PDA

View Full Version : Simplicity.

baramur
12-31-2013, 09:04 AM
A guild may engage and kill each of the 7 day spawn mobs once per month.

A guild may engage and kill each of the 3 day spawn mobs 3 times per month.

Any mob left up over 6 hours becomes free to engage by anyone on server.

Simple Simple Simple.

Swish
12-31-2013, 10:04 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/11/128997930798958410.jpg

Alarti0001
12-31-2013, 10:05 AM
Simply... terrible

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-31-2013, 10:09 AM
If you read the fe/tmo proposal, you see they are trying to keep as much competition in the game as possible.

I too admire simplicity, but once you out in rotation/bag limits, guilds start to just play to those limits. And that becomes un-fun to those who like the rush of competing. The ideal is to put ground rules to wide open competition, or as wide open as can be.

To put the matter differently, the ideal would be a system in which theoretically TMO could still get nearly every kill, but there are rules which cut out the BS tactics and also leave windows of opportunity open for other guilds.

The FE/TMO proposal addresses that. It's a bit overly complicated, but it is in the right direction.

The ideal: maximum competition with maximum opportunity with maximum anti-BS gameplay rules. That a tough three hurdles! Key is to keep all three in mind as equal important.

Aaron
12-31-2013, 10:36 AM
Simply... terrible

Indeed. Another pointless thread. Exactly what we needed.

Bones
12-31-2013, 12:08 PM
If you read the fe/tmo proposal, you see they are trying to keep as much competition in the game as possible.

I too admire simplicity, but once you out in rotation/bag limits, guilds start to just play to those limits. And that becomes un-fun to those who like the rush of competing. The ideal is to put ground rules to wide open competition, or as wide open as can be.

I think its great you guys feel a "rush of competing" as you stare at your bat phone and vigorously smash your keyboard to log in to everquest at 4 am on a week night to kill a pixelated dragon. No really, I do.

Atmas
12-31-2013, 12:47 PM
Want simplicity?

Anyone can go for any mob.

Beat that.