obtaining pixels, then the pixels already obtained become less valuable? If that's the case then people need to realize a lot of their current pixels will be way less valuable in Velious anyway. It sounds to me (I could be wrong) that a vast majority of the players want to relive the old days by actually killing the raid mobs and still compete for them, just not be on-call 24/7 to do so.

Velious will fix a lot of the problems obviously because there'll be so many more raid targets and they're going to be quite a bit tougher. Plus if no targets are up, people will be doing armor runs in kael/tov clearing trash.

Anyways you can take my thoughts with a grain of salt since I don't have any 60's here yet. On live I had about 15,000 aa's between my characters when I quit and a magnificent neckbeard during kunark/velious if that counts for anything. --jameson / terris-thule

Mezzmur
12-31-2013, 01:51 PM
<The Hive>

Supported by a DKP system based on tracking and attendance. Sounds great!

radditsu
12-31-2013, 01:52 PM
They are not going to add code to fix a human problem. You all have ideas about "code this" and it will fix it. It took 6 months to add fte shouts. Adding code is not a solution.